stuartiannaylor

SD Cards

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:33 pm

I am not selling as just purchased a few and sharing what I think.

Each time I started with a fresh image of Raspbian light and after a sudo raspi-config of the usual wifi, auto-login and enable ssh and a reboot run this script.
Now I am using my pi3A+ which I think is absolutely ace as never use the usb apart from setup but hey pi3A+ rock! :)

Code: Select all

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StuartIanNaylor/microsd-benchmarks/master/bench.sh | sudo bash
Script was stolen from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/geerl ... chmarks.sh and many thanks just updated version and added the update bit.

First bit is far from scientific as it depends how much the image on offer and current repo's have changed as it starts with a...

START=$(date +%s)
apt-get -y update
apt-get -y dist-upgrade
apt-get -y upgrade
END=$(date +%s)
DIFF=$(( $END - $START ))
But included as it sort gives a real life operation and some human feel to the benchmark tests.

First up is my top recommendation a SanDisk Extreme Pro
SanDisk SDSQXCG-032G-GN6MA Extreme Pro 32 GB microSDHC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance + Rescue Pro Deluxe 100 MB/s Class 10, UHS-I, U3, V30
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06 ... UTF8&psc=1

I have thrown the link up as its a recent purchase from the above and it seems exactly what its states to be.

Results from the script.

**************************************************************************************************
 Just a feel test as the amount of updates will always change but likely to be the same on the day
 So if you did a fresh image a full upgrade took 220 seconds
**************************************************************************************************

Running hdparm test...

/dev/mmcblk0:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  68 MB in  3.01 seconds =  22.59 MB/sec

Running dd test...

51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
419430400 bytes (419 MB, 400 MiB) copied, 21.7375 s, 19.3 MB/s

random    random     bkwd    record    stride
              kB  reclen    write  rewrite    read    reread    read     write     read   rewrite      read   fwrite frewrite    fread  freread
          102400       4     2816     2911     8937     8937     8601     4373

iozone test complete.
The card actual feels nippy soon as I ran the update and just general use I am thinking yeah this card is pretty quick.
£11.49 & FREE UK Delivery so not that bad.

Then next is Samsung 32GB Evo Plus Micro SD Card (SDHC) UHS-I U1
https://www.mymemory.co.uk/samsung-32gb ... 5mb-s.html

Just a feel test as the amount of updates will always change but likely to be the same on the day
 So if you did a fresh image a full upgrade took 320 seconds
Running hdparm test...

/dev/mmcblk0:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  68 MB in  3.02 seconds =  22.55 MB/sec

/dev/mmcblk0:
 Timing cached reads:   1274 MB in  2.00 seconds = 636.66 MB/sec

Running dd test...

51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
419430400 bytes (419 MB, 400 MiB) copied, 36.0865 s, 11.6 MB/s

Running iozone test...
        Iozone: Performance Test of File I/O
                Version $Revision: 3.487 $
                Compiled for 32 bit mode.
                Build: linux-arm

Contributors:William Norcott, Don Capps, Isom Crawford, Kirby Collins
                     Al Slater, Scott Rhine, Mike Wisner, Ken Goss
                     Steve Landherr, Brad Smith, Mark Kelly, Dr. Alain CYR,
                     Randy Dunlap, Mark Montague, Dan Million, Gavin Brebner,
                     Jean-Marc Zucconi, Jeff Blomberg, Benny Halevy, Dave Boone,
                     Erik Habbinga, Kris Strecker, Walter Wong, Joshua Root,
                     Fabrice Bacchella, Zhenghua Xue, Qin Li, Darren Sawyer,
                     Vangel Bojaxhi, Ben England, Vikentsi Lapa,
                     Alexey Skidanov, Sudhir Kumar.

Run began: Wed Apr 24 17:14:19 2019

Include fsync in write timing
        O_DIRECT feature enabled
        Auto Mode
        File size set to 102400 kB
        Record Size 4 kB
        Command line used: ./iozone -e -I -a -s 100M -r 4k -i 0 -i 1 -i 2
        Output is in kBytes/sec
        Time Resolution = 0.000001 seconds.
        Processor cache size set to 1024 kBytes.
        Processor cache line size set to 32 bytes.
        File stride size set to 17 * record size.
                                                              random    random                                                                                                                       bkwd    record    stride
              kB  reclen    write  rewrite    read    reread    read     write                                                                                                                       read   rewrite      read   fwrite frewrite    fread  freread
          102400       4     2313     2469     7878     7868     7755     2301                                                                                                                    

iozone test complete.

microSD card benchmark complete!
Cheaper £7.97 free uk delivery but yeah you can notice that it doesn't have the feel of the SanDisk you can see that in the last column of random writes and for its price not bad but slightly disappointing as many seem to give it rave reviews.

I will edit this and put on my baseline cheapo 16gb Kingston and the reason I have put direct links as facepalm ebay and one of these.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-16GB ... 2749.l2649
Probably if I thought about it then the picture might of clicked with hold on there is no such thing 16gb SDXC but nope quick click and no thought I purchased one.
Turns up as a SDHC which is more promising but nope total fake even 8gb that overwrites so it looks like 16gb.
https://www.happybison.com/reviews/how- ... sd-card-8/
Exact same card made in Taiwan with same serials as the above article so just beware and the 1st 2 are good and the 3rd actually I don't thinks its a one off as that image I am pretty sure its not just Samsung but there never has or will be a 16gb SDXC card that isn't fake.

So not really fair on Samsung and only dissapointed as a top tip didn't turn out to be so top. Its only £3.50 difference and the sandisk on a clean image full dist-upgrade was almost 2 minutes quicker than the cheaper samsung even if hdparm & dd look very similar.
Random read & write (last 2 iozone columns) that give you that human feel and you can sort of see where the Sandisk made headway.

HawaiianPi

Re: SD Cards

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Samsung used to make a card called the EVO+ which was later replaced by the EVO Plus (note the + symbol vs the word). The later Plus models don't perform as well as the earlier + models.
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

stuartiannaylor

Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:02 pm

HawaiianPi wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:04 pm
Samsung used to make a card called the EVO+ which was later replaced by the EVO Plus (note the + symbol vs the word). The later Plus models don't perform as well as the earlier + models.
Would seem that way even if I am being slightly unfair with the Samsung U1 vs Sanddisk U3.
That is what I was expecting the + but got Plus but anyone fancies a comparison with an Evo Plus U3 or the Endurance version I would be interested but at the moment got enough SD.
If I get a refund for that fake I may try and get a fairer samsung test but that Sandisk is actually awesome you can actually really tell the difference.

HawaiianPi

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:16 pm

Yea the SanDisk A1 cards are great.

I've heard the much more expensive A2 rated cards don't perform any better on the Pi computers (and possibly worse), but I haven't been able to test that for myself, because the A2 card I just received is either a fake or defective.

I have some of the older EVO+ cards and they are pretty close to the performance of the SanDisk Ultra A1 cards (but the SanDisk is still faster). As I recall, the EVO+ had higher sequential write speed, but the higher IOPS of the SanDisk A1 cards improved OS performance more.

stuartiannaylor

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:22 pm

If you look at the script I molested and results then hdparm seems to make little realword effect,
The dd write did but it seems to be very much random writes/reads that have effect so yeah iops is king.

I just took clean fresh flashes of stretch lite and times a update->dist-upgrade-upgrade start and finnish and the 220 seconds of the sandisk is vastly faster than the evo 320 second time.

But like you I got a fake which was my fault snap by on ebay as that is cheap and was only when tested that I actually took a good look at what I purchased.
Shame as that was supposedly a Samsung Pro.
The amazon seller for the sandisk is a really good price and think they ship anywhere, I am not trying to sell sandisk but actually that is the fastest SD pi used card I have ever had and was beginning to think they are all alike.
Its not just bench using, booting the whole pi feels faster with that thing in.

The extreme pro sandisk 64gb a2 is £19.19 free delivery with the extreme 64gb a2 being £14.95 ex delivery.

I got a feeling I got lucky without much knowledge as 32gb model extreme pro is a lower capacity and just short of a2 rating but who knows.
SD cards are relatively cheap and I have been trying to get a good price match with what was with Vat & delivery a £25.99 Pi3A+

The £7.97 Evo Plus to be honest is not much a step up from what I call budget kingston but £11.49 & FREE UK delivery aint that a bad a match as the overall performance increase is quite large.
The next card up in this range is the £20 extreme pro 64gb A2 £19.19 but almost the cost of the £25.99 Pi3A+ Unusually I think I landed on my feet as its just less than half the Pi3A+ price and with its performance prob a good fit.
The next step up means there actually cheaper 120GB SSDs? Not really expensive but for the Pi3a+ seems I am starting to get excessive with a fit to the Pi3.

HawaiianPi

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:51 pm

stuartiannaylor wrote:
The amazon seller for the sandisk is a really good price and think they ship anywhere...
I bought most of my SanDisk A1 cards from Amazon and they're all great (matching or exceeding the expected performance). I also bought my SanDisk A2 card from Amazon, but it's performance is highly suspect ... it's not only much slower than spec, it's much slower than my A1 cards (tested on 7th gen Intel hardware).

stuartiannaylor wrote:
The next step up means there actually cheaper 120GB SSDs? Not really expensive but for the Pi3a+ seems I am starting to get excessive...
I have a couple of Pi3 computers booting from SSD. If you want another step up in performance over A1 SD cards, SSD is the way to go. You won't get the massive boost in performance you'd see on something with native SATA, but IOPS are much higher than any SD card. The tricky part is finding a USB-SATA adapter that is compatible with the Raspberry Pi boot-loader (not all of them work).

I have a Pi 3B in an open style acrylic case booting from a 2.5 inch Silicon Power SSD with a USB3-SATA3 adapter cable, and a 3B+ in a Flirc case booting from an mSATA MyDigitalSSD Super Boot 2 in a tiny external USB3 enclosure. USB booting is slower than SD card, but once the system is up and running OS responsiveness is better than even an A1 card.

stuartiannaylor

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:35 pm

The fake I got was shocking, I looked at it as it came out of the pack and thought it looks odd almost painted.
Flashing the image was like oh thats slow.
Didn't even get in the Pi downloaded a write/read verify and yep its writes as if its 16gb but only because the first 8gb is lost.
Its packaging has the wrong rated speeds.
Its made in taiwan from the product where Samsung doesn't manufacture and the serials are wrong.

Its 100% absolute fake but the problem is ebay as if I get a refund even though I have tried to report there is no method to get them to esculate or investigate.
The worst thing is the actual product photo shows a 16gb SDXC Samsung Pro and there is no such thing but they are littered there and presume its just wide spread.

Its 100% exactly as described here and that article is from 2015! https://www.happybison.com/reviews/how- ... sd-card-8/

So one fake but on there other hand the sandisk from the amazon seller is blitzing any benchmark I have seen.
If you check what I posted to this its outperforming anything before it, don't give a damn about benchmarks though as it does it feels fast.
Not sure why as the serial perf on the benches looks fairly average but in use it seems far faster.
I was watching the updates flick past faster than I could read and I was like frig that is some order faster.

chwe

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 pm

stuartiannaylor wrote:
Cheaper £7.97 free uk delivery but yeah you can notice that it doesn't have the feel of the SanDisk you can see that in the last column of random writes and for its price not bad but slightly disappointing as many seem to give it rave reviews.
most of those recommendations come from a time when the average SD card looked more like this one:

random    random
              kB  reclen    write  rewrite    read    reread    read     write
          102400       4     2221     2258     7937     7938     7920      789
          102400      16     6762     7252    15545    15582    14623      107
          102400     512     7663    11468    22813    22814    22752     2803
          102400    1024     8429    11789    22942    22943    22938     4926
          102400   16384     9314    10608    22932    22931    22932    10470
and I have sandisk cards from those days.. 700-800 kb/s isn't something unusual back then.. There are cards which perform even a way below... But I have also a EVO (not plus, the orange one) from back then and it writes something like 3mb/s for random 4k.. Newer cards which looks roughly the same, also labeled as EVO doesn't go over 1mb/s..

Recommend anything except A1/A2 rated cards in those days is IMO pointless. It doesn't make sense to save 2-3 bucks for a cheaper SD-card when they throw A1 rated cards at you.. And getting your card from ebay is pointless as well.. The only reason I buy sd cards only locally (not even on amazon) is that I can test them.. And if they don't fulfill specs.. back to the shop getting it refunded. It would be cheaper to buy them from somewhere else.. but no.. I don't want to deal with onlineshops for a refund..
Get your card.. test them with h2testw (windows) or F3 (linux) to see if they have bad sectors (and if they're fake.. everything over 8gb will be a 'bad sector' :mrgreen: ) fire up iozone once you've your OS on it to see if they fulfill A1 specs and you're fine.

I still use my old SD-cards which don't perform well for stuff where it doesn't matter.. E.g. a SBC used as a IoT endnode doing some lightweight monitoring headless doesn't need a super fast card.. So as long as they don't show issues with bad sectors.. I don't care. But I wouldn't buy any new not A1 cards..

HawaiianPi

Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:26 am

chwe wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 pm
The only reason I buy sd cards only locally (not even on amazon) is that I can test them.. And if they don't fulfill specs.. back to the shop getting it refunded. It would be cheaper to buy them from somewhere else.. but no.. I don't want to deal with onlineshops for a refund.
Amazon is very simple for refunds. I don't know if things are the same where you are, but I don't even have to package my returns or print a label. I sent back a faulty micro SD card yesterday, and all I had to do is request a refund and select drop off at UPS store with code. Amazon sent a QR code to my phone and then I took the card to a UPS store a few blocks away, showed them the code and handed them the card.

No box, no label. UPS packs and ships it for me. So now you're wondering how long it will take to get my refund?

My refund was processed before I got home. Literally a few minutes after UPS scanned the code and I handed them the card Amazon sent me a text saying my refund was processed.

Notice the refund date, and that the return is in transit (they don't have it yet).
Amazon_refund.png
Amazon_refund.png (30.87 KiB) Viewed 1227 times

That took no longer than returning it to a store, and was probably less hassle.

The QR code thing is new. I returned something a couple of months ago and that wasn't an option. I did have to pack and label it, but the refund was still processed right after I dropped the package off at UPS.

HankB

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:55 pm

Always fun to benchmark cards to see what comes out best. It's not always obvious from the specifications. The problem we have is that some (all?) of the fastest cards are optimized for a continuous sequential data stream as produced by a HD or 4K video camera. That may not translate into similar performance on the pi.
stuartiannaylor wrote:

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StuartIanNaylor/microsd-benchmarks/master/bench.sh | sudo bash
:shock:
Seeing this makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Oh... Never mind. I see it is your github account. Were it not, I would highly recommend downloading the script and examining it before executing it, particularly as root.

I'm surprised you had difficulty with an ebay return. I bought a somewhat expensive camera lens ($100 < price < $1000) and it turned out that the manual focus did not work. Seller was a pawn shop and probably had neither the knowledge nor equipment to check it out. Price and shipping were promptly refunded so I was out nothing except some time. But this was not a seller trying to scam me.

Back to SD cards... The recent introduction of some high endurance cards interests me. I'd pay a bit more and sacrifice a little speed for something that might last longer. That said, I've not had an SD card fail yet and I've got some that are in continuous service (and not configured for R/O filesystem as they should be.)

chwe

Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:23 pm

HawaiianPi wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:26 am
Amazon is very simple for refunds. I don't know if things are the same where you are, but I don't even have to package my returns or print a label.
amazon doesn't even deliver to my country anymore.. :mrgreen:

If an online shop has a proved working refund policy.. sure, there's no reason to buy it there as well.. If not.. supply your local stores.. :mrgreen:
HankB wrote:
Seeing this makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Oh... Never mind. I see it is your github account. Were it not, I would highly recommend downloading the script and examining it before executing it, particularly as root.
well, the script could be made without any sudo... e.g. test if build-essential, hdparm and curl are installed and in case not, throw an error to the user telling him he has to install them. Even if it's only a few lines to check if the script doesn't do any harmful stuff.. it's something I would avoid..
HankB wrote:
The recent introduction of some high endurance cards interests me
there are 'industrial grade' SD card since a long time.. everytime you ask the support what industrial means they send you the average marketing BS or refuse to answer at all.. I would be interested in protocols and reports how they came to the conclusion that their card is high endurance.. But I probably never get such a testing protocol.. :d

stuartiannaylor

Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:30 pm

HankB wrote:
Always fun to benchmark cards to see what comes out best. It's not always obvious from the specifications. The problem we have is that some (all?) of the fastest cards are optimized for a continuous sequential data stream as produced by a HD or 4K video camera. That may not translate into similar performance on the pi.
stuartiannaylor wrote:

I'm surprised you had difficulty with an ebay return. I bought a somewhat expensive camera lens ($100 < price < $1000) and it turned out that the manual focus did not work. Seller was a pawn shop and probably had neither the knowledge nor equipment to check it out. Price and shipping were promptly refunded so I was out nothing except some time. But this was not a seller trying to scam me.

Back to SD cards... The recent introduction of some high endurance cards interests me. I'd pay a bit more and sacrifice a little speed for something that might last longer. That said, I've not had an SD card fail yet and I've got some that are in continuous service (and not configured for R/O filesystem as they should be.)
The ebay return is easy and it was just a moment of a snap buy, but I did notice that specific card which never existed is being sold by various accounts. Trying to inform ebay of that is not easy as I tried as many people will not know the difference prob just think their device is slow and old and losing data as the card overwrites the initial 8gb.

As to the code yeah it is on github and completely transparent and has a direct one line copy and paste to make it easy.

stuartiannaylor

Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:48 pm

HankB wrote:
stuartiannaylor wrote:

The reason I am buying online is that locally the prices for the https://www.picstop.co.uk/microsd-sdhc/ ... -32gb.html to online be it picstop or amazon are almost 100% the cost. In one shop locally its available for £26 which is the price of the pi3A+ it was destined for.

I have been using what are relatively budget cards and the sandisk extreme pro 32gb u3 for a couple of £ more was a wow f*** moment as boy does it make a difference.
Would love to see some A2 cards posted but what I would like to see is some sort of iops/$ rating and really happy with what I got.
We are only talking 10$ difference for high end cards but it just seems overkill to be spending the Pi price on SD alone.
So my challenge is to beat sandisk extreme pro 32gb u3 and I will post full iozone tests on a Pi3A+ / Pi3B / PiZW so we can get the challenge perf/$ challenge going :)

PS also I posted the code so we could all have the same test an easily accessible and used what I found in the article with just a feel test of full dist-upgrade tacked to the start as the synthetics don't always translate but why I have been raving about that sandisk as they do especially with pixel.
If you want to copy edit change or comment then please do or setup and alternative source but have a common point for Pi SD benchs could make the chore a little simpler and quicker to achieve with the importance of like vs like.

HawaiianPi

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:35 am

stuartiannaylor wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:48 pm
Would love to see some A2 cards posted...
A2 cards perform WORSE. They require A2 compatible devices to work properly, and without that they are slower than A1 cards.

If you want faster performance than an A1 card you could try booting from SSD. USB boot will be slower than SD card boot, but once the system is up and running the SSD should outperform any SD card (higher IOPS, and USB is faster than the Pi's SD card slot). Do note that the USB ports and Ethernet share bandwidth on the Pi (all connected to a single USB interface on the SoC). So heavy I/O on other USB ports or Ethernet could affect performance. Also, it can be tricky to find a USB-SATA adapter that's compatible with the Pi's boot-loader (not all of them work).

stuartiannaylor

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:35 pm

You sure that its not just you purchased an A2 that seems to run worse?
I don't have any specification needs to run a A1 and maybe you would explain why an A2 would run worse?
The high read and write speeds generally need a UHS-I interface that Pi hasn't got but you still get increase.
The biggest increase with a1 seems to be the important iops and that also should increase with a2 but maybe never reaching the full spec figures with a full blown compatible interface.

I am just interested in what is the best perf/$ you can get with SD as when you get an SSD + adapter and that it chokes the USB bandwidth apart from costing more than the pi that also has drawbacks.

HawaiianPi

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:50 pm

stuartiannaylor wrote:
The biggest increase with a1 seems to be the important iops and that also should increase with a2 but maybe never reaching the full spec
That's what I thought as well, but A2 compatible devices are required to use an A2 card, otherwise they are slower than A1. I'm not the only one who discovered this. There are benchmark results from others who found the same thing.

stuartiannaylor wrote:
I am just interested in what is the best perf/$ you can get with SD as when you get an SSD + adapter and that it chokes the USB bandwidth apart from costing more than the pi that also has drawbacks.
Currently the best bang for the buck seems to be the SanDisk Ultra A1 or Ultra Plus A1 cards, but I guess that depends on where you live and who you buy from. Regardless, A1 rated micro SD cards are the best you can do if you don't want to USB-SSD boot. Overclocking the SD card slot can further improve performance, but like all overclocking you'll need to experiment a bit to find the ideal settings for each system to avoid corrupting the card (and there is a small risk of the card failing to read-only mode, requiring replacement).

bensimmo

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:05 pm

i have some Transend A1 cards but they are 128GB iirc, the smaller capacity don't get that classification* so not used on the Pi, i could benchmark with my comparable Sandisk if i get the time.
we are of course ultimately limited by the SD interface on the Pi (though i tend to 'overclock' it for Desktop setups) and gain a little bit more.
but so far its been Sandisk A1/EVO+/Plus/Evo in that order for me.

it has been a while since i benchmarked the A1 and older cards though.

*they do mention the type of sd card, MLC etc, and these where not the most expensive type.

stuartiannaylor

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:09 am

Cool throw up the command line you used for the bench and I will champion my Sandisk 32gb A1 Pro but only because its the only a1 I have :)
I would just out of curiosity like to see what a2 results look like but from the advise not curious enough to buy one to prove they run slow.

stuartiannaylor

Sat May 11, 2019 10:46 am

PS this guy has thrown up a good series of articles and a common bench script
https://jamesachambers.com/raspberry-pi ... ng-script/

Also prices have dropped even lower where a 120gb SSD is actually quite a bit cheaper than a 128gb A1 micro SD.

stuartiannaylor

Sat May 11, 2019 12:27 pm

We shall see what the posty brings.

Will post results in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=238959

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sat May 11, 2019 3:10 pm

stuartiannaylor wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:27 pm
We shall see what the posty brings.

Will post results in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=238959
which is this thread. LOL.

stuartiannaylor

Sat May 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Lols then here it will be :)

stuartiannaylor

Wed May 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Category                  Test                      Result
HDParm                    Disk Read                 28.43 MB/s
HDParm                    Cached Disk Read          27.62 MB/s
DD                        Disk Write                34.4 MB/s
FIO                       4k random read            2250 IOPS (9002 KB/s)
FIO                       4k random write           3370 IOPS (13482 KB/s)
IOZone                    4k read                   10139 KB/s
IOZone                    4k write                  9627 KB/s
IOZone                    4k random read            8409 KB/s
IOZone                    4k random write           10128 KB/s

Score: 2326
£16.95 120gb Integral P series.

Clock speeds: CPU: 1200 - Core: 400 - RAM: 450 Pi3b
System drive has been detected as /dev/sda1
Drive information: Manufacturer: SATA - Model: SSD - Vendor: ASMT - Product: AS2105 - HW Version: 2.10 - FW Version: SBFM61.3
China clone usb3.0 enclosure card

HDParm                    Disk Read                 30.74 MB/s
HDParm                    Cached Disk Read          30.47 MB/s
DD                        Disk Write                34.7 MB/s
FIO                       4k random read            2832 IOPS (11331 KB/s)
FIO                       4k random write           4484 IOPS (17939 KB/s)
IOZone                    4k read                   11653 KB/s
IOZone                    4k write                  15044 KB/s
IOZone                    4k random read            10441 KB/s
IOZone                    4k random write           11694 KB/s

Score: 2771
Same 120gb on cheap usb/sata3.0 adapter
Drive information: Manufacturer: SATA - Model: SSD - Vendor: SATA SSD - Product: JMS579 - HW Version: 2.10 - FW Version: SBFM61.3
P3a+ though just will not boot?

HDParm                    Disk Read                 22.05 MB/s
HDParm                    Cached Disk Read          22.06 MB/s
DD                        Disk Write                19.0 MB/s
FIO                       4k random read            2453 IOPS (9813 KB/s)
FIO                       4k random write           845 IOPS (3381 KB/s)
IOZone                    4k read                   8388 KB/s
IOZone                    4k write                  2731 KB/s
IOZone                    4k random read            8238 KB/s
IOZone                    4k random write           3855 KB/s

Score: 1203
MicroSD information: Clock Speed: 50.0 - Manufacturer: SanDisk - Model: SP32G - Vendor: SanDisk - Product: SD - HW Version: 0x8 - FW Version: 0x0 - Date Manufactured: 02/2019
Class: A1 Class 10 V30 U3
SanDisk Pro 32G A1 my fastest by far SD

Return to “General discussion”