jev

Looking for specific software

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:13 pm

For my piano instruction classes I use a rpi 3B connected to a big touchscreen. On it, I run Xournal to display sheet music and run instruction movies through omxplayer. Kind'a works (haven't found a way yet to get the omxplayer's audio to link through to the piano on an acceptable audio level and I haven't been able to use the piano's midi to flip pages yet but that another issue).

However. I would like my students to have access to sticky notes that can be visible at all time. The sticky notes should be able to contain small music scores - images would be fine too. All the apps I looked at so far don't work on RPi or do not support graphics or music score fonts. Any advice here?

scruss

Re: Looking for specific software

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:17 pm

I've used many different PDF viewers, and I don't know of any that run on the Raspberry Pi that allow anything other than plain-text annotations.
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

jev

Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:53 pm

I don't want PDF's (I got Xournal for that) but really something that sticks. I guess I'll just have to resort to real-world yellow notes and pen or pencil :?

Gavinmc42

Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:41 pm

Do a google for Linux Postit notes, see what shows up.
Try to apt-get install them.

Debian might be behind so if install does not work try grabbing the source and making the app yourself.
Some stuff just works now on Pi4's.
It is sometimes just a case of no one has tried it before.
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

jev

Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:28 pm

Thanks for the tip.

I found a "stickynotes" that must be installed through snap. Okay, did that as described here => https://snapcraft.io/install/stickynotes/ubuntu
It seems it installed just fine. I feel dumb now. how do you run this? :oops:

Gavinmc42

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:45 am

how do you run this?
You hope they have their github up to date ;)
https://github.com/playork/stickynotes
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

Return to “General discussion”