Upi

ASK

Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:28 am

I made a php program to turn on the lights, when I called in the browser. the lights don't turn on, even though LAMP has been installed. and when I call the python program in the command line. lights on.

Thank you.

pcmanbob

Re: ASK

Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:03 pm

Another post with a total lack of information which leaves us guessing :roll:

does not even ask a question just implies one :?

forum does not support mind reading and all the crystal balls are off line ..........................
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

thagrol

Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:15 pm

Perhaps we need two new sticky threads: "How to ask for help" and "Ho to do basic troubleshooting"
This space unintentionally left blank.

pcmanbob

Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:54 pm

thagrol wrote:
Perhaps we need two new sticky threads: "How to ask for help" and "Ho to do basic troubleshooting"
Just 5 mins spent reading some post on the forum should be sufficient for anyone to see how to ask a question and what information to supply, if they cant spend time doing this simple thing I doubt they would read the suggested sticky threads.

the old saying " You Can't Educate Pork" springs to mind. :lol:
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

echmain

Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Even though the subject line says "ASK" (all in caps) the OP never actually asked a question.

So maybe this is an acronym? Association for Stimulating Know-how? Asociacia Slovenskych Kameramanov?

fbe

Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Look into /var/log/apache2/error.log.
Are you aware that your webserver with default configuration cannot access the gpio?

thagrol

Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:12 pm

pcmanbob wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:54 pm
thagrol wrote:
Just 5 mins spent reading some post on the forum should be sufficient for anyone to see how to ask a question and what information to supply, if they cant spend time doing this simple thing I doubt they would read the suggested sticky threads.

the old saying " You Can't Educate Pork" springs to mind. :lol:
You'd think so but clearly not.

Judging by the number of posts that I've seen that I and others have had to respond with "need more info to help", an awful lot of people out there don't know how to ask meaningful questions.

As for basic troubleshooting, that seems to be a skill lacked by many too.

I'm entirely serious in my suggestion. Teaching coding is one part of the whole picture. You need to teach how to ask questions in a useful way and how to trouble shoot as well (otherwise how can you fix your programs when they don't work?)
This space unintentionally left blank.

Return to “General discussion”