Lob0426

Re: RS & Allied Update #5 (9th Nov)

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:13 am

jamesh wrote:
Lob0426 wrote:
Vic@RS wrote:Thank you for your replies. We can confirm that we are no longer shipping Version 1.0 boards for new orders.
Orders of Version 1.0 boards which were unable to be delivered will be re-sent as Version 1.0 boards.
If for any reason a Version 1.0 board has been returned due to a fault, again we will replace with a Version 1.0 model.
All other orders will receive a Version 2.0 board.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Regards
Vic
So those of you that waited more than 16 weeks to get a RasPi are just out of luck! Thank you for your patience!
OK, you have made your point (multiple times). Think it's time to drop it now, don't you?
My intent was to warn, those that order from RS/Allied, of what I believe was/is a dishonest policy.

@sdjf: I have not heard of further shipments of ver. 1.0's lately. But there was a statement of a 21 day (business days I believe) shipping period for boards that were shipped by RS out of country. So hopefully we will not hear about any more ver 1.0's being delivered from now on. The shipping period should now be over.

The Foundation is not allowed to comment on any of this due to their contracts with their partners.
So I guess I will drop it until the next time!
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

pigeta

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:38 am

hi, my order number is 1010152633, but i don't recive any mail that confirm the order is shipping.Can you tell me something?

sdjf

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:37 am

@Lob0426: You know I have been watching this closely. I checked, and the last two vers. 1 boards received by customers of Allied US site I could find received their Pis 15 and 17 of Oct, with the latter likely to have been shipped before the 15th. Complaints of vers 1 receipts after that all seemed to be foreign shipments from the UK, usually who did not receive any notification of alleged shipments before the 15th. No way to know for sure actual shipment dates when no shipment emails were received by the customers.

Whatever higher level management policies and plans have been at RS, I think that Mike and Vic there are trying. It remains to be seen whether they can come through as promised. It is very aggravating the way Allied Electric USA has been handling their end - at this point, one or more IT folks are likely scurrying, trying to flesh out a shipping table for Allied US site customers. With a system in place that cannot find orders more than 60 or 90 days old, it may be presenting quite a challenge.

I just hope they do not force higher shipping fees on those waiting in the queue whose credit cards have not been charged, in order to rush boards out by Christmas. There will be a lot of screaming if they ship boards out overnight to folks who wanted standard delivery, without asking customers if they are willing to pay for faster service than was requested at the time of ordering. My July order is hopefully earlier enough in the present queue that I will see my Pi within the next few weeks and not get affected by the Christmas rush.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

Vic@RS

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Vic@RS wrote: In terms of the returns policy and the charges, we are awaiting confirmation on this point and will get back to you all via this forum either this afternoon or tomorrow.
Hi All, regarding my post from yesterday, please below for clarification on returns and charges:
Pi Store Customers (personal)
Orders placed on the Pi Store can be returned in 30 days of receipt and will not incur a handling or re-stocking charge, so long as the goods are returned in a saleable manner
RS Web Customers (business)
Please see the terms and conditions regarding returns here: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... conditions
Please note: This is for UK business customers only. For orders placed trough a RS website outside of the UK, please visit your local RS website for applicable terms and conditions.
I hope this helps with the confusion!
Vic

sdjf

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:02 pm

pigeta wrote:hi, my order number is 1010152633, but i don't recive any mail that confirm the order is shipping.
Shipping Table makes it look like your order 1010152633 should be shipping this week or next week at the latest if they are running behind. Judging from others' posts, you may not get the shipping email before you receive your Pi, unless you live far away from the UK and shipping takes a long time.

12th - 18th November will ship thru orders numbered 1010154000

But you left one digit off your actual order number in your post, so if it is not of the 10 digit format 1010153xxx then your shipping time will be different.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

Jako

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:46 pm

@Pigeta
Looks like that this table become obselete now (in less than a week!). Yesterday some 143000 orders was shipped. My order 149000 was not dispatched (outside uk, no mail). Tomorrow is friday... with some luck the rasp will be drop at any agency and will lost another 2 or 3 days on the uk, but my brain (tiny but works) says to me that it don't will happend soon. :? I hope that @sdfj have the reason and i am wrong.
To make the wait more funny i will do an order from china tonight to start a race and watch who wins.
Another continent ship vs RS expected stock!!!!

Thanks to Vic and James for the fast answers. I am agree with you @james about the 512 stock, i think someone ( :roll: ) didn't done very well the homework at summer, and sounds like greedy enough to allow make more orders with that situation. To win a holidays, first is better to work for them. But back to the "change", nevers would be a good moment, true. The other part... i'm from the side who thinks that is better to decrease the 256 pi price the last month and finish the stock fast. The only looser would be the store that have delays... the others no because they are shipping at time. Right?

@Vic, sorry, i know that rs are working hard now (yes, now), but the patience have a limit, and it was reached by that insane (apologizes for the expresion :cry:) politic about the orders and continous delays.

Again, sorry about my bad english. That post could looks like some angry, but is not the case, is more sad than anything.
Sorry, my english is awful, like me. XD

Vic@RS

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Jako wrote:@Pigeta
Looks like that this table become obselete now (in less than a week!).
HI All,
@Jako I have not been informed of any shipping delays so the table is still valid. If your Pi has not already been dispatched, I expect it will be tomorrow. In the meantime, I will investigate the query around dispatch emails and let you know soon.
Vic

Cotard

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Today: Your Raspberry Pi Order 1010144XXX has been Dispatched (Automated Email)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

sdjf

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Allied customers are still being told that boards ordered in July will not be shipped for 6-8 weeks, which in my book, means after Christmas. See the following post from today:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 21#p215621

If RS truly intends to ship all outstanding Pi orders before Christmas, including to Allied USA site customers, then the Allied USA staff need to be told!

The first post in that thread was in a similar vein, another Allied US site customer who was told by Allied that their August order would not be shipped until January.

Apyrael

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:28 am

Hello

I ordered my Raspberry Pi on the 17th of July 2012. My order number starts with 1010164xxx

After looking at the shipping table in the post http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=22508 it says that it should be shipping between the 26th of Nov and 2nd of December. Can anyone confirm that this will be true or at least point me somewhere that I will be able to check this?

Regards
Apyrael

kshysio

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:48 am

Hi,
My order date of Pi: Fri, 06 Jul 2012, 09:09 AM
today got an e-mail: Your Raspberry Pi Order 1010150xxx has been Dispatched
I ordered together with black case - I hope it will all come soon...

there is a hope... :)
just be blue...

basha

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 am

kshysio wrote:Hi,
My order date of Pi: Fri, 06 Jul 2012, 09:09 AM
today got an e-mail: Your Raspberry Pi Order 1010150xxx has been Dispatched
I ordered together with black case - I hope it will all come soon...

there is a hope... :)
That is strange.....
My order number is 1010149XXX and I have placed my ordered in 4th July.
I have not got any shipping confirmation yet from RS. :( :( :( :(

RS= Ridiculously Slow

larstas

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:54 am

basha wrote: That is strange.....
My order number is 1010149XXX and I have placed my ordered in 4th July.
I have not got any shipping confirmation yet from RS. :( :( :( :(
Same here. No confirmation for 1010149XXX order. No cases, no accessories were ordered - just a single RasPi...
What the heck?
Are they joking, or again our range is skipped over?

Brickart

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi, just for Information:

Ordered on 4th of July with pre order from 12th of June (Order 1010145xxx)
No cases and no accessories were ordered - just the single RasPi

Upgrade information this monday, and dispatch mail yesterday.

Now it seems like I would get it this year :)

HungryPanda

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:42 pm

After waiting so long for my order from RS (I know there were supply problems) I ordered another Pi from Farnell on November 12th. Received this email today:

Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that your Raspberry Pi will be despatched by the end of next week (23/11/2012).

You will receive a confirmation email prior to your Raspberry Pi being shipped.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Farnell element14

Vic@RS

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Vic@RS wrote: In the meantime, I will investigate the query around dispatch emails and let you know soon.
Hi All - I can confirm that we are sending dispatch emails with every board shipped.
In terms of orders being sent out of sequence, we are still working through all the scheduled orders and today we will ship up to 3.000 boards. Please bear with us and look out for your confirmation email.
Regards Vic

kjell

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Just to let you know:
This morning i received a dispatch confirmation for order number 1010147920.
I live in sweden.

sdjf

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:05 pm

@Vic@RS: Allied USA Customers who are still waiting are getting told their orders will not ship until after Christmas. This week's complaints are in the thread titled "This is Just Silly". Please investigate. First post is followed at this point, by one more in similar issue, one of them was told ship 6-8 weeks, the other January, for orders placed respectively in July and August.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=22915
Last edited by sdjf on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbryenton

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi, my pi (order#147xxx) has arrived, came by parcelforce this morning. I received an email from parcelforce yesterday to say it had been dispatched from rs using express24 parcel service.

basha

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Finally, I got reply from RS after inquiring about the order with several mails.
Never received dispatch confirmation mail.
here is the reply from RS

Code: Select all

Good Afternoon,

Good News! Your order, containing the latest version of the Raspberry Pi with 512mb RAM, was dispatched on today Friday 16/11/12. On your dispatch confirmation email it states that we are expecting shipping to take 5 working days for European countries, and 21 working days for countries outside of Europe. As for tracking information, we are sending via DHL Post, which has no track and trace capability for customers.

If you do not receive your package within this time frame please email raspberrypi@rswww.com  with your order reference and we will investigate into the location of your package. If you require a change of details I am afraid we cannot amend shipping addresses at the point of dispatch. However once delivery has been attempted and failed we will attempt to get in contact with you regarding either an updated or alternate address.
Thank you for your patience
Raspberry Pi Team 
But RS promise to give order tracking, when I am ordering way back in July.
It is clearly mentioned on order confirmation mail.

Miskatonic

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:44 pm

When my order 1010201xxx will be dispatched ? I live in France.

cheers

sdjf

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:22 pm

The order number shipping table is on this next page:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... s#Delivery

So order 1010201xxx should be dispatched by today, according to the following from the above page;
ship date - orders thru number
10th - 16th December 1010211000
17th - 23rd December 1010246000

Miskatonic

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:24 pm

Thanks for the info. So should I worry that i didn't got any email about the sending information ?

TeaAddict

Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:11 am

The posts on here have been confusing. So just to clear things up 100%:

I ordered my Raspberry Pi from RS, on July 16th. My order number is 1010163XXX. I'm in the USA. Will i get a Rev1.0 board, or Rev2.0? 256MB, or 512MB? I originally ordered a Rev1.0 256, obviously.

Also, just out of curiosity, after it has shipped, how long will it take for delivery?
n00b at electronics, n00b at programming...

But EXPERT at asking questions

CyberPunk

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:25 am

Finally my Pi arrived yesterday evening.

Ordered on 3rd of July, I only had known about the delay through this forum. No emails from RS, nothing, since 12th of November, when an email arrived telling me my Pi order was being upgraded.
First I thought why not an email saying my Pi has been dispatched. Then on November the 14th an email arrived saying:

"Your Raspberry Pi Order 1010140689 has been Dispatched"

YAY!

Than I was hoping it would arrive on Monday or Tuesday because of the 5 working Days for European destinations. But yesterday evening the doorbell rang and DHL gave me this big Letter RS written all over it. \o/ :D

Oh and its a Rev 2 512MB Board, mounting holes, chip says "4G".

Return to “General discussion”