RPIgoodSBC

Pimoroni 7 days and not ship rpi4.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:44 pm

I am waiting since Tuesday, June 25 for Pimoroni to send me the raspberry pi 4.
Yesterday (after 7 days) I sent them a message to tell me when they plan to ship and I still have not received an answer.
Of course the order is paid and with email recibed of confirmation of the payment.
I have made other orders before to Pimoroni and I have never had problems but a week to send a package is exaggerated.
They should have been foresighted with peak demand and hire more people assuming that is the problem.

I'm still waiting for an answer from Pimoroni.

Pimoroni web says...

Due to Raspberry Pi 4-related shenanigans, shipping may take a little longer than usual! Please bear with us...

OK!!! but 7 days to send a package is very much.

What are you doing Pimoroni?

W. H. Heydt

Re: Pimoroni 7 days and not ship rpi4.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:58 pm

Somewhere around here I have the worlds tiniest violin. I've had a CM3L+ on order since April 15 (of this year) and it still hasn't shipped.

With a new Pi, *everybody* want's one (or more) and they want it *right* *now*, so supplies are being eaten faster than new stock comes in. You want descriptions from the original Model B? Or how about the first couple of years of the Pi0?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:01 pm

They are doing the same as everyone else, waiting for shipments from the factory.

We are currently making over 15000 Pi4 PER DAY and increasing, and are trying to catch up with demand.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

RPIgoodSBC

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:05 pm

jamesh wrote:
They are doing the same as everyone else, waiting for shipments from the factory.

We are currently making over 15000 Pi4 PER DAY and increasing, and are trying to catch up with demand.
A company should not charge what it can not send. So simple.
When I placed the order there was stock and the order was processed correctly, therefore there is no excuse.
Bad forecast of the amount of work or sell what you do not have.

binaryhermit

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:06 pm

W. H. Heydt may I borrow that violin to play it?
I ordered a pi4b4 kit from canakit on June 25 Chicago time, and it's not scheduled to ship until August 1.

If I have to guess your pi was backordered when you ordered it and this is expected behavior.
If I'm wrong, it's ridiculous for them to take so long.

RPIgoodSBC

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:07 pm

binaryhermit wrote:
I ordered a pi4b4 kit from canakit on June 25 Chicago time, and it's not scheduled to ship until August 1.

If I have to guess your pi was backordered when you ordered it and this is expected behavior.
If I'm wrong, it's ridiculous for them to take so long.
At the time of placing the order there was stock.
It was not backordered.

RPIgoodSBC

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 pm

The problem is that I could have bought it in Spain because I discovered a day after a Spanish supplier who had the rpi4 but I trusted Pimoroni and I only buyed for the PSU official on spain supplier.
Now I have a very nice power source and not the rpi4 and no answers from Pimoroni.

HawaiianPi

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:34 pm

binaryhermit wrote:
Now I don't feel so bad about my pre-order ship date being pushed back to July 10th. Sorry for you , though ... :(
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

jamesh

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:38 pm

RPIgoodSBC wrote:
jamesh wrote:

When I placed the order there was stock and the order was processed correctly, therefore there is no excuse.
Are you sure you have been charged? IIRC, charging is only down when the item is dispatched.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...

RPIgoodSBC

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:48 pm

jamesh wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:38 pm
RPIgoodSBC wrote:
jamesh wrote:

Are you sure you have been charged? IIRC, charging is only down when the item is dispatched.
Paid with Paypal and receipt of both Paypal and Pimoroni to which I just sent a message now that I hope them answer before 24 hours.
My money is in the pocket of Pimoroni.

It is unacceptable that a client is not answered.
It has been more than 24 hours since my first email.
My first email was redacted from Pimoroni web.My second email few minutes ago was send from my gmail account.

Looks like this the order confirmation from Pimoroni...

We've received your order (#PIXXXXXX)!

Pimoroni Ltd support@pimoroni.com a través de shopify.com
mar., 25 jun. 14:46 (hace 7 días)

Ahoy!

We're sending this email to confirm we've received your order and processed the payment.

Our post room ninjas will soon be picking and packing your order and you'll receive another confirmation email as soon as it's been shipped.

The address we're sending your order to via International Standard (Correos, 10-14 business days) is:

In my order panel web from Pimoroni looks like this...

#PIXXXXXX
June 25, 2019
Preparing for dispatch
International Standard (Correos, 10-14 business days)
Paid
£XX.XX
Last edited by RPIgoodSBC on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

binaryhermit

Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:03 pm

HawaiianPi wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:34 pm
Now I don't feel so bad about my pre-order ship date being pushed back to July 10th. Sorry for you , though ... :(
It hasn't been pushed back (yet?). I knew what I was signing up for when I bought it, lol.

MisterEd

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:28 am

binaryhermit wrote:
They appear to have built a lot more 1GB & 2GB than 4GB Pi4s. It seems there is a longer wait time to get the 4GB version.

I ordered the Pi4 4GB kit from CanaKit on June 24th so I have to wait until after August 1st myself. I expect not everyone will have their Pi4 shipped on August 1st because they will probably process the orders based on order date. I paid extra for shipping because otherwise I figured I might not get it until around August 9th.

BTW, shipments made by CanaKit from Canada to the U.S. offer no tracking. You just have patience and it will just show up.

There must be a lot bigger demand for the Pi 4B than the Pi 3B+. My order for the Pi 3B+ from CanaKit was made the day after it was released. It shipped two days later.

RPIgoodSBC

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:36 am

Facts:

1) The order was paid and processed correctly.
mar., 25 jun. 14:46 (8 days ago)

I have made other orders (five) before to Pimoroni and I have never had problems but a week to send a package is exaggerated.

2) The order was...

Your order contains the following item(s):

1x Raspberry Pi 4 - 2GB RAM for £36.67 each
1x Pibow Modification Layers - LEGO® compatible base for £1.67 each
1x Raspberry Pi 4 Heatsink for £2.00 each
1x Micro USB to USB-C Adapter for £0.83 each
Subtotal : £41.17 GBP
VAT : £8.23 GBP
Shipping : £7.50 GBP
Total : £56.90 GBP

All in stock.

3) I have paid receipt email from Pimoroni and Paypal mar., 25 jun. 14:46 (8 days ago)

4) Today 3 July 2019 I take a screenshot from Pimoroni web and them claim to have rpi4 2Gb ram on stock.
We will see how long it takes to send from today if they send.I have the screenshot and time today.

5) At the moment of the order it was stock.There was not backorder.I like buy only if stock.I never buyed backorder.
In my order panel web from Pimoroni looks like this...

#PIXXXXXX
June 25, 2019
Preparing for dispatch
International Standard (Correos, 10-14 business days)
Paid
£XX.XX

6) I have sent to emails and no response from Pimoroni.First email sended inside web Pimoroni on monday 1 July 2019.
Second email sended from my email account after 24 hours.
No response for the moment.

Is Pimoroni prioritizing some clients over others instead of sending them in order of order?

This situation is not understood in another way.

Why them does not respond to emails?
Why them does not have an answer in web panel explaining the situation?

The wait does not bother me so much as Pimoroni's lack of response.
After many many purchases online is the first time something similar happens to me.
Screenshot_20190703_091003.jpg
Screenshot_20190703_091003.jpg (217.31 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Last edited by RPIgoodSBC on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

itsmedoofer

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:49 am

RPIgoodSBC wrote:
Facts:

After many many purchases online is the first time something similar happens to me.
If they they are waiting stock and have outstanding orders have you stopped to think how many other requests like yours they have had ?

You yourself have said its the first time you have had problems, I think exceptional circumstances comes into play don't you think ?

It's frustrating but not the end of the world, relax and it will arrive.

RPIgoodSBC

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:59 am

itsmedoofer wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:49 am
RPIgoodSBC wrote:
Facts:

If they they are waiting stock and have outstanding orders have you stopped to think how many other requests like yours they have had ?

You yourself have said its the first time you have had problems, I think exceptional circumstances comes into play don't you think ?

It's frustrating but not the end of the world, relax and it will arrive.
Do not defend them.
They have my money and they do not answer.
They claim to have stock and they do not send.
It is not waiting that bothers me but the lack of responsibility and response.

There is no way to cancel order on pimoroni web.

There is no justification for this behavior in a serious and responsible company.

clicky

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:27 am

I've got a feeling you're a bit irritated and they swamped with orders, backorders and such. What I've heard they've dropped some other stuff they are doing (developing new shims, etc) in order to deal with while Pi4 thing.

If you really don't want it any more I am sure there are ways to cancel the order and get money back. Least they're interested in is to steal people's money. I bet they are desperately hoping having next shipment in - in order to fulfil your order and equally frustrated as it has been postponed day after day.

jamesh

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:39 am

OK, you have had your rant. Multiple posts, all saying the same thing. So I think we can leave it there. if I hear anything from Pimoroni, I will post is here.

When I was a lad, 1 week to get something delivered was really really quick.

Return to “General discussion”