ZuLuuuuuu

Is it possible to load .icc color profiles?

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:23 am

Hello, I wanted to know if anybody successfully loaded an .icc color profile and saw the effect on her monitor using Raspberry Pi.

I have not tried it with Raspberry Pi but unfortunately I won't have access to a Raspbery Pi for a few days. The reason I ask this question is because the current embedded hardware we are using (PandaBoard + Ubuntu) cannot load .icc profiles although I managed to load .icc profiles on my laptop with Ubuntu successfully. So we are thinking of switching to another embedded card.

RaTTuS

Re: Is it possible to load .icc color profiles?

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:58 am

I had no Idea this even existed before I saw this thread

Dunno - this would probably be something that Dom would have to do in the GPU ...
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

jbowler

Re: Is it possible to load .icc color profiles?

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Hardware doesn't load profiles; the profile is *associated* with the hardware, by some software specific method.

An ICC profile is only one half of the information required to match color data to output devices; two profiles are required, one for the input, one for the output.

The way this is used is that the input profile is used by some software to convert the original colors to a standard representation defined by the ICC (the "PCS" - Profile Connection Space" - which actually does contain real colors, neat) then then is converted to some appropriate driver values for the output device using the output profile.

John Bowler

Return to “General discussion”