metalloyd

Re: RS & Allied Update #5 (9th Nov)

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:36 am

Vic@RS, Mike@RS,

Kindly check the status of my Raspberry Pi order (1010137572) Date of order Mon, 02 Jul 2012, 11:12 AM.
I didn't received any dispatch confirmation mail from RS. I only got this email "Your Raspberry Pi Order is being upgraded".
Based on the new shipping table, it should have been dispatched last week (5th - 11th November : 1010139000).

Delivery address: Philippines

- Thanks

kshysio

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:07 pm

basha wrote:But RS promise to give order tracking, when I am ordering way back in July.
It is clearly mentioned on order confirmation mail.
I was also assured "Once your order has been despatched we will send you further details on shipment and courier, to help track your delivery. "
currently no tracking information. I hope courier will have my phone number :?
just be blue...

sdjf

Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:20 am

@TeaAddict: Hmm, the current estimated shipment date table from RS only shows 101016300 as the cutoff, so I would guess your order 1010163XXX would ship between 26 Nov and 2 Dec.:

19th - 25th November 1010163000
26th Nov - 2nd December 1010175000

What is likely confusing you is the fact that the staff at the Allied USA Site were telling people that they would get Revision 1, 256MB boards if they had outstanding orders from the USA site placed before October 15 (which Vic says is not the case), but according to your order number, you ordered from the RS UK site and should get a 512 MB Version 2 like everyone else.

As to speed, they say allow 21 working days for shipment outside of the UK. Vic@RS has said that everyone will get their Pi's by Christmas but I have no idea if that includes the DHL shipments to the USA as well. I chose not to order from the RS UK site because of the lack of tracking and added expense of DHL shipping from the UK, compared to domestic shipping from Allied Elec in the USA.

Maybe someone else who has gotten DHL in the USA can tell you how long that takes from RS in the UK.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

TeaAddict

Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:43 am

TY sdjf!
should get a 512 MB Version 2 like everyone else
WHEW! That's a relief. Thanks. I had been getting my hopes up for the 512MB version (faster web browsing) and Rev2.0 (updated GPIO), and seeing some of the things on this thread startled me! Just wanted to make sure
n00b at electronics, n00b at programming...

But EXPERT at asking questions

basha

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:17 am

Surprisingly, I got my Pi yesterday from DHL . It delivered within two days to Sri Lanka.

Second surprise
Board is rev 2 but it is made in China.
My understanding was, rev 2 boards only manufacturing in UK.
Or RS rev 2 boards are manufacturing in China.
Can someone confirm this.

I am adding few pictures.
basha wrote:Finally, I got reply from RS after inquiring about the order with several mails.
Never received dispatch confirmation mail.
here is the reply from RS

Code: Select all

Good Afternoon,

Good News! Your order, containing the latest version of the Raspberry Pi with 512mb RAM, was dispatched on today Friday 16/11/12. On your dispatch confirmation email it states that we are expecting shipping to take 5 working days for European countries, and 21 working days for countries outside of Europe. As for tracking information, we are sending via DHL Post, which has no track and trace capability for customers.

If you do not receive your package within this time frame please email raspberrypi@rswww.com  with your order reference and we will investigate into the location of your package. If you require a change of details I am afraid we cannot amend shipping addresses at the point of dispatch. However once delivery has been attempted and failed we will attempt to get in contact with you regarding either an updated or alternate address.
Thank you for your patience
Raspberry Pi Team 
But RS promise to give order tracking, when I am ordering way back in July.
It is clearly mentioned on order confirmation mail.
Attachments
20121118_153726_1.jpg
20121118_153726_1.jpg (46.24 KiB) Viewed 4548 times
20121118_151848_1.jpg
20121118_151848_1.jpg (40.33 KiB) Viewed 4548 times
20121118_151109.jpg
20121118_151109.jpg (35.13 KiB) Viewed 4548 times

larstas

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:12 pm

It's Sunday and still no dispatch notification from RS about order #1010149XXX shipped...
What's going on?

larstas

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:27 am

Have just received a call from local DHL office. They promise, I'll get my second RasPi today.
@Vic, @Mike, no dispatch mail from RS. Check it please for others not to get into such situation. I'm not the first one, who did not receive your message.

Vic@RS

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for all of your posts.

We are currently investigating a few issues highlighted by you in these posts so will respond later today when we have the necessary information.

@sdjf – thank you for providing this information, I shall raise the concerns/queries with our US counterparts to understand the situation. If you can PM me your order number I shall investigate this particular order, as well as getting a general update for all other Allied customers (apologies if you have already sent your order number in a previous post)

@metalloyd – your order was despatched 12/11/12. Please allow 21 working days for delivery

Thanks
Vic

tuxedoar

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi,

My RasPi was supposed to be dispatched last week but I haven't received any e-mail notification about it. My RS order number is 010151XXX. Is it possible that it has already been dispatched?

Thanks!.

Regards.
Last edited by tuxedoar on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Roalush

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I've found a way to track DHL shipments even if you do not know if your order was dispatched, by using this link:

http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/ ... rence.html

shipper reference is your full order reference 1010XXXXXX
account number is 130971160
that is all you need to know. Choose dates from 10 days ago to today and your country. That's it.

Worked for me - now I know I have a shipment coming tomorrow even though I've heard nothing from RS or DHL.

Let me know if it worked for you.

basha

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi Roalush,
This is great find.
I have checked with my order details which I have already recevied.
It is working like a charm.

I have started new thread with this and requesting to sticky this.
It will help many people to track their orders from RS

Many thank again.
Roalush wrote:Hi everyone,

I've found a way to track DHL shipments even if you do not know if your order was dispatched, by using this link:

that is all you need to know. Choose dates from 10 days ago to today and your country. That's it.

Worked for me - now I know I have a shipment coming tomorrow even though I've heard nothing from RS or DHL.

Cotard

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 pm

My order arrive today. Order number 1442xx . Thanks RS. :roll:

tuxedoar

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:17 pm

tuxedoar wrote:Hi,

My RasPi was supposed to be dispatched last week but I haven't received any e-mail notification about it. My RS order number is 010151XXX. Is it possible that it has already been dispatched?

Thanks!.

Regards.
Nevermind!. I've just received the mail notification saying that my order has already been dispatched!. :)

Thanks!.

adgi

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi,

For me this method does not work. Order 1010150xxx.
I sent email to RaspberryPi@ with question about my tracking number.
Without answer.

Mike@RS

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi All,

As highlighted earlier by Vic please find some further information to your queries below:

- Manufacturing - We have not yet moved any manufacturing to the UK and continue to use our existing CEMs to manufacture revision 2 boards.

- Parcel tracking - Overseas orders are primarily being sent through DHL Mail. While no tracking facility is available using this shipping route we are sending all customers a shipping notification email when their order is despatched. Emails are sent to the email address captured at time of order.

- Allied orders - after speaking to our US counterparts we can confirm that they are now shipping 512MB boards and will continue to fulfil all existing orders with the upgraded version of the boards. We are working with the team to try to confirm all despatch dates for outstanding orders and are also trying to create a shipping table similar to that on this post.

Thanks
Mike

sdjf

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Mike@RS: Thank you, I am looking forward to that shipping table.

You might not know that there is at least partial tracking of DHL orders available, according to the following thread, at the DHL url indicated below:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 64#p217364

FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

kshysio

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:55 pm

I entered my order 1010150075 and got a message:
"No result found for your query. Please try again" It is look like my RPi is still in warehouse, or sent by another courier service... even I got email from RS that Expected Delivery by Mail within:-
5 Working Days for European destinations.
it was dispatched last Friday, so... :/
just be blue...

kshysio

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:42 pm

my curiosity made me do some things, so I try DHL page posted by Roalush end enter some random reference numbers (close mine) :mrgreen:
for example: 1010150301 was send to Indonesia at Thursday, November 15, 2012 and 1010150026 to Taiwan was picked up at Friday, November 16, 2012. The number is not a absolute determinant of the dispatch order :D
just be blue...

cosmo

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Any word on how this applies to orders placed with Allied after Nov 9th? (ordered mine one day later, on the 10th). My order# is 2500367XXX.

I ordered a case along with a power supply and cable as well, but after I ordered, I realized I already have a power supply and cable that should work, so I tried sending an email to inquire if those items could be omitted (as well as asking if there was an estimate on how long the order might take), but I never heard back.

I know I haven't been waiting as long as many others have, but I am eager to get my hands on this to start playing with it. One of my plans is to see if I can use it for halloween next year; my goal is to create a working 'photo booth' costume that wll automatically take and upload photos to a server (or even email directly to the people). Hopefully the camera module will be working and for sale by then (I should probably order it as soon as it is released in case demand creates a similar shortage.). Also hoping a small DSI display is in the works as well.

rew

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Wohooo! Got a "your pi has shipped" notice last week, and someone with an order number only 1000 below mine has recieved his. Any moment now.
Check out our raspberry pi addons: https://www.bitwizard.nl/shop/

Jako

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:26 am

Well, for what i know, overseas are delivered by DHL, but inside europe who make that work?
I don't will tolerate to see a higher order number reaching a destiny at asia on 4 days and a lower one traveling from "who knows" to spain have more delay. I don't know why that things happends (or yes), but 5 days are 5 days. I received a delivery mail from rs last friday (late too), but how many times rs say something and happends another?
Now is to late to try to do better the things, so sad to see that they enjoy a holidays at summer with a money that don't deserves and now with xmas triying the same play. Is better to finish what is started, make a sacrifice at holidays, and start with a clean path to recover the lost trust of the people next year. But no, is better to make bigger the ball and allow people to do more orders, with their forwarded money.
I don't have a medium to believe, no parcel trace inside europe (great help). I only know that i had paid ago 20 weeks (or more sure) for nothing. What a deal...
On my next order i will pay 5 months later to see the funny reaction of paypal and the rest of the chain.
I give up, my last post about RS. Good bye. I hope the worst from them.
Sorry, my english is awful, like me. XD

jbanks

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Like RiccardoMoretti my order number is 11xxx, rather than 1010xxx. My order number is 117515156. I purchased through the rs website on July 16th. Where do I fit on this table. Is it as simple as turning 117515156 into 101017515156?

Why do we need to come to a forum to find our shipping estimate. Why haven't we been emailed it and why isn't it displayed on your tracking site?

Vic@RS

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi All,

Just to confirm the differences with order numbers please find information as follows.
Any order number starting 1010XXXXXX (10 digits long) was placed on our dedicated Raspberry Pi store (http://authenticate.rsdelivers.com/ ). The table in this thread relates to orders placed via this site.
Those of you with order numbers that are different to this, your order would have been placed on either your local RS website or the Allied Electronics website. For RS website orders these should be stored in your history highlighted in the 'My Account' section of the website, you are able to contact our customer services team on the telephone number or email address highlighted at the bottom of the website to obtain the delivery date for your order.
For those of you who placed your order on the Allied website please contact the Allied customer services team to understand your delivery date. As highlighted in an earlier post from Mike we are currently working with our US counterparts and are trying to create a similar shipping table for Allied orders.

Thanks
Vic

gyeben

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:49 am

Do you use Royal Mail or DHL to ship to Hungary? Also, can my parents get the package if I'm not at home?

jbanks

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Vic@RS wrote:Hi All,
Those of you with order numbers that are different to this, your order would have been placed on either your local RS website or the Allied Electronics website. For RS website orders these should be stored in your history highlighted in the 'My Account' section of the website, you are able to contact our customer services team on the telephone number or email address highlighted at the bottom of the website to obtain the delivery date for your order.
There is no email address at the bottom of the website, and the contact us page (http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... contact-us) gives a 404.

Emailing the address that confirmed our order (RSOnline.uk@rs-components.com) gives this error.
Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

RSOnline.uk@rs-components.com
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.
Could you please give me an email address that I can query or give me an ETA update for order number 117515156.

Return to “General discussion”