castleromeo

Teamviewer on Pi???

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Yes,
I am thinking of installing Teamviewer Linux on my Raspberry Pi which will be running Red Sleeve Linux. Red Sleeve is a Fedora variant.

Has anyone had any success with the .deb or .rpm Teamviewer installers???

Spid

Re: Teamviewer on Pi???

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:22 pm

I will always assume you are running Raspbian for desktop and Raspbmc for XMBC !

castleromeo

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:28 pm

I wonder if the Teamviewer 7.0.9366 tarball will work......It's still available for download on Teamviewer's website.

I could use Google Chrome's Remote Desktop plugin.....
There is a version of Chrome (or Chromium) that is ARM compatible.

Spid

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:31 pm

castleromeo wrote:I wonder if the Teamviewer 7.0.9366 tarball will work......It's still available for download on Teamviewer's website.

I could use Google Chrome's Remote Desktop plugin.....
There is a version of Chrome (or Chromium) that is ARM compatible.
Chromium Browser version 22 is in the repository.

Regards Teamviwer the versions are for Intel x86 not the Pi's ARMv6 architecture http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/dyngate.aspx
I will always assume you are running Raspbian for desktop and Raspbmc for XMBC !

ghans

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:02 pm

Why don't you use Remmina or a one of the servers in the repo ?
You are only making things more difficult.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

castleromeo

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:09 pm

I've never had much luck with VNC clients, Remmina is new to me. Teamviewer is the most user-friendly remote desktop clients I know of.

I did drop the folks at Teamviewer an email asking them if there are plans for an ARM-compatible version. The answer I got was hopeful. They said that they will give it serious thought.

Perhaps version 9 of Teamviewer will be ARM-compatible.........

Spid

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Agree about Remmina, very easy to use: http://remmina.sourceforge.net/screenshots.shtml

rr4v

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:06 pm

I am also specially interested in using Teamviewer on Pi. For me the main advantage of Teamviewer is that the service is not blocked by firewalls or proxy in my work LAN. I am planning to connect the Raspberry Pi to my work LAN and I would like to remote control it from home. To my knowledge I can not do that using VNC or Remina or any other similar software because I can not redirect ports (or other tricks like this) on the router in my work. Any suggestion?

ghans

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Is HTTPS (Port 443) filtered ? You could try starting VNC
at that port.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

cleverca22

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:30 pm

the only working arm version of teamviewer that ive seen, is the android build's, but android itself is uber-slow on the pi right now, your better off finding out whats wrong with vnc (and optionaly tunneling vnc thru openvpn, if you want to bypass more firewalls and make it more secure)

rr4v

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:41 pm

OK, I will try VNC agin, waiting for a teamviewer version. But, how could I find the IP address from outside my work LAN? In fact, one of the best advantages of teamviewer is that I don't have to worry about IPs or open ports.

cleverca22

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:42 pm

www.whatismyip.com

as for forwarding ports, it helps to know that vnc has 2 modes, either end can act as a server

if you run 'vncviewer -listen' at the client side, and forward port 5500 to it, the server can connect back, so the server ip/firewall dont matter

i use that mode when the person i'm helping cant figure things out, but not entirely sure how to connect back from the linux server

teeth_03

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:32 pm

I use team viewer for work, and it would be awesome to be able to make cheap thin clients for remote support!

I guess I need to drop them a line too.

iscroman

Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:28 am

Hi.

I received my Pi a few days ago, I set up NOOBs and Raspbian and I followed the instructions of this topic: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 76&t=48364

It's worked perfectly for me. Now I can locally use SSH and RDP or I can connect to my Pi via RDP even if I'm connected outside my network.

Regards.

NicoVanDerDussen

Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:09 am

Hi,

I have maybe some unique problems :)

The ISP I'm using in South Africa (iBurst) uses a proxy system.

The IP I'm getting with IPLookup is that of the proxy server and not my router :(

What I like about TeamViewer is the "autodiscovery" aspect. I don't have to worry about IP numbers and all that.

Is there a way to get to my Raspberry Pi without IP Number worries?

Thanks

Nico
Setting up your Raspberry Pi to work with a 3G dongle http://nvdd.info/11gKrsZ

ghans

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:52 am

I guess you need to use something like PageKite/ Localtunnel
then.
A quick google for "PageKite Raspberry Pi" already points to some
tutorials.

ghans

PatrickDickey

Sun May 11, 2014 9:22 am

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/363-H ... aspx#other it sounds like you can just download the .tar.gz file and run it, assuming that you have the necessary libraries. And you can run the tv-setup --checklibs to find out what libraries are missing.

I'm interested in this also, as it will make my entire network controllable from outside.

ghans

Sun May 11, 2014 9:44 am

Rizwan

Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:41 pm

hey every body whoever developed this code for motion detection, my humble request to all those out there, can you modify this code so that video in background keeps running and when intruder is detected it makes picture and displays for 10 seconds and a led should on to indicate intrusion.
I have tried a lot and failed every time.
I am waiting if someone could help me out.
It will great for me.

Armmaster

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Rizwan, may be this solution how to run Teamviewer on rpi will be helpfull for you:
viewtopic.php?p=823789#p823789

ahmedawad

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:25 am

I use teamviewer on my Pi 3 , please have a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=156991

regards

Return to “General discussion”