drokkeh

Re: Post your estimated arrival dates

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Estimate arrival -14/05/2012

Back of the queue lol.  At least the early adopters can advise on the Best SDcards, wifi keyboards, and maybe the Linux build will be tweeked by then....hell there might even be  a case for it then

Patiently waiting and I'm excited for everyone that will get thier's sooner.

scarfy

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Estimate arrival for my Rpi (from farnell.com) 23/04/2012

And I hope the case from this discussion will be available until then (http://www.raspberrypi.org/for.....for-a-case)

brandonduda

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:10 am

Element 14 says its to ship out May 14th..

But for $35 total, I'll be happy!

(they have somewhere on their site stating that there are no shipping charges for domestic orders, and didn't charge me it.  So I'm guessing the have a US branch?)

2+1=1+2

johnbeetem

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:01 am

I registered interest in USA at element14 / Newark (USA version of Farnell) on Day 1.  I got a "Raspberry Pi Update" e-mail last night (Saturday) and placed my order today (Sunday).  The order form said it was expected to ship April 3rd.

I just got confirmation e-mail that it's to be May 14th, like brandonduda.  I don't know what the shipping changes are, but they do say they'll ship UPS 2nd Day Air for the Ground rate.  Do you call it the Earth rate in the UK?

RaTTuS

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:09 am

W/C 16/04/2012

Date of order 08:20:31 29/02/2012

that is April and Feb dates for our american friends
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

XAPBob

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:43 am

7:53 order at Farnell -> w/c 12th March EDD.

Also got in a registration with RS - deciding whether to purchase for a friends kid, or to let it slip for someone else...

teh_orph

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:57 am

16th April, got up at 5.45 and finally managed to order it by ~11am!
I do have an email in my inbox from RS...I wonder if I should go with them instead?

By the way - did anyone else get (from Farnell) "not a valid export country" when UK delivery was selected? I was like WTF?!!

Judicator

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 am

Casalor said:

Judicator said:

Where do I need to look for an estimated arrival date?

I got an email from Farnell that had an order confirmation attached as a PDF file. This had a delivery estimate on the order line.

Many thanks.

I"m starting to get tired about this. I"ve placed my order at 7.06 GMT+1 (6.06GMT), got confirmation and still I"ve got no mail with estimated arrival date. Man this really sucks.

I wrote"em a couple of mails: in the first, dated 29/02/2012, I asked if I made It to order one SoC from the first stock, they replied "The product will be available by the half of march, You can preorder It by filling the form at this link."

What??? It seems they didn"t understand what I asked for: I HAVE placed the order, I HAVE received the confirmation, do You Farnell guys just read the mails? And there"s no translation problems here, We do live in the same Country.

I wrote them again on 01/03/2012, still I got no answer, now I read guys from all over the world are getting arrival dates and still they can"t tell me a date. The only explanation is Farnell Italia sales and post sales really leave to desire.

I'm thinking to cancel the order, I feel like they don't care about customers, I managed to be among the firsts in the world to place an order to get my RasPI soon.

TheCrazyInventor

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 am

Well, that's a bit odd. I (and many other people) got 4 emails from farnell after ordering. 3 of those 4 emails all contain the same estimated delivery date.
"Anything that can possibly go wrong, does" -M

Casalor

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:00 am

I've just rang Farnell to query the shipping date and have been told thats its more likely (although not certain) that it'll be the end of April even though I'd gotten the order in fairly early (8:03 am).

Quite a jump from 12th March to the end of the following month.

Nexy

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:23 am

Judicator said:

I"m starting to get tired about this. I"ve placed my order at 7.06 GMT+1 (6.06GMT), got confirmation and still I"ve got no mail with estimated arrival date. Man this really sucks.

I wrote"em a couple of mails: in the first, dated 29/02/2012, I asked if I made It to order one SoC from the first stock, they replied "The product will be available by the half of march, You can preorder It by filling the form at this link."

What??? It seems they didn"t understand what I asked for: I HAVE placed the order, I HAVE received the confirmation, do You Farnell guys just read the mails? And there"s no translation problems here, We do live in the same Country.

I wrote them again on 01/03/2012, still I got no answer, now I read guys from all over the world are getting arrival dates and still they can"t tell me a date. The only explanation is Farnell Italia sales and post sales really leave to desire.

Did you order from Farnell UK or Italia?

(I'm guessing you are using Italia and you're translating? You get the message across which is the main thing, but a few minor changes would make your post a lot easier to read.

You're using speech marks (") instead of apostrophes (').

In English, we mainly use capitalisation for names like Judicator or Farnell, and after full stops (.) By putting them in the wrong places, it breaks up the sentence and makes it more difficult to read.

Your last sentence doesn't make sense. I think you mean "The only explanation is Farnell Italia sales and post sales really leaves to a lot to be desired." That would mean that you wish they were a lot better.)

Tass

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:25 am

Casalor said:

I've just rang Farnell to query the shipping date and have been told thats its more likely (although not certain) that it'll be the end of April even though I'd gotten the order in fairly early (8:03 am).

Now that's just depressing - I high hopes for my "12th March" confirmation that hadn't been pushed back.  Oh well.  Pi will come when Pi is ready.

sorinm

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:27 am

I`m afraid to call them now, I hope they won`t push back my delivery date. )

Casalor

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 am

Tass said:

Casalor said:

Now that's just depressing - I high hopes for my "12th March" confirmation that hadn't been pushed back.  Oh well.  Pi will come when Pi is ready.

Agreed. It'll arrive when it's ready. The nice helpful lady also said that they would be despatched in the order that orders were placed (if that makes sense).

I've just spoken to a colleague who pre-ordered his over the weekend - with Farnell - and had been given a 30 day estimate and a free T-shirt. He's taken the delivery estimate with a pinch of salt.

alexjj

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 am

Farnell - w/c 23rd April. I was online at 6am and clicking buy but the site crashed. Ordered later in the day when it would finally work for me. Missing out on the Raspberry Pi T-shirt though...

If I hear from RS this week (although I thought emails were going to be Sunday) then might order from them and cancel Farnell.

Reider

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Mine is 14th May and I forgot to enter the details for the free T shirt  What I really fail to understand though is why they`re taking so long.  I wanted a San Francisco II Android phone for Christmas, only released end of November.  They went out of stock 3 times before I managed to order.  I finally got one on 23rd December and very pleased with it.

This Raspberry Pi though seems a little slow to produce with so long a delivery time.  It has less components than my phone and takes a lot longer to manufacture, test and ship out.  The funds are there, interest is high but won`t last forever.  Better to ship them out and build on the knowledge and interest people show in them, keep the fires burning and produce bigger numbers, more choices.

Steve

Casalor

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Double post

Judicator

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Nexy said:

Database Error

Error establishing a database connection

Thanks for the lesson, now I can live happy.

I did order clicking the link in the RasPI page and slected italian, so I think I've gone with the italian one.

When I edit posts the forum changes ' in ".

Tass

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:41 pm

Judicator said:

When I edit posts the forum changes ' in ".

You're right - the edit process (as well as the Quote process) quite often changes ' to " - I often have to go back through the post while editing and change it all back to ' before I post.

Maybe the new forum (launched later this week?) will resolve this

ayster

Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Ordered on 01/03/2012 @ 15:44 expected delivery date 23/04/2012 ordered from Farnell UK.

Method

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Haven't been able to order mine. I've REGISTERED MY INTEREST about 5 times. Any idea when the next batch is going to get online?

Toby Stokes

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Mine arrives wc 16/4/12

@Method. There is no next batch. They've gone to rolling production. They'll be emailing you all when the initial storm has cleared a bit.

GrahamC

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 am

Week commencing 30/04/2012

No too bad considering I waited until Saturday evening before ordering.

Eros

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:34 am

I ordered in Canada with canada.newark.com and my estimated delivery date went from May 10th 2012... to April 3rd 2012...

Needless to say im rather happy about that and i'll be even happier when i get it in my possession!!

riggsre

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:43 am

Expected to SHIP Apr 3. Newark tickled my cc account today (Mar 4) so something is happening.

Return to “General discussion”