mikeplow1961

Re: RS - We missed your order email

Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Anyone else had one of these? I managed to register for a Pi on that frustrating morning and received a confirmation on 9th March telling me that I was among the first batch and that I'd be notified as soon as I could order one.

I heard nothing else till last week when I received an email saying

"Dear Mike,

We recently sent you an invitation to place your order for a Raspberry Pi from the RS Components / Allied Electronics online store. Having checked our records, you don't appear to have placed your order yet, so we're sending you this reminder.

Please check your emails for your order invitation, and remember to check your spam folder as well. The details you need to place your order are all in the invitation, sent on 12th April.

Please use the buttons below to give us feedback"

I received no such email on the 12th, it didn't go into the spambox and isn't stored on my email server either.

The two buttons mentioned above give you the option to say yes i still want to order one or no I am no longer interested. I clicked on the one to say I still want one (this was last Thursday)  and also emailed them but have not had any response.

Anyone else in the same position?

mikeplow1961

Fri May 04, 2012 11:40 am

With no response to my clicking on the email link (many times) and no response to emails sent, I took it on myself to find out the name and email address of the chairman of RS. Replied to my email within five minutes promising it would be dealt with, activation code received fifteen minutes later.

Pi now sat on my desk.

RS Sales - you suck.

RS Charirman - you rock.

secretreeve

Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 am

mikeplow1961 said:

Pi now sat on my desk.

RS Sales - you suck.

RS Charirman - you rock.

lol!!!

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri May 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Exactly the same way I dealt with my Acorn Atom not turning up over 30 years ago

(Except I used the phone, not being on email at the time.)

I'm not sure if it worked in that case, since it may have turned up at home that very day. Sorry Dr Hauser

Congratulations on getting your Pi.

teh_orph

Fri May 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Wow, awesome customer service!

Tass

Fri May 04, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm the same.  Registered in about 3 min on the 29th, received the email asking me to update my details, which I did.  Haven't received anything yet.  Based on the order numbers in some other threads it looks like at least 3000 have been ordered now, so it looks like time's running out for the 1st batch.  End of May I suppose....

zedin

Fri May 04, 2012 4:40 pm

I am in the same boat..  I got the email saying I was in the 'first batch' but then found out they miscalculated the first batch since they only got 700 initially.  Now I see folks getting emails to order but still have heard nothing from RS.  And since they have zero contact information to get stuff clarified or checked there is no recourse.  Any update from RS would be helpful but at this point I am not expecting much from them.

Return to “General discussion”