JoelHinson

program that counts gpio pin pulses

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:04 am

does anyone know the name of the program that is credited to "sir Joan" that counts the pin traffic? i am not seeing that anywhere,.. i want to say it was called "pigpiod"?? but i do not see where it is on my unit or where it could be online,.. but that program really was the only way i could monitor what was going on in order to wire the pins correctly,.. i could see if it was working or not with that program,.. could somebody show me to where that program is? with a link or an "apt-get"?

Milliways

Re: program that counts gpio pin pulses

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:02 am

JoelHinson wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:04 am
does anyone know the name of the program that is credited to "sir Joan" that counts the pin traffic? i am not seeing that anywhere,.. i want to say it was called "pigpiod"?? but i do not see where it is on my unit or where it could be online,.. but that program really was the only way i could monitor what was going on in order to wire the pins correctly,.. i could see if it was working or not with that program,.. could somebody show me to where that program is? with a link or an "apt-get"?
If you googled you would easily find joan's website.
pigpiod is included in Raspbian.

If all you want to do there is list pins are many means - gpio readall is one (not sure if the Pi4 version is yet in the repository)
pinout is another

rpdom

Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:19 am

Are you thinking of piscope?

JoelHinson

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:34 am

it is you who wrote all of this??!! well then, i do not want to waste any of your time,.. but would like to pay due compliments and congrats,.. it all looks very nice. well done. the program i am posting in regards to ,.. was not a scope generating a wave, but rather a list of the 40 pins and it was counting the electrons?? or thing (packets) being passed and i had high number happening, but then i ran "pintest" by Gordon Henderson and the the numbers came down,.. but first of all i had your program up and running in order to witness the change,.. i am just not seeing it anywhere. it is probably standard ware on this unit, but i am baffled as to which folder it is in and have searched many different times and names it could be,.. in an attempt to invoke the program. when i try to install from your site, my unit is saying i already have the latest,.. i just do not see where it is,.. i think,.. like with pintest i had to purge wiringpi and then install the one online in order for it to show up in a search.

joan

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:22 am

I think the following is what you were using.

http://abyz.me.uk/rpi/pigpio/examples.h ... _status_py
status.jpg
status.jpg (31.28 KiB) Viewed 152 times

JoelHinson

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:50 am

i have it working thank you,...

in return, here is my little treasure trove for android devices:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 2rP9sgQpTl

Return to “General discussion”