mkopack

Re: Anyone ordering from Newark in the USA get a status update yet?

Tue May 01, 2012 3:05 pm

In line with the Farnell/Element14 email thread, I'm wondering if anyone who has their order in with Newark in the USA has gotten an updated ship date notification yet? Mine is still showing Aug 15...

kenk

Tue May 01, 2012 6:31 pm

I ordered from Newark / Element14 on March 3, and have not recieved any notification.

Under my orders it show the Aug 16 estimated delivery date.

sporez

Tue May 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Same here…no email and shows Aug 15.   I ordered on 2/29.

JeremyF

Tue May 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Sadly, still no.
{sig} Setup: Original version Raspberry Pi (B, rev1, 256MB), Dell 2001FP monitor (1600x1200), 8GB Class 4 SD Card with Raspbian and XBMC, DD-WRT wireless bridge

Jim Manley
Location: SillyCon Valley, California, and Powell, Wyoming, USA, plus The Universe

Tue May 01, 2012 7:11 pm

August 16th is still my estimated ship date, for an order finally completed at T-plus four hours, 16 minutes (10:16 GMT) on 29 February.
The best things in life aren't things ... but, a Pi comes pretty darned close! :D
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." -- W.B. Yeats
In theory, theory & practice are the same - in practice, they aren't!!!

rmm200

Tue May 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Mine still stuck at Aug 16. No EMails.

piguy79

Tue May 01, 2012 8:02 pm

when i check my order history on the newark website my status is back order and my expected ship date is august 16, 2012. it hasn't been updated since i placed my order. i recieved like 6 emails from them but no new ship date yet. i hope i get mine around june because i still have to purchase adapters and stuff to hook it up to my dvi-d monitor and my ps2 keyboard and mouse.

rmm200

Tue May 01, 2012 8:59 pm

As soon as I made my post above, I got an EMail from Newark. Mine is in the batch shipping starting June 18. Sure beats August!

They also say the order history date will not change until they have the units in-house, so EMails will have the most accurate date.

sporez

Tue May 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Just got an email also...mine is in an upcoming shipment beginning May 29th.

mkopack

Tue May 01, 2012 9:25 pm

FINALLY just got something from them:

"We're excited to inform you that your Raspberry Pi will be delivered in an upcoming shipment beginning the week of May 29th. We will have your firm delivery date, after manufacturer confirmations are made, on Newark.com. "

Mind you, if you read that, it means that I'm getting it from a shipment sometime AFTER the 29th of May, but not a firm date yet. (although from what you guys are posting, maybe that DOES mean it'll go out around the 29th?)

Sigh... I was expecting a much more firm indication of ship date.

cakiwi

Tue May 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Just got an email from Newark with expected shipping in the week of 18th June

Ordered P-hour + 20, Order Confirmation Number 1695xx

Jessie

Tue May 01, 2012 11:36 pm

I sure am glad I stayed up all night to get in and order early.

mstoetz1

Wed May 02, 2012 1:53 am

I received the same email as "mkopack"... Shipping week of May 29.

I ordered Feb 29, 2012... this is the first email I've seen from Newark since that order.

jefferzbooboo

Wed May 02, 2012 5:19 am

This is what I got:

We're excited to inform you that your Raspberry Pi will be delivered in an upcoming shipment beginning the week of May 29th. We will have your firm delivery date, after manufacturer confirmations are made, on Newark.com. If you don't have all the accessories you need for your Raspberry Pi, please take advantage of this 15% off coupon on your next purchase from Newark.com.

Please Note: The delivery date reflected in your order history on www.newark.com will not update until stock is received in our warehouses. The delivery date shown in this email is the most accurate delivery date we have for your order.

JustThisGuy

Wed May 02, 2012 9:53 pm

I ordered on March 4 and today they sent me:

We're excited to inform you that your Raspberry Pi will be delivered in an upcoming shipment beginning the week of June 29th. We will have your firm delivery date, after manufacturer confirmations are made, on Newark.com....

Please Note: The delivery date reflected in your order history on http://www.newark.com will not update until stock is received in our warehouses. The delivery date shown in this email is the most accurate delivery date we have for your order.

Looks like Christmas is falling in July this year.
Any conversation about a sufficiently complex subject is indistinguishable from babble.

bwoodbury

Wed May 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Ordered mine in Canada on March 4 and got exactly the same email today as JustThisGuy

kenk

Wed May 02, 2012 11:54 pm

I received my email today. June 29th. I didn't realize it would be so far out since I ordered on March 3rd. Guess there were a lot of orders in a short period of time.

Now I can start putting together my list of other parts I need for my project and spread it out over the next month and a half.

kayaker

Thu May 03, 2012 12:40 am

Based on Farnell's prior info, that June 29th date sounds very odd.  The announcement Farnell put out on April 18th said that everyone that ordered before April 18th would receive their Pi "before the end of June"  ... Yet, those of you who ordered nearly TWO MONTHS BEFORE that date also will be delivered at the end of June?  Makes NO sense.

Just to add a data point of my own, I ordered from Newark much later, on March 15, and today got a date of... June 29th!

Maybe "June 29th" is the new catch-all date like "August 16th" was. Even if there were a huge number of orders in the first day or two, it doesn't make sense that everybody from March 3rd onward is scheduled for June 29th.

DataPath

Thu May 03, 2012 1:55 pm

I got a June 18th date.

kayaker

Thu May 03, 2012 2:53 pm

June 18th is a little better. When did you place your order?

mkopack

Thu May 03, 2012 3:03 pm

DataPath said:

I got a June 18th date.

kayaker said:

Based on Farnell's prior info, that June 29th date sounds very odd.  The announcement Farnell put out on April 18th said that everyone that ordered before April 18th would receive their Pi "before the end of June"  ... Yet, those of you who ordered nearly TWO MONTHS BEFORE that date also will be delivered at the end of June?  Makes NO sense.

Depends on what their production ramp up looks like... They're only supposed to have like 12K units produced by the end of May. Maybe the early/mid June is like 25K, and the end of the June is like 75K. Just depends on how much production capacity they can get online and when and get it cranking out.

kayaker

Thu May 03, 2012 4:06 pm

mkopack said:

DataPath said:

I got a June 18th date.

kayaker said:

Depends on what their production ramp up looks like... They're only supposed to have like 12K units produced by the end of May. Maybe the early/mid June is like 25K, and the end of the June is like 75K. Just depends on how much production capacity they can get online and when and get it cranking out.

Yeah, it's possible.  And there's two curves there that we don't  know - the order curve and the manufacturing curve.  Still seems strange that 3 days worth of orders from 2/29 - 3/2 are to be delivered mid to end of May ... and all orders for the next month and a half (3/3 through 4/18) all get a delivery week of June 29.

Not that I'm complaining, just trying to understand. I didn't order THAT early (March 15th), and actually expected a date quite a bit later than those who ordered on March 3rd or 4th.

mole125

Thu May 03, 2012 4:13 pm

You've missed a curve, the shipping curve.

While manufacturing is continuous the shipping from the factory to the distribution centres will be in batches.

First batch: 800

Second batch: 3k

Third batch: ???k

Fourth batch: ???k

kayaker

Thu May 03, 2012 5:09 pm

mole125 said:

You've missed a curve, the shipping curve.

While manufacturing is continuous the shipping from the factory to the distribution centres will be in batches.

First batch: 800

Second batch: 3k

Third batch: ???k

Fourth batch: ???k

Sloppy wording on my part. I was meaning the delivery curve, not the manufacturing curve... and I know it's in batches.  Still seems odd that you'd have every order after day 2 coming one huge batch a month and a half later.  But, whatever.

Return to “General discussion”