TheEponymousBob

Re: Rationale behind missing connectors? [RESOLVED]

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Woohoo! More stuff I haven"t a clue about but look forward to meddling with!

\o/

Michael

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Excellent news, Gert!  Is this a result of distribution manufacturing, or just a coincidence?

arm2

Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:35 am

Abishur said:

arm2 said:

Eeeckkk Having read in more than one Admin posting/tweet that they weren't going to be fitted. I'll now have to rely on the being shorter than the Ethernet socket.

but… that's what I said?

I should have said "Enough shorter" i.e. 1mm shorter wouldn't be enough

Also I should have said "I thought" Admin posting/tweets.. said not fitted! They must have been talking about JTAG & GPIO pins, only.

So if anyone with a beta board or a production board could measure the height above the board of the DSI and CSI sockets I'd really appreciate it.

Gert van Loo

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:29 am

So if anyone with a beta board or a production board could measure the height above the board of the DSI and CSI sockets I'd really appreciate it.

Your wish is our command: About, around,  roughly, approximately, plus/minus 5.5 mm +/- 0.2mm.

What I want to know is the type and how to connect to it so I can start some camera adapter boards.

meltwater

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:37 am

Great news about the connectors!

I would expect cornering JamesH would help you on that front!  I'm sure he has a spare nokia module...lol

My new book: goo.gl/dmVtsc

Meltwater's Pi Hardware - pihardware.com

Like the MagPi? @TheMagP1 @TheMagPiTeam

Gert van Loo

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:40 am

Michael said:

Excellent news, Gert!  Is this a result of distribution manufacturing, or just a coincidence?

Hi Michael,

thank you for asking because this allows me to make a correction.

There seems to be the preconception that I know all about the production. I don't.  I know nothing at all, whatsoever.

Because Eben and I work in the same building I sometimes get an answer quickly and type it out for you guys. At the same time I try not to bother him too much because he is very, very, very busy doing a day time job and running a foundation at the same time. (Did I say very, I mean extremely.)

So the answer to your question above is: I have no idea.

arm2

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Gert said:

Your wish is our command: About, around,  roughly, approximately, plus/minus 5.5 mm +/- 0.2mm.

What I want to know is the type and how to connect to it so I can start some camera adapter boards.

Phew it will fit... Thanks Gert

Hopefully when production boards have been measured details of the CSI &DSI connectors can be added to the Drawing linked to from Beta Boards mechanical data

Return to “General discussion”