rajsingh9471

can anyone guide me how to set Home automation Bridge on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ using LibreElec

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:21 am

can anyone guide me how to set Home automation Bridge on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ using LibreElec

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: can anyone guide me how to set Home automation Bridge on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ using LibreElec

Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Split off, from hijacked thread, renamed and moved here.

Why LibreElec? it makes no sense....

maybe a non sensible spambot post? especially as It was added to an old and obsolete thread.

Will keep an eye on it.

PhatFil

Re: can anyone guide me how to set Home automation Bridge on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ using LibreElec

Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Whats "Home automation Bridge" ?

grininmonkey

Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:52 pm

PhatFil wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:01 pm
Whats "Home automation Bridge" ?
I am aware and have played around with "Homebridge" https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge/w ... spberry-Pi on the Pi ..... my thermostat project is running a hook so that I can use the Apple iHome app to change temp etc.... but I am at a lost on how Kodi LibreElec and Homebridge would work.... I don't know enough on LibreElec... but I thought it was its on baremetal Kodi os ment for home theater stuff... don't think you can run much of anything else on that?

mooblie

Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Well, Kodi is massively extendable using plug-ins. I just looked, and there ARE plug-ins for home automation, to adjust room lighting, etc, (and probably things like room temperature) so mainly revolving around HTPC uses. So, I guess the answer is....yes.

Return to “General discussion”