georgekok97

Re: RS and Allied Update #6

Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:04 pm

I haven't received ANY email except from your response in the forum ....
can you do something ?
georgekok97 wrote:Vic :
i received one month ago two FAULTY pis , and i send a mail in 4th of january , and they answered me that they have passed my information onto the relevant department who will look into this and be in touch shortly with me,,, with NO answer...
*edit : i have send the raspberry pis back to RS

I resended one mail on 21 of this month and they said to me that they have send a replacement on 16 of the month......

I haven't received something yet ....
usually from UK to Greece takes 4 to 5 days ....

please read my e-mail ! from <giorgos.ko.9.7@gm*il.com> , and see the new information!
order number : 1010165685

pklong

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi

My wife ordered a Raspberry PI on the 21st from RS order number 1010237446. Dispatch was quoted as expected within a week.

My wife phoned RS yesterday however the main RS phone number cannot answer queries about the Raspberry PI and only give an email address. She emailed but has not had any reply. There is no facility to track an order on the website.

Can anyone from RS shed light on the matter?

This complete lack of customer service is totally inexcusable.

Philip

flavr

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:52 pm

I sadly have to joint the frustraded customers here. I bought from RS on July 3rd, 2012. After several delays from the original dispach date, it was shipped on Nov 15th.

Well, after the expected 21 working days to arrival, it was not delivered. I contacted RS and they asked for 10 working days to locate my shipment and come back with a status update. Which was just another deadline that was ignored by them. I didn´t get any news about my delivery.

So, after more than 6 months since the purchase, and feeling very disrespected, I asked for a refund. They aswered saying that my request was sent to the proper department.

This was 8 days ago. I don´t have any response from RS anymore. All of this seems an absurd to me. This is against basic consumer rights in any reasonable country.

I bought at RS following an indication from the foundation, so I think they also have a parcel in what is happening. They´ve choosen RS as a supplier and now claim that this forum is not the place to moan about problems with the purchase.

So, if RS don´t bother to aswer the customers, neither the foundation, who should I contact to get any help?

Grenge

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:24 pm

mareck wrote:@filthypence.

LOL. There are people like me who have waited nearly 7 months for their order from RS.
Waiting two weeks and crying about it is really sad.
@mareck, we are all on the same side here. The problem isn't that we have been waiting "only" two weeks. It is that it is a week longer than we were promised. It is that RS is not capable of answering emails. It is that when they do answer, it appears that they flat out lie. No shipping emails, no tracking numbers, alleged shipments that never turn up. Maybe if more people "cried" about it 6.5 months ago, people ordering today wouldn't be having to wait 7 months.
If RS can't deliver what they promise then they really shouldn't promise it. It is very similar in my own job. Customers order items from me and ask when it will be here. If I tell them 1 week they will be back on the expected day asking where it is. If I constantly told them 1 week and it took 7 months, I probably wouldn't have a job.
I won't be patiently waiting for 7 months simply because others have waited longer. I paid by PayPal, so if there is no progress I will be asking them for a refund, give them ample time to process it and then open a dispute in PayPal well within the 45 days from purchase I have to open one.
U
BTW, in regards to the lack of communication and false information from their customer service, I have seen similar practices from companies here in Australia. When we contact certain companies in my work, they will just give a date, maybe a week in the hopes that the goods will arrive in that time and they won't have to deal with us any more. When that time goes over, we contact them again and get a different person (which is in the interests of person #1 because they don't have to deal with us) and they will tell us the actual due date which may be 6 weeks away and they have no idea why person #1 would have told us 1 week.
This may not be true for RS, but what this lack of customer service sounds like is that they may be telling people it has been dispatched to get them off their back and giving time for the actual product to magicly appear. Also maybe hoping for the same outcome if they don't get back to us at all.

Everyone remember, we are all in the same boat so we should be banding together to get factual information from RS.

And RS, maybe if you gave us the factual information in the first place, we might be more understanding and not so angry about this.

cahimira

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 am

6 months ago buy a raspberry pi with shipping to Argentina.
The package never arrived.
Can anyone help? Someone here received in Argentina?

charlesh

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:21 am

Another unhappy RS "customer"...

Order placed on 25th January for Pi, case, power supply - received order confirmation stating "delivery expected in two weeks", to date no further info from RS. Tried to email them today and got the standard "will reply within 5 days" email... Simply not good enough in todays market! If you dont have stock, dont take orders!

Placed order with "Pi Hut" on Monday for another Pi, arrived yesterday up and running nicely... :D

Wont be ordering anything again from RS! :evil:

zapper

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:23 pm

I have been waiting for my PI from 12 Dec 2012, I don't understand where is it? It's almost 3 month of waiting. I have mailed them, sent 5 mails, get one replay, they claimed that they will investigate and replay me in 10days, no answer. What's happening with RS??????

order number: 1010217518

Fitz

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:14 pm

I finally received an answer about my order made the 23/01/2013, here it is :

Good Morning,

Apologies for the delay in the response to your query. At the time of placing your order we were expecting to dispatch within 1-2 weeks, however we have been experiencing some stock issues and we are still awaiting the arrival of our next batch of Pi’s. You will receive a dispatch confirmation email when your order has been processed.

Thank you for your continued patience and apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards
Raspberry PI Team

omoser

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Just wanted to inform you guys that although I never received my order, I finally got my money back. Apparently the package could not be delivered - no comment. I ordered back in October, got a shipping notice on 12/12/12 and contacted customer service at beginning of January. it took 6 weeks to get a statement, but Vic@RS was very helpful and forwarded my concerns to customer service.

So, to sum up, it is worth to be patient and keep sending emails.

Fitz

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 am

Finally I cancelled my order from RS. They say they have stock issues and they can't say when the Raspberry is going to be sent. I don't want to wait weeks or months, like some people here, so I ordered from Farnell, I hope it will be alright now.

Daniflema

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:24 am

I hope someone from RS can help or answer me. I bought my pi on Jan 20th. RS promised dispatching in one week. I didn't qet any information of my order 1010237082. RS raspberry team doesn't answer my mails. I hope MIKE or VIC can help.

pklong

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:52 am

Perhaps MIKE or VIC can explain why RS cannot answer queries about Raspberry Pi orders over the phone. It would save an awful lot of frustration.

Philip

pklong

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:11 pm

We finally got a reply.
Good Afternoon,

At the time of placing your order we were expecting to dispatch within 1 week, however we have been experiencing some stock issues and we are currently awaiting the delivery of the next batch of Pi’s. You will receive a dispatch confirmation email when your order has been processed.

Thank you for your continued patience and apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards
Raspberry PI Team
Three days to answer a simple query. Not impressed.

To quote one week I would have expected them to be in stock. I am guessing the situation is that they don't have any stock and have no idea when more stock will arrive. If that is the case then they should not be accepting orders.

I think we will be cancelling our order and buying from elsewhere.

Philip

kimkara

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:42 pm

well my pi arrived, worked for 10 minutes and died.......
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raptor

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:58 pm

kimkara wrote:well my pi arrived, worked for 10 minutes and died.......
Does it say 'Made in China' on the board by any chance?

Vic@RS

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I have investigated the ‘1 week despatch’ message on the Pi Store in which some of you have posted about in this thread. Unfortunately, we had at this time run out of stock and there was an error in the system which had stopped the message changing instantaneously to a longer delivery lead time.
I can confirm that the last order number that we shipped before we ran out of stock was 1010236667. We have stock coming in early part of next week and so order numbers after this will start to be sequentially shipped out mid next week.

I have passed all other posts on to our Raspberry Pi customer services team who I believe have now replied to the majority of you and are working quickly to get answers to the rest of you.

Thank you and sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Vic

Raptor

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Vic@RS wrote:Hi everyone,

I have investigated the ‘1 week despatch’ message on the Pi Store in which some of you have posted about in this thread. Unfortunately, we had at this time run out of stock and there was an error in the system which had stopped the message changing instantaneously to a longer delivery lead time.
I can confirm that the last order number that we shipped before we ran out of stock was 1010236667. We have stock coming in early part of next week and so order numbers after this will start to be sequentially shipped out mid next week.

I have passed all other posts on to our Raspberry Pi customer services team who I believe have now replied to the majority of you and are working quickly to get answers to the rest of you.

Thank you and sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Vic
What about faulty replacements Vic?

FiftyPence

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:36 pm

RS you took at least 200 orders between the last Pi you dispatched and my order.

Surely some monkey in your organisation should have noticed that you were unable to meet demand and that you should immediately have notified all customers that their order was not in stock.

I feel sorry for the Pi Foundation for having chosen to do business with an utterly incompetent company such as yourselves not to mention my fellow customers who have ordered from you.

kimkara

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Raptor wrote:
indeed it does.......
RS have contacted me and ordered a replacement unit, thank you RS, my confidence has been boosted and give you guys a big thumbs up.

the old unit is to be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.

How would the forum like to see a "made in china" RPI being destroyed before giving it to my companies electronic disposal contractor for disposal ???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

tzj

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Will it blend springs to mind!
http://www.themagpi.com <---- Checkout the MagPi
(The MagPi - Co-Founder)

Raptor

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 pm

kimkara wrote:
Raptor wrote:
indeed it does.......
RS have contacted me and ordered a replacement unit, thank you RS, my confidence has been boosted and give you guys a big thumbs up.

the old unit is to be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.

How would the forum like to see a "made in china" RPI being destroyed before giving it to my companies electronic disposal contractor for disposal ???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Can I ask how you got your replacement as I am getting
no response from RS for 7 days now.

kimkara

Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 pm

ask the right people nicely.

to be honest our South African RS guys are stars, once I got them involved things just started to happen.
I suggest you bypass the raspberry complaints as they are overloaded, this little product is a high demand item.
contact your local RS complaints dept and hope they are as helpful as the guys I’ve been dealing with.(thanks guys)

next time I order more RPI's I will not use the "personal use" link but rather go with "business use" and order local instead of the UK RS.
local also gives you more protection as far as your local consumer protection laws go.
lessons learnt the hard way.

good luck

kimkara

Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:30 pm

tzj wrote:Will it blend springs to mind!
strange, ive not found a Pi being blended yet :)

Raptor

Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:39 pm

kimkara wrote:
ask the right people nicely.

to be honest our South African RS guys are stars, once I got them involved things just started to happen.
I suggest you bypass the raspberry complaints as they are overloaded, this little product is a high demand item.
contact your local RS complaints dept and hope they are as helpful as the guys I’ve been dealing with.(thanks guys)

next time I order more RPI's I will not use the "personal use" link but rather go with "business use" and order local instead of the UK RS.
local also gives you more protection as far as your local consumer protection laws go.
lessons learnt the hard way.

good luck
Oh dear, I went to RS components website, clicked on complaints
only to be told "File does not exist"

tzj

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:57 pm

kimkara wrote:
tzj wrote:Will it blend springs to mind!
strange, ive not found a Pi being blended yet :)
I haven't seen these 'virtually blended' pi's the foundation speak of either.
http://www.themagpi.com <---- Checkout the MagPi
(The MagPi - Co-Founder)

Return to “General discussion”