symes
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:17 am

Re: latest registration time with an RS authorisation code?

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:45 pm

I've been watching the development of this project since it first hit the 'geek' sites and like many thousands of you I was up early on the 29th Feb 2012!

I got the RPorg static page within a second or three; as soon as it went live.

Once scanned I clicked the Farnell link and actually got as far as the order page, but couldn't get the 'basket' to work... I then tried the RS link and registered there, I know that I must have registered with RS in the first few minutes after 0600hrs - I'd be surprised if it was after 0605hrs, but I haven't had an 'authorisation code' email...  Farnell are at least indicating the time at which their registration/orders were made, but RS haven't which makes me curious.

So the question is, to all those lucky people who will get a '10K Pi' (i.e. have received an 'authorisation code email') - what was the latest time you registered on the RS web site?

User avatar
Tass
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:15 am

Re: latest registration time with an RS authorisation code?

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:34 am

I think anyone *with* an with code us too busy celebrating to reply to this thread

I always thought that my registration was around 06:03 with RS, but am wondering if I"m wrong there now. I suppose it also depends what we all see as the time we registered - when we clicked register, when we got into the registration page, when we saw an official "thank you for registering" page or when we got the confirmation email. I knower my confirmation email only arrived on the 1st March.

It"ll also be interesting to know how everyone fits into the 1st and 2nd batch of RS invitation to update details. I didn"t get one in the 1st batch, but got one a week later in the 2nd batch.

When it comes down to it, there were obviously an INSANE amount of registrations in the first few seconds or minutes but not everyone can make the cut.

This does at least pass the time until I get my auth code!

mburns02
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: latest registration time with an RS authorisation code?

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:38 am

I've been one of the lucky ones who got the email

To be honest I cannot remember the exact time I did register, but I do remember that I did visit the RS site before I visited the Farnell site, so at a guess I would say approximately 6.02am, but I cannot be sure as I do not have any emails etc.

Michael

symes
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:17 am

Re: latest registration time with an RS authorisation code?

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Tass said:


I think anyone *with* an with code us too busy celebrating to reply to this thread

I always thought that my registration was around 06:03 with RS, but am wondering if I"m wrong there now. I suppose it also depends what we all see as the time we registered - when we clicked register, when we got into the registration page, when we saw an official "thank you for registering" page or when we got the confirmation email. I knower my confirmation email only arrived on the 1st March.

It"ll also be interesting to know how everyone fits into the 1st and 2nd batch of RS invitation to update details. I didn"t get one in the 1st batch, but got one a week later in the 2nd batch.

When it comes down to it, there were obviously an INSANE amount of registrations in the first few seconds or minutes but not everyone can make the cut.

This does at least pass the time until I get my auth code!

Thanks Tass - I haven't even had the invite to update details (unless I missed it along the line), I would hope that it doesn't matter (for you) that you were in either of the RS update detail batches I doubt that they would have sent them to anyone outside the number of their first allocation - but the codes might only be going to the first 1000 at the moment (as there are only 2000 modified RPi in the UK??) so you might get a code once the other repaired 8000 hit the shore!

Unfortunately it looks like the first 5k(?) registrations were made by about 0603hrs then... oh well, at least I'll have something to do after the Olympics!


User avatar
Tass
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:15 am

Re: latest registration time with an RS authorisation code?

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:53 pm

symes said:

Thanks Tass - I haven't even had the invite to update details (unless I missed it along the line)...
And I presume you've checked your spam - that's where my emails were!

symes
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:17 am

Re: latest registration time with an RS authorisation code?

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:55 pm

mburns02 said:

I've been one of the lucky ones who got the email

To be honest I cannot remember the exact time I did register, but I do remember that I did visit the RS site before I visited the Farnell site, so at a guess I would say approximately 6.02am, but I cannot be sure as I do not have any emails etc.

Michael


Thanks Micheal - congratulations on being one of the first 10K!!!  I went to Farnell first on the basis I have an account there already - and at least I did get to the product page, just couldn't add to my 'basket'.  That obviously held me up enough to miss the 'golden minutes' on the RS site!

Enjoy your Pi when it arrives


symes
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:17 am

Re: latest registration time with an RS authorisation code?

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Tass said:


symes said:


Thanks Tass - I haven't even had the invite to update details (unless I missed it along the line)...


And I presume you've checked your spam - that's where my emails were!



I have checked my own spam folders, but maybe I should look through those on my server and my ISP too..... now, if I could leave work a little earlier...

pandapi
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:58 am

Re: latest registration time with an RS authorisation code?

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Well, the figures i've read are 700 registrations per second early on.

So, lets just assume that 600 out of every 700 went to farnell first. Thats 100 to RS every second.

So, with 5000 PIs, or thereabouts, you would have needed to be in or pretty close to the first minute

Return to “General discussion”