HungryPanda

Re: RS & Allied Update #5 (9th Nov)

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 pm

I recieved my RPi today, via Parcelforce, from RS along with a case and sd card. I got the shipping notice yesterday so I'm very pleased. Just got to find the time to boot it up and get going. Dog walk first of course.

jerwah

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:27 pm

I called allied yesterday and their rep was almost defensive. I kept saying I'm not looking for an expedite, just looking for an estimate. She said they don't know and "it could be months". She also said they're getting a lot of calls. I feel like the Raspberry is getting killed by their awful customer service. I knew it would be a while. That's fine. I really feel like getting some idea for how long "a while" is, isn't an unreasonably request.

edvingrozni

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi to all,

Today I got a mail about the delay in sending the raspberry, I assume that this is generated message which is sent to all who waiting for shipment.

my order number is 1010162xxx and probably I can still count they will send my raspberry to Monday 11/26/2012.

Edvard
I'm from Slovenia

sdjf

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:26 pm

jerwah wrote:I called allied yesterday and their rep was almost defensive. I kept saying I'm not looking for an expedite, just looking for an estimate. She said they don't know and "it could be months".
Please post when you ordered and your 10 digit order number with last 3 digits replaced with x's, so others can benefit more from your information.

You are right, really RS and Allied did not have the infrastructure that would enable them to be able to handle Raspberry Pi sales appropriately. RS may be slowly getting there, but Allied definitely is not, at this point.

The bottom line is that the parent company RS is trying to get Allied to get their act together and post a shipping estimate table, and until they do that, nobody at Allied seems to know anything, except maybe management, and any information they do have is not getting to poor reps that Vic and Mike are telling us to call. So why are they telling us to call our reps? Maybe because of difficulty getting Allied to think that Pi customers matter and deserve better service?
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

kshysio

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:36 pm

I asked RS about delivery time in Poland, and got an answer:
Good Afternoon,
I can only apologise for the delay in delivery of your order and fully understand your frustrations. However the feedback we have been receiving from our customers in Poland is that they are taking delivery of their orders 9 working days after it has been dispatched as stated on the dispatch confirmation you received. Therefore as your order was dispatched Friday 16th November the latest expected date of delivery would be Thursday 29th November. If you do not receive your order by this date please email and we will investigate.
Thank you for your patience.
yeah... middle of nowhere and dragons still living here...
just be blue...

TEKRULEZ

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 am

Hi Mike!
My order number starts with 101020XXXX when you think the product is shipped? I have ordered from RS-Online [Pi Store]... Thanks in advance

sdjf

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:45 am

TEKRULEZ wrote:Hi Mike!
My order number starts with 101020XXXX when you think the product is shipped?
According to the order table, it should be shipped between 10-16 December. You did not say where you live, that will affect transit time.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... s#Delivery

3rd - 9th December 1010184000
10th - 16th December 1010211000
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

gyeben

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:51 am

Does RS use Royal Mail or DHL in Hungary, and how much time does it take for them to ship it?

(order 1010158xxx, got despatch notification on 21 Nov)

freedomotic

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:45 am

Hi,
Yesterday I received the new model 512 mb ordered in july.
Regards
Freedomotic Open IoT Framework
http://freedomotic.com

RaTTuS

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:03 am

freedomotic wrote:Hi,
Yesterday I received the new model 512 mb ordered in july.
Regards
except it was only 256Mb when ordered ;-p
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

Vic@RS

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi all,

With regards to Allied thank you for the information, I have raised this with our counterparts in the US to ensure that customer service teams are providing Raspberry Pi customers with appropriate information, whilst also trying to get a shipping table for you as soon as possible. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

@gyeben – we use DHL mail for our shipments to Hungary

Thanks again for all of your queries and questions

Vic

TEKRULEZ

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:56 pm

sdjf wrote:
TEKRULEZ wrote:Hi Mike!
My order number starts with 101020XXXX when you think the product is shipped?
According to the order table, it should be shipped between 10-16 December. You did not say where you live, that will affect transit time.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... s#Delivery

3rd - 9th December 1010184000
10th - 16th December 1010211000
Hi sdjf, i live in Rome [ITALY].
So the raspberry pi will come to my house for the 10th - 16th December?

Thanks for the support!

adgi

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi,

I recieved my RPi today, via POCZTA POLSKA.
Invoice date - 14 Nov
Email "Your Raspberry Pi Order 1010150130 has been Dispatched" - 16 Nov
Delivery date - 22 Nov

Regards
kshysio wrote:I asked RS about delivery time in Poland, and got an answer:
Good Afternoon,
I can only apologise for the delay in delivery of your order and fully understand your frustrations. However the feedback we have been receiving from our customers in Poland is that they are taking delivery of their orders 9 working days after it has been dispatched as stated on the dispatch confirmation you received. Therefore as your order was dispatched Friday 16th November the latest expected date of delivery would be Thursday 29th November. If you do not receive your order by this date please email and we will investigate.
Thank you for your patience.
yeah... middle of nowhere and dragons still living here...

sdjf

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Vic@RS wrote:
With regards to Allied thank you for the information, I have raised this with our counterparts in the US to ensure that customer service teams are providing Raspberry Pi customers with appropriate information, whilst also trying to get a shipping table for you as soon as possible.
_

Vic, we do appreciate your efforts on our behalf. It would help a lot if the Allied Site could track orders more than 60 or 90 days old. If the back order situation continues or reoccurs, it would save a lot of customer grief and unnecessary calls to reps who do not need to get bogged down with calls they apparently can do nothing about.

kshysio

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:39 pm

adgi wrote:Hi,
I recieved my RPi today, via POCZTA POLSKA.
Invoice date - 14 Nov
Email "Your Raspberry Pi Order 1010150130 has been Dispatched" - 16 Nov
Delivery date - 22 Nov
lucky you... :)
just be blue...

metalloyd

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:35 am

Hi guys,

I received my RPi today tru DHL. Thanks to Roalush for the DHL tracking trick.
My RasPi was dispatched last November 12 and arrived here in the Philippines on Nov. 14. 19 days ahead of the 21 days estimated delivery time but it took several day for the local courier to deliver to my place.

Contrary to Mike@RS post on 19 Nov 2012 17:41
- Manufacturing - We have not yet moved any manufacturing to the UK and continue to use our existing CEMs to manufacture revision 2 boards.
My board is "Made in the UK" with a "Made in China" sticker covering it.
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 4421_n.jpg

- MetaLloyd

jbanks

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:46 am

Vic@RS wrote: For RS website orders these should be stored in your history highlighted in the 'My Account' section of the website, you are able to contact our customer services team on the telephone number or email address highlighted at the bottom of the website to obtain the delivery date for your order.
I did as you said and contacted RS, they told me they couldn't help me and to use raspberrypi@rswww.com who will be able to help me with my order. I've emailed them but so far no reply and I'm not hopeful since you said our order number isn't dealt with by them.

I feel like I'm being ping ponged back and forth here, how should I proceed? (order no. 117515156).

Burngate

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 am

Has RS been using Farnell's silk-screen? or have they bought a job-lot of Farnell's Pis?

raganesh

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:53 am

Ordered two Raspberry Pis on July 17 along with cases. Order # 1010163xxx.

Delivered in India today by DHL. Invoice dated November 20 (three days ago).

Devices are version 2 with 512 MB (thanks RS :-)). The packaging was good and done well.

Looks like RS is slightly ahead of the schedule published at the start of this thread.

Vic@RS

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi all,

Thanks again for the posts, there are a few points raised in these that I intend to investigate further for you.

@jbanks - please can you tell me which country you are located in so I can, a) try to get you an update and b) ensure that the customer services department in that country is aware of how to assist customers who placed their order on RS websites.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I shall be unable to respond to your posts/questions/queries until Monday morning.

Thanks
Vic

jbanks

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Vic@RS wrote:Hi all,

Thanks again for the posts, there are a few points raised in these that I intend to investigate further for you.

@jbanks - please can you tell me which country you are located in so I can, a) try to get you an update and b) ensure that the customer services department in that country is aware of how to assist customers who placed their order on RS websites.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I shall be unable to respond to your posts/questions/queries until Monday morning.

Thanks
Vic
UK, Manchester.

Thanks for looking into this as I seem to have exhausted all other options.

JONO25

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:44 pm

How about RS refunding those who are sick and tired of waiting and have cancelled. After going through the cancellation procedure was told refund would take 14 days. 6 weeks later and still waiting and can't contact them other than by email. No response of course. Rip off merchants.

Dont do business with a company like this.

sdjf

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:06 pm

I wonder how many of the emails unanswered by RS are due to their mailbox being full and the senders not getting those failed deliveries back? Lame excuse, mailboxes need to be cleared regularly, but there are lots of reasons mail does not get through so anybody who does not hear back from RS within a week or two, I wonder if they should resend their request if they never got a confirmation of it?

Another thing RS might consider would be a robot telling people their emails had arrived and assigning a case number to each email. That might be wise under the circumstances.

musgo

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi all!

I ordered my rasp on 6th Nov at RS before knowing anything about them. I am 1010204xxx. They estimate my shipping on 16th Dec.

I ordered another rasp at Farnell on 11th Nov, it shipped today, will arrive to Spain on 28th Nov (UPS words).

I write this lines just for helping other pals about partner choice. ;)

Sorry my crappy english. :oops:

Regards

Roalush

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:05 am

I would like to say one positive thing about RS. They are the only supplier who sales the RPI for 35$! Plus they offer cheap 8$ express shipping worldwide.

At the start their costumer service was poor but they improved.

By mid December when they clear their backlog they will be the favorite supplier once again I have no doubt. People have short memory.

Return to “General discussion”