Auggoncalves

Supply 5V 3A

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:42 pm

I had problems with my raspberry pi 4 with a supplied power supply that I bought together; Some things stopped working. Then with a new power supply (5V 5A) it worked perfectly. Has anyone had the same problem?

W. H. Heydt

Re: Supply 5V 3A

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:09 am

What is the intended use and specifications of your initial power supply? Does it have a permanently attached cable? If not, what are the specs on the cable? Note that "e-marked" cables will not work (or, at least, will not work reliably) with Pi4B boards. This is due to a minor design mistake on the board. At some point in the future, there will be a board revision to take care of it.

FYI...the general recommendation is to use the RPF Official PSU.

wh7qq

Re: Supply 5V 3A

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:34 am

You don't tell us what you have connected to the RPi...USB, hats, etc. It sounds as though your load is enough to pull down the supplied voltage below the threshold.

You also do not tell us what sort of supply it is, other than that it came with your RPi. Maybe your seller shipped a supply with a smalller gauge wire or a lower rating or , even worse, a charger, as opposed to regulated supply. An official RPi supply will provide 5V/3A at the connector and the recommendation is provided on the basis of "average" loading. If it is not an "official" supply, all bets are off and you need to deal with the seller.

Return to “General discussion”