Oh nooo.... Does that mean will never work with subtitles ever again?
I just got my Raspberry Pi4 and been so happy with the extra performance n RAM. Pretty much my only gripe is I can't make Omxplayer work with subtitles, as I used to be able to with older Pi's (last one the Pi3 Model B+).
I've tried to experiment briefly with VLC and have been sort of able to make it work the way I want to. I control my Pi via SSH ans so far what I've found:
- can start the VLC to play on screen just like OMXPlayer with command: cvlc
. It will start full screen just like OMXPlayer when invoked this way throuvh my SSH termknal
- I can use --mmal-layer [digit] to control layering (similar to --layer in OMXPlayer, and can be used to work with OMXPlayer!)
- I can use --sub-file [filename] to load subtitle file
- I can use --start-time [digit in seconds] to start at certain time
- I can use --gain [digit] to gain volume (similar to --vol in omxplayer)
The problem I'm still having with VLC (or cvlc):
- I can't control the playback with keyboard thru the SSH terminal like I can use "q" to stop video, and "space" to pause for example
- I can't start video at a certain position on the screen like I can with omxplayer through the --win 0,0,480,576 for example.
- I haven't found out how to do cropping yet, this may be possible
Any feedback or help would be much appreciated!