Page 1 of 1

Kodi PVR

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:35 am
by thadaddyy
Hey guys, what is the best hardware/software combo to record live TV in Kodi? I'm in Canada and basically looking for PVR type function.

Re: Kodi PVR

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:38 pm
by fruitoftheloom
thadaddyy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:35 am
Hey guys, what is the best hardware/software combo to record live TV in Kodi? I'm in Canada and basically looking for PVR type function.

How do you receive TV ?

Aerial, Satellite, Internet ?

Re: Kodi PVR

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:18 pm
by mikronauts
Hdhomerun + kodi should do it.
thadaddyy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:35 am
Hey guys, what is the best hardware/software combo to record live TV in Kodi? I'm in Canada and basically looking for PVR type function.

Re: Kodi PVR

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:35 pm
by thadaddyy
I'm getting TV via the internet. For HDhomerun is it best to use the hdhomerun pvr add on in Kodi?

Re: Kodi PVR

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:53 pm
by mikronauts
You wrote tv in canada... I assumed you meant over the air atsc.

No idea on how to record streams.
thadaddyy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:35 pm
I'm getting TV via the internet. For HDhomerun is it best to use the hdhomerun pvr add on in Kodi?

Re: Kodi PVR

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:00 pm
by fruitoftheloom
thadaddyy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:35 pm
I'm getting TV via the internet. For HDhomerun is it best to use the hdhomerun pvr add on in Kodi?

https://kodi.wiki/view/PVR/Backend/IPTV

Re: Kodi PVR

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:11 pm
by thadaddyy
fruitoftheloom wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:00 pm
thadaddyy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:35 pm
I'm getting TV via the internet. For HDhomerun is it best to use the hdhomerun pvr add on in Kodi?

https://kodi.wiki/view/PVR/Backend/IPTV
Thanks this helps a lot, my only question is to record IPTV can you use the back end software OR hardware or do you need both.

Re: Kodi PVR

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:56 pm
by default_user8
You will need a tuner(HDHomerun) pointed at at backend, typically something like TVheadend. If you used the Libreelec image for kodi tvheadend is already installed you just need to choose which one you want to use and enable it.

Re: Kodi PVR

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:41 pm
by thadaddyy
default_user8 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:56 pm
You will need a tuner(HDHomerun) pointed at at backend, typically something like TVheadend. If you used the Libreelec image for kodi tvheadend is already installed you just need to choose which one you want to use and enable it.
Ok thanks that makes sense, yes I'm using Libreelec and I tvheadend is already there. Looks like I'll be in the market for a tuner now!

Re: Kodi PVR

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:38 pm
by fruitoftheloom
thadaddyy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:41 pm
default_user8 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:56 pm
You will need a tuner(HDHomerun) pointed at at backend, typically something like TVheadend. If you used the Libreelec image for kodi tvheadend is already installed you just need to choose which one you want to use and enable it.
Ok thanks that makes sense, yes I'm using Libreelec and I tvheadend is already there. Looks like I'll be in the market for a tuner now!
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client

Should be all you need to watch IPTV ?? have you tried ??

Re: Kodi PVR

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:32 am
by thadaddyy
fruitoftheloom wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:38 pm
thadaddyy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:41 pm
default_user8 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:56 pm
You will need a tuner(HDHomerun) pointed at at backend, typically something like TVheadend. If you used the Libreelec image for kodi tvheadend is already installed you just need to choose which one you want to use and enable it.
Ok thanks that makes sense, yes I'm using Libreelec and I tvheadend is already there. Looks like I'll be in the market for a tuner now!
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client

Should be all you need to watch IPTV ?? have you tried ??
Oh yeah I've used IPTV Simple Client, it works great for watching IPTV but my issue was recording something from the guide (without a tuner).

Re: Kodi PVR

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:13 am
by fruitoftheloom
thadaddyy wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:32 am
fruitoftheloom wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:38 pm
thadaddyy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:41 pm


Ok thanks that makes sense, yes I'm using Libreelec and I tvheadend is already there. Looks like I'll be in the market for a tuner now!
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client

Should be all you need to watch IPTV ?? have you tried ??
Oh yeah I've used IPTV Simple Client, it works great for watching IPTV but my issue was recording something from the guide (without a tuner).

YMMV

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326896