kimkara

Re: RS and Allied Update #6

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:55 pm

today I sent out another email to raspberry.pi@rswww.com and cc every manager and complaints department I could find in RS SA website. I got a response, yay.
apparently my pi was dispatched on the 14th Jan (no notification email sent) and could take up to 21 working days to get. Thanks to the people who at least took the time to answer. I really support what the foundation is doing here and want my kids to get involved and catch the vision the foundation has.

GlamSmile

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:31 pm

mmoller2k wrote:Can I file an order cancellation after I received a dispatch notice?
The Pis never arrived, and RS cannot tell me what happened to the parcel.
Have you tried contacting the postal service in your country? You've got the package identification number with your dispatch notice - take that number and call up your postal service / visit your local post office and ask them to find out what happened to your package. That way if it arrived in your country, they should be able to tell you where 'exactly' (usually some kind of Depot) it is or if it never left the country it was being sent from. Then you can take things from there. Hope this helps you :)

mmoller2k

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:23 am

Thanks for explaining how the postal system works. I always wondered.
The problem is that RS decided to mail the parcel without tracking. There is no tracking number and no way to track the parcel. There is no way to find out where it was last seen. It is missing. Gone. Purloined. Re-appropriated.

Vic@RS

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:23 am

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your posts. I'm pleased to hear that most of you have now received your raspberry pis and I bet you are now doing some great things with them (I would love to hear what you have created!).

For those of you who are awaiting delivery and would like a status update, please email our raspberry pi customer service team at raspberry.pi@rswww.com, with your full name and order reference number and they will be able to investigate for you.

@ Omoser, Nori0s and Scajetan- as you all have stated your reference numbers in your latest forum posts, I have passed these on to our customer services department for you, who will get back to shortly.

Thanks,

Vic

kimkara

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:55 am

thanks Vic for the help, much appreciated. now looking forward to my PI

sdjf

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Vic: Please, please check into a problem with order number 1010163538 for China from your Pi Store, by customer in China made in July. He has received no email and no pi and no replies to his inquiries about order status.

Details in following thread, I did not try to get him to repost here, due to the language problem:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 89#p262389
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

georgekok97

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Vic :
i received one month ago two FAULTY pis , and i send a mail in 4th of january , and they answered me that they have passed my information onto the relevant department who will look into this and be in touch shortly with me,,, with NO answer...
*edit : i have send the raspberry pis back to RS

I resended one mail on 21 of this month and they said to me that they have send a replacement on 16 of the month......

I haven't received something yet ....
usually from UK to Greece takes 4 to 5 days ....

please read my e-mail ! from <giorgos.ko.9.7@gmail.com> , and see the new information!
order number : 1010165685

sonomadiver

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Update: I ordered my RPi from Allied on 21 January. They just told me there's a four week lead time for getting an RPi.

- Larry

omoser

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:55 am

Vic@RS wrote: @ Omoser, Nori0s and Scajetan- as you all have stated your reference numbers in your latest forum posts, I have passed these on to our customer services department for you, who will get back to shortly.
Hello Vic, thanks for your help. However, I still did not receive any feedback from customer service. Moreover, no email that I sent since 08th of Jan was answered. I am really trying to be patient, but it's more than 3 months since I ordered those PI's. Thank you for your effort.

Ardmanz

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:45 am

Hi there,

I ordered my Raspberry PI on 22/01/2013 with an expected despatch time of 1 week.

I still have not had anything to say it has been despatched and I have emailed the email posted above and have not heard anything back.

Do you have any updates on 1010237680 ?

Thanks.

Lint

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Hello there,

I see I'm by far not the only one having trouble with RS.

I've made an order in 18/07/2012 number 1010166284 and never got a shipment tracking number, also never got any further notice from RS until (after an email inquiring) 19/11/2012, which I was given a table stating that according to my order the piece would be sent in between 26/11/2012 ~ 02/12/2012.

Well, it's been quite some time now (2 months) and I'm yet to receive my raspberry, could anyone from RS manifest themselves? I've sent another email, and this time RS cared not to reply me, so I largely regret buying from RS now.

I know that I'm not supposed to moan about RS here, but that's the only distributor that ships to Brazil, and they won't answer me in any private messaging, what should I do?
Is there any other form to buy a raspberry that I can manage it to be sent to Brazil?
I think that money is already lost, but I still want to buy an RP, just it has to be from someone else.

Gordon2

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:52 am

I signed up with Element 14 to be notified when the RPi was in stock and a few days later got a email that they were in stock. However when I went to order one it said ZERO available. They have not responded to my email.. So my question is:
If I order one now do they charge my credit card before they ship it?

Does anyone know? I am not too keen on paying for something that moght take months to get here.

itimpi

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:01 am

My experience is that Element 14 only charge you on shipping.

Also, I have never had to wait very long (I have several Pi's) as they get new shipments from the factory on a daily basis (or something close to it anyway) so the indication of what they have in stock is largely meaningless.

Gordon2

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:23 pm

thanks.. I placed an order in that case.
Maybe they should work on their web site since it is so confusing.. in stock, not in stock, etc.

realitylite

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Are RS still omitting to e-mail dispatch advices?

Be nice to know if #1010237356 21/1/13 to Spain was en route. Delivery address is our apartado de correos box, 40km drive away. We don't have house deliveries/post here. Not unless there's a helpful passing goat, anyway....

DaveSemm

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:08 am

DaveSemm wrote:Last year I canceled my order after months of delays. On the 16th of January, RS said there was stock and orders would ship within a week, so I placed a new order and got an automated response which also promised it would be shipped within a week. After a week and a day, with no word from them, I emailed them to ask about the status, and got an automated response saying they would respond within 4 working days. I have 2 days to go before they respond to the email, but I won't hold my breath.

Why do RS have to make this so unpleasant?
As the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I was an idiot to think that RS would be any better the 2nd time around. They do not respond to my requests for a status update. So far as I know, now, nearly 3 weeks later, it still has not been dispatched. So much for "Despatch expected within 1 week".

Fitz

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:36 pm

I've made an order the 23/01/2013 (order #1010238495), it was said "despatch expected within 2 weeks". At the moment, I thought that was long, but not so much. Then I saw all comments on different sites and forums, and now I really wonder if they will send me the Raspberry Pi soon : it's going to be exactly two weeks and I do not have any news. I tried to contact them to get informations on my order status, but they did not reply. Did someone has more informations ?

I think I will wait maybe for a week from now, and then I may cancel my order if I don't get more informations.

kyxzhi

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi,
My order was supposed to be dispatched on the 12th December, but I never received it. Since it was not shipped with a tracking number it is impossible to know what happened to it. On the 10th of January your customer support said they were going to look into it and it might take up to 10 days. I have tried to mail the customer support twice until now and have not heard anything since then. Could you check the status of my order? The order number was 1010199776

abrownin

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 am

I suppose I may as well add another complaint to the list. I ordered my RPi on 21-Jan when I was advised it would ship within the week. Like most other people on this thread I've not received any shipping notification, and I've sent multiple emails to the address provided without any response (although waiting much longer than the 4 working days).

There is absolutely no reliable recourse made available for customers who have, by the way, been charged immediately for an order which apparently may not ship for months. This is completely unacceptable.

My order number is 1010237138. Needless to say my experience with RS Components will not be kept to myself and I'm disappointed such a big company doesn't even know how to manage orders.

I can see I shouldn't even trust refunds since people have waited months before seeing their money. I just want what I've paid for.

kimkara

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:02 pm

I got my RPI (Order number 1010231816) in the post, upon further investigation it was not a RPI but a RIP. Dead on arrival.
I used the SD card from my old 256 mb with stock standard settings and the new 512 showed power but the orange act LED stayed dimly lit.

The SD card was corrupted when I put it back into my old 256 mb, the new 512 killed the sd card.
The PSU is the RS supplied 1.2 A 5 V and tp1 & tp2 showed over 5 vdc.

I noticed that on the SD card reader on the RPI one of the pins (left hand one with sd slot facing up and pointing towards me) was flat and was not able to make proper contact with the SD card.

Using a jewelers screw driver this was rectified and the PRI booted and is running.
Not bad, from order to arrival just under a month.
so please be advised that there appears to be some quality issues due to high turn around, even the board appears more "dirty" than the 256 board (waxy).

mareck

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:29 pm

24 weeks and still waiting on RS.

Grenge

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 am

I thought I should add my voice to the choir.
Order #1010237678 which I placed on 22nd January. Despatch was expected within one week, the website now says two weeks and it is now just over 2 weeks. I have emailed and received no response, and have now emailed a second time as well as emailing the regular emails at RS Australia and UK. (I have just this minute received a email back from the UK saying the mailbox is full???)

Pretty sad that I have ordered other hardware for the RPi and it has all turned up... except for the RPi.

nuftty

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Oh Dear RS

Seriously, you take money before you ship something.
You say in an order confirmation that the it will ship in 1 week.
After two weeks of waiting I send an inquiry about the order to be told that there is a large volume of quires and that I should wait at least 4 business days for a response. At the end of the 5th Day I send another email asking how it is going to be told that I should wait at least another 5 days for a response to that.

Still no Pi at my door.

One of the worlds biggest and oldest Electronic Component outlets has to setup a special website just to deal with one product and then this special website that hides behind a special email address can handle the load. It is amazing how a company of this size can allow its name to be rubbished like this and do nothing about it.

I am sure that the Raspberry Pi foundation/organisation sees that RS is helping them out with the services they are providing however this too is making the foundation look bad allowing such rigid method of ordering it.

All round it is a big FAIL! It makes the whole concept of being able to teach and learn technology so hard. RS should stop taking orders until they can get on top of it. The customer expectation is a total joke and it is evident in the amount of flames in just this forum.

FiftyPence

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:13 pm

20Jan13 order placed with RS all items in stock and Pi expected dispatch in 1 week

21Jan13 noticed alot of heat on this forum claiming the 1 week dispatch time of RS is not met

21Jan13-24Jan13 emailed RS daily to enquire whether my order will be dispatched in 1 week

25Jan13 RS responded to my email advising that my order was dispatched on 24Jan13 and should be delivered in 5 working days - (but I never received a dispatch email on 24th)

01Feb13 5 working days has expired and still nothing has been received

02Feb13-05Feb13 emailed RS daily requesting an update on my order

06Feb13 RS responded to my email to advise that their previous email was wrong - my order was not dispatched on 24Jan13 at all. Items were not in stock, stock expected in next few days and my order is at the top of the list and will be among the first to be dispatched.

I have responded to RS to request a full explanation as to why they gave false information on 25Jan13 when they claimed my order was dispatched on 24Jan13 but now they tell me it was not dispatched at all. Furthermore, all items were in stock at the time the order was placed, the only delay should have been one week for the Pi itself but they did not even meet the 1 week dispatch time.

Meanwhile I ordered with Farnell/Element 14 and received it all in a few days.

It is quite obvious that the service provided by RS is worse than substandard. Avoid RS at all costs.

mareck

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:39 pm

@filthypence.

LOL. There are people like me who have waited nearly 7 months for their order from RS.
Waiting two weeks and crying about it is really sad.

Return to “General discussion”