TotalBalance

Any issues - Logitech Logitech Wireless Touch KB K400r?

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:46 am

I've got a Logitech wireless touchpad and just wondering if anyone has experience with using it with an RPi?
Being a newbie to RPi I'm sorry if this is a "simple" question I should already know.

I'm hoping it's as simple as just plugging in the the Unifying USB receiver and pairing it up. Perhaps the real question should have been can an RPi use a Unifying USB receiver? As it can manage up to 6 bluetooth devices that would open up a few more possibilities.

Thanks in advance!

Ik0adr

Re: Any issues - Logitech Logitech Wireless Touch KB K400r?

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:42 am

I use it with raspbmp distro without any issue.

TotalBalance

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks Ik0adr for the reply. When my new RPi arrives I'll give it a try :)

ezeze5000

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:39 pm

I'm using a Logitech K400r KB right now to post this.
I haven't had any problems so far.
I just plugged it in and booted, it works fine.
I'm running Squeezed Arm Puppy Linux for OS.

TotalBalance

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:52 am

Awesome ezeze5000! Thanks for the feedback :D

heathsmith

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:00 pm

I've been using one for a good month or so and LOVE it...just love it. I googled quite a bit on it before I bought it and some people apparently have issues if it was first used on a windows computer.

I took it straight out of the box and plugged it in. The only issue I had was if I switched from a regular USB keyboard to the wireless, then it'd sometimes randomly switch to UK keys (the darn "@" moves). An additional reboot would fix the problem....but haven't seen the problem since I stopped swapping keyboards.

Did I say I LOVE the keyboard?

bqllpd

Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:50 am

The only issue I'm having with the Logitech k400r is that the apostrophe key doesn't work correctly. If I try to use the apostrophe key in a form (Google, Yahoo! etc.,) it doesn't show up, but accents certain letters. In the terminal or in the address bar, pushing the key twice produces an apostrophe but accents after only one press. How can I get the apostrophe to work after only one press? I can't get any useful answers from these forums, so can someone please just post the correct settings in raspi-config for the US layout that will actually work for the k400r?

miloseed

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:59 pm

I went and bought it from staples, turned on the pi and then plugged it in without having to load any drivers or anything and im using it now touchpad and everything

Muskoka1

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:00 am

Just bought one today after reading the positive responses here, no issues at all. Plug the wireless dongle in, and it worked right out of the box.

meetmagdalene

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:32 am

Can I ask what version of NOOBs you all are using? I just got this keyboard and I'm trying to install Raspbian using NOOBs v1.3.10 (currently the latest version) and it is not working.

Paired it on my Mac just to make sure it's working but when I connect it to my B+ I get to the first install page and can't do anything because the keyboard/mouse do not work. :C

Mrmark52

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:48 pm

To meetmagdeline and future readers of this thread -

I bought a factory surpluses K400r - it does work on my new Pi+ with Noobs.

When I received it, I pre "paired" it on a windows machine, then moved it over to the Pi.

My only issue so far has been the "@" key (shift 2) gives me """ . Aus entering " gives me @ so those keys are shifted.

Point is, the K400r works without issue, and may or may not have a key assignment issue depending on if you attempt a pre "pairing " on a windows machine before using in your Pi.

I will report back when I figure out how to correct this. I also bought two K400r's when I bought, and will try the other keyboard without the intermediate windows pairing (it should already be paired out of the box).

DougieLawson

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:08 pm

If AT (@) and QUOTE (") are swapped then you've got a US keyboard with a UK keyboard mapping (the Pi is made in Wales and defaults to everything being the UK layout).
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Mrmark52

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:28 pm

Thanks Dougie! And you are correct best that I can tell. But now how to change it (the following information is for us novices here - YMMV http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/posti ... 46&t=51194# ) -

(Note, I have not tried this yet, but am retyping from another site - will edit if I find it's incorrect) -

First, SSH into your Pi (SSH 192.xxx.yyy.zzz)

at the prompt, type "sudo raspi-config"

you should then see a screen full of Optional choices - select "configure_keyboard"

you should then see a keyboard configuration screen - select "Logitech Generic Keyboard"

You should then see a listing of "English (UK)" keyboards, ending with "Others" - pick "Others"

You should then see the Option to select "English (US) - pick it

Then finally, make the selection for the type of US layout keyboard you want. The example I am looking at shos to pick the first one "English (US)".

Click OK and I would guess that exits you back to the top configuration menu.

This change may be immediate, or may require a reboot of the Pi (I suspect a reboot will be required).

Mrmark52

Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:40 am

Ok - update to the sequnce of steps above -

I bought my Pi with preloaded NOOB's. On first boot, I installed RaspBMC and I believe Rasp Debian. So, whenever I booted the Pi, I had two options to boot to, with RaspBMC being the first option.

My from my post above assumed the "sudo respberry-config" could be run from a Telnet session to the Pi. Well, that won't work.

So, I took a chance and rebooted to the Rasp Debian option where my screen filled with process commands as though it was going through a first time load of an OS. In the end, I had a blinking curser behind a RasperryPi directory arrow - something I had seen before in all the reading I have done. So there, I typed in the sudo Raspberry.config command as indicated above, and viola - I was at a configuration screen. Using my keyboard, I dropped down to configuration settings, pressed enter, and continued drilling down until I reached the topic for changing a Logitech keyboard to US (it was set to GB).
Now, one thing that took awhile to figure out was how to actually select the last item. Once I picked the US keyboard, I pressed tab to get to highlight the <Ok>, then pressed enter. That made the selection of a US keyboard available along with the list of GB keyboards. Scrolling to the US option, then tab key to highlight <Ok> at the bottom of the screen, sets the keyboard mapping and returns you to the top page of settings. I believe Ctrl X got me out of the Raspberry.config and back to a system prompt. From there I rebooted, where I had to be sure and select RaspBMC to insure I was back into the interface I was more accustomed to.

Hopefully these instructions by a novice for a novice will help others on the learning path.

thenrie

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Not to resurrect an old thread, but just thought I'd ad a useful note to it:

Make sure you adjust your keyboard layout, as indicated above, BEFORE you reset your password. If you set your password first and use characters in your password other than letters and numbers, you may not be able to login after adjusting the password.

Ask me how I know.

TH

wh7qq

Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:12 pm

To pair Logitech unifying receiver to K400 or other Logitech wireless device that uses it directly from the RPi:

From https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1459
solaar has an official PPA. Add the PPA like this:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:daniel.pavel/solaar
sudo apt-get update

Now install Solaar:

sudo apt-get install solaar

The Solaar application can be run from the command line or as a desktop application. You'll find it in the Accessories menu.
Solaar works fine from the RPi/Raspbian as does the K400

Edit: This can probably be downloaded directly from the Raspbian repos as the link above is a bit old...simply

Code: Select all

sudo apt install solaar
Last edited by wh7qq on Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General discussion”