krizzo

Re: HDMI port type?

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:18 pm

This is driving me crazy I've searched on the form, the wiki the FAQ's and even watched the videos which seemed to give a clearer idea of the HDMI port type. I just was wondering if it was the standard Type A (large size) or if it was a Type C port? Could someone clarify that is is indeed a Type A that would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Kyle

Lynbarn

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:33 pm

krizzo said:

This is driving me crazy I've searched on the form, the wiki the FAQ's and even watched the videos which seemed to give a clearer idea of the HDMI port type. I just was wondering if it was the standard Type A (large size) or if it was a Type C port? Could someone clarify that is is indeed a Type A that would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Kyle

Yes, it is the standard HDMI port

geeus

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:35 pm

From my understanding and looking at plenty of pictures of the device I believe that it is an A type HDMI. also due to the fact of the foundations ideal of compatibility with existing hardware.

regards Gee
Gee The Rabid Inventor :)

krizzo

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Thanks for the replies, I figured it was the standard type A but type C was developed for small profile devices and I didn't know if they went with that. The size difference between A and C is not enough to tell from the pictures and videos. Guess I need to get a normal HDMI cable when mine arrives.

Kyle

Return to “General discussion”