oztrailrider

Re: Email from Farnell

Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 am

SirLagz said:

I got the same email as well - 28/05

Out of curiosity, for the people who got the 28/05 date, is anyone in Australia ?

I'm in the 28/05 batch. I'm in Perth also. Ordered 2hrs 9mins after launch.

RaTTuS

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 pm

\o/

Progress on my order...

to quote from the email I received this morning !"We have been working on a strict first come first basis with theRaspberry Pi so I'm not sure how this could of happened.

The reason you have not received an e-mail update is because we do not
have an e-mail address on our system for you.

I have looked into the order for you at it looks as though you should
receive your order within the next few weeks."though I do have an email with their system as I got the 1st few emails but it could be a result of the death of their site ... so lets see what a few weeks turns into .,.. ;-p
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

phillymac

Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Ordered 29 Feb 2012 @ 17:54 from the UK.  Have been given a delivery date of w/c 21/5 2012.  Can accept that.  Order No 164815xx

GoSensGo

Tue May 01, 2012 4:22 am

Has anyone in Canada got an email from Newark/Element14 with a ship date?  My order is still flagged as shipping in August.

I ordered from them the morning of Feb 29 and have yet to receive an email from them regarding my order.

Grats to everyone else who have received the update email.

SirLagz

Tue May 01, 2012 4:46 am

pandapi said:

Tanis said:

SirLagz said:

I got the same email as well - 28/05

Out of curiosity, for the people who got the 28/05 date, is anyone in Australia ?

I got 28/05 too and I'm in Perth. I ordered before some of the people getting 7/05 dates so it's probably going by country?

I'm not saying this is what is happening, or that its fair if it is but:

if the existing Pis are physically in the UK then it makes sense to ship them to the UK or EU. By the time said Pis have got to Australia and shipped out the delivery date might not be much different to receiving one from a later batch that was sent direct to the Aus distributors.

That's what I thought too after seeing that other people have the same date on their emails.

Oh well. At least it wasn't the months that I thought it'd be lol.
My Blog - http://www.sirlagz.net
Visit my blog for Tips, Tricks, Guides and More !
WiFi Issues ? Have a look at this post ! http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=44044

semtex

Tue May 01, 2012 6:17 am

GoSensGo said:

Has anyone in Canada got an email from Newark/Element14 with a ship date?  My order is still flagged as shipping in August.

I ordered from them the morning of Feb 29 and have yet to receive an email from them regarding my order.

I'm in Canada and ordered at 8:10am on Feb 29 from Farnell Export (#1645449x). I also have heard nothing, yet others who ordered after me will get their order next week. I'm pleased for them, but disappointed that the delivery from Farnell/Newark/E14 is clearly not first come, first served.

ADAMPOKE111

Tue May 01, 2012 6:28 am

Well it"s alright for you lot but think of the millions people that wont get one! Probably not even until september!

So if this is a topic to brag about who"s getting one I suggest you stop. >:-(

RaTTuS

Tue May 01, 2012 8:51 am

semtex said:

GoSensGo said:

I'm in Canada and ordered at 8:10am on Feb 29 from Farnell Export (#1645449x). I also have heard nothing, yet others who ordered after me will get their order next week. I'm pleased for them, but disappointed that the delivery from Farnell/Newark/E14 is clearly not first come, first served.

I would email them and ask what is happening - only way to be sure

Covfefe

semtex

Tue May 01, 2012 9:22 am

RaTTus said:

I would email them and ask what is happening - only way to be sure

Already did 2 days ago. No reply. I don"t want to pester them too much. There are probably 100,000 other people doing the same thing

RaTTuS

Tue May 01, 2012 10:07 am

I sent them an email with my Customer number & order number and got a reply within an hour.

let me see if I can find the contact details

support@farnell.com is where it came back from - and I had good communication's with that one

Covfefe

thelini

Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 am

SN said:

great parenting…not! – Clearly doesn't give a damn about anyone else on the vehicle.. grrr….

It's so easy to say things like that, I know I've done so myself and still do, but I have a lovely little boy called Billy who is autistic.. When he has a "Meltdown" it 's impossible to stop it, and you have to just let him run through with it..  Its so embarrassing when out in public, but the worst thing you can do is try to console him.. It's like pouring petrol on a fire.. (Although I do suspect that that was just one very naughty little boy)

In a case like that I would have probably got off the bus and waited for the next one.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand..

I can't wait for my pi, which is currently on BACK ORDER status at Element 14, scheduled for a delivery week commencing 7th may.  I have my keyboard, mouse, power supply and SD card already and waiting.

Would like to see some official info from XBMC or OPENELEC some time soon..

pandapi

Tue May 01, 2012 10:59 am

thelini said:

SN said:

great parenting…not! – Clearly doesn"t give a damn about anyone else on the vehicle.. grrr….

It"s so easy to say things like that, I know I"ve done so myself and still do, but I have a lovely little boy called Billy who is autistic.. When he has a "Meltdown" it "s impossible to stop it, and you have to just let him run through with it..  Its so embarrassing when out in public, but the worst thing you can do is try to console him.. It"s like pouring petrol on a fire.. (Although I do suspect that that was just one very naughty little boy)

In a case like that I would have probably got off the bus and waited for the next one.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand..

I can"t wait for my pi, which is currently on BACK ORDER status at Element 14, scheduled for a delivery week commencing 7th may.  I have my keyboard, mouse, power supply and SD card already and waiting.

Would like to see some official info from XBMC or OPENELEC some time soon..

not sure what you mean by official but there are 2 blog posts on the openelec website about getting it onto a Pi and also a fairly lengthy thread on this forum that the openelec people are responding to.

thelini

Tue May 01, 2012 11:08 am

Sorry..

I meant official build SD card images..

I'll have a look through the forums later tonight, work commitments over the last few weeks mean that I am little out of sync with what is going on, although what little I have read, i have to say that its most encouraging to hear what the people who already have theirs are doing with them, it can only get better when more get out there..

Really excited about this, its certainly more exciting then when I went out and bought my first pc all those years ago.

zag

Tue May 01, 2012 11:12 am

Ordered 8:30am on release day

Order number: 164564xx

Still no contact and says "Back order"

I just emailed the support address asking how come some people with later order numbers have jumped the queue?
Unofficial Raspberry Pi Forums - www.raspberrypiforums.com

lworbey

Tue May 01, 2012 2:10 pm

I ordered at 8:38 on launch day and hadn"t heard anything so I emailed Farnell.

Shortly after I got an email with a delivery estimate of Week Commencing 4th June and then an email about a minute later saying I should get it next week as I ordered early on.

Very confusing and I still don"t know which to believe…

aszu

Tue May 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Farnell have just taken money from my credit card – £29.46 to be specific! My order is now in 'Processing' state.

Previously I have got an email that my Pi will be delivered in the week commencing 07/05/2012. I ordered at 08:35 on the release day (29/02).

Fingers crossed!

pandapi

Tue May 01, 2012 2:44 pm

aszu said:

Farnell have just taken money from my credit card – £29.46 to be specific! My order is now in 'Processing' state.

Previously I have got an email that my Pi will be delivered in the week commencing 07/05/2012. I ordered at 08:35 on the release day (29/02).

Fingers crossed!

My order says processing but if i click on it it still says the Pi is on "Back order". I was 07/05 too.

Did you get an email saying they had taken payment?

aszu

Tue May 01, 2012 3:06 pm

pandapi said:

My order says processing but if i click on it it still says the Pi is on "Back order". I was 07/05 too.

No email yet, however when I click on the order it says 'Processing', not 'Back order' any more. I think it is a good sign.

chickey

Tue May 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Mine has been processing for a while now, also they've got incorrect card details for me as i lost my old card   I've just rang and he's said that it doesn't matter as before they take any payment they will contact me.  The guys seemed to say this would be done if they had correct card details or not which is strange and surely a lot of extra work ?

pandapi

Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 pm

aszu said:

pandapi said:

No email yet, however when I click on the order it says 'Processing', not 'Back order' any more. I think it is a good sign.

Mine has moved to "processing" some time in the last hour.

They must be working through the orders as i was a couple of hours after you.

semtex

Tue May 01, 2012 5:14 pm

semtex said:

I need to retract my comment above. I never got an "official" email but I had an open support call with Farnell Export and they emailed me to say that my Raspberry Pi would ship TODAY

Sure enough, the details of my order have changed from "Back Ordered" to "Processing". So I can expect delivery w/c 7th May.... which means that they are doing their very best to follow a first come, first served process. Bravo Farnell.

nickorossa

Tue May 01, 2012 7:55 pm

chickey said:

Mine has been processing for a while now, also they've got incorrect card details for me as i lost my old card   I've just rang and he's said that it doesn't matter as before they take any payment they will contact me.  The guys seemed to say this would be done if they had correct card details or not which is strange and surely a lot of extra work ?

I asked CPC (part of Farnell) the same thing. Apparently they need to take details of a CC before they will put a back order in the system. When your order is able to be processed they will contact you for actual payment. They couldn't answer why that was necessary for existing customers who had a purchase history with them.

aszu

Wed May 02, 2012 10:54 am

I have just received "Your Order has been shipped" email from Farnell

Hurrah!

GoatBeat

Wed May 02, 2012 10:58 am

aszu said:

I have just received "Your Order has been shipped" email from Farnell

Hurrah!

same here! normally farnell is next day, so hopefully mine will turn up tomorrow..

mooman1000

Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 am

Yep same here , online order still shows as processing hopefully will get a tracking number or do they use royal mail?  Now to get the missus to stay in all tomorrow waiting for it :0

Return to “General discussion”