Mantrid

License keys emails

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi all. I've just received this email:
Thank you for purchasing codec license keys from the Raspberry Pi Store.To enable codecs on your device(s), add the following lines to the config.txt file in the FAT partition of your SD card:

Regards
The Raspberry Pi Foundation
The lack of codes is probably due to the fact I never ordered any codecs, I DID however order 2 raspberry pi t-shirts and got this email the same time more or less as the order status changed.

It is an automated thing that needs fixing or something now we can order more than licenses?

daveg

Re: License keys emails

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 pm

I also got one if these emails.
I had ordered a tshirt, but I have previously bought 2 vc1 and 2 mpeg 2 codec licenses so I assumed it was a delayed message regarding them.

The funny thing is that the lines you need to add to the config.txt file aren't even in the email :lol:

I guess it's some sort of auto mailer from when you could only buy codec licenses and it hasn't been removed or reconfigured sine the tshirt a went on sale

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:19 pm

i've sent an email to the person who is in charge of the store these days to check it out

rdb

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi All,

My apologies for any inconvenience caused by this - it was a minor error that affected only a small number of t-shirt orders over a short period before I noticed it.

Anyone who received a blank license email can rest assured that they have not been given nor been charged for any license orders.

Again, apologies for any inconvenience.

Best,

Rob

gdsmit1

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:27 pm

I received this e-mail and just assumed that it was in error.

I received my t-shirt yesterday and I really like it.

piksel

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 pm

I ordered a shirt and two keys, got the shirt but no keys. So I have the opposite problem :)

Return to “General discussion”