Birmingham

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:16 am

Hey guys I'm a programmer by trade, programmer by night. I've been programming over 15 years!

Did I mention i like to program? :lol:

mseries18

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:46 pm

My second post, maybe this should have been my first.
MSeries, the same MSeries you might have seen on comp.lang.java and comp.lamg.java.gui in the early 2000s. IT professional with over 30 years experience, used UNIX in 1984 at Uni. 20 years Java experience. Use mostly Java on the RPi.

Stephbaker

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:15 am

Hello, I am Stephannie Baker an I am an electrical engineer. I love learning more about engineering and gaining more knowledge. I am here to learn and get more information as well as help the members out there are any queries that I can solve. I hope I can coz the people are pretty well-informed!!!

MikeHurley

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Hello ,
my name is Mike Hurley. I am an out and out mainframer that is why Im a fan of the Pi, because its true to the core of computing.
Im using my PIs and accessories to subliminaly educate myself and my children whilst we enjoy playing around with computing and electronics, and also as a learning medium to teach the English language to French kids.
I vote for Eben to be on either DWTS or I'm A Celebrity as thats where the PI world should be, its done a great service to many.
Remember there is no such thing as the cloud, its just somebody elses computer.

protechtrader

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Hello my name is Al and I have been into electronics my whole life. From taking apart and repairing as a child, through school and careers all have been related or directly working on electronic circuits. I was a service technician, a tech trainer, and a IT Engineer. I have always been interested in embedded computing and wireless and use SBCs in many projects. I run a small e-commerce business, ]that primarily focus is DIY electronics and makers. Our main products are electronic kits, parts, and components.
Raspberry PI & Orange Pi Combo Power Adapter on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/ProTechTrader-Raspberry-Adapter-4-0x1-7mm-Converter/dp/B07KL5MS3N?tag=solderingir02-20

pmposse

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:50 am

Hello, I'm Al, currently I have a bushel of Pi's blasting media around my house and also some nice retro game stuff, I'm also mucking about with a couple of Zero projects.

Yanazake

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:20 pm

Hello, I'm Yanazake. I've always been one to like having a really customizable machine in my hands, and the Raspberry Pi came to my attention recently. I'm not good with circuitry and stuff, but maybe I can come up with something if I can be patient and have some helping hands.

DaisyRose

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:38 am

Hiya all I'm Daisy, nice to meet you all :-)
Love to code 3>

RaspbianDK

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:42 am

Hey everyone. My name is Mads, and im from Denmark. I dont have much experience coding, but i'm definitely trying to better myself within this field. Im also the owner of a webshop, selling AV equipment

simples59

Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi all, I am Bill, long time lurker and pi fan. No expert by any means when it comes to the pi and all that it does. Hopefully I can add a little something to the forum along the way :idea:

Ron M

Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Hello
My name is Ron and came across the Raspberry Pi while reading the manual of a navigation program called OpenCPN, had no idea what it was, did some research (I really thought it was a raspberry pie and someone was being facetious haha) then took the plunge intending to use it as a stand alone chartplotter/navigation system, being more of a hardware and windows person was totally confused, (what in the world is a repository haha). now three weeks later with lots of walking away in disgust it is starting to fall into place, so much so that the laptop is used as a back up device. I have noticed there are several references to Plymouth, and am wondering if that is a reference to Plymouth England, I do know the Plymouth College of Techmology has a a very active IT department and if I had not joined the Royal Navy probably would have gone there. So now the goal is to build my navigation system and anything else I can think of and follow Sir Francis Chichester's route across the Atlantic and sail into the Barbican in Plymouth using the Raspberry Pi (along with another Raspberry Pi as a back-up).

rakan23

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:21 pm

I am Malvika Shanker. I'm soon to be 23 years of age. Having completed my Masters in English literature and language, I am now pursuing law out of sheer love and interest in the subject. I also have a Visharad in Bharatanatyam. And a degree in Nursery Teaching.

ChrisWr

Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:32 am

Hi I'm Chris, Programmer and Website Designer by trade. Hoping to learn some tips to teach my little boy how to code games and use the RaspberryPi.

eggy72

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:16 am

Hi All

My name is Greg and i am 46 years young :) Born in Poland, lived in Italy in the 80s but only few years, moved to Canada ( YYZ and YYC ) then after 30 years in Canada moved back to Europe and currently live and work in Germany. My computer interest started in the early 80s with the introduction to ZX80 , Amstrad and C64. :) Since then computers have been part of my life, through working on number of computer programming projects, web site design, and now working in AV / IT industry. Now getting more into Pi with few projects i would love to get done next year. In my time outside of work i try to spend as much time with my family as possible. My interests besides the obvious is music, movies, geocaching and photography.

Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Hope to met new people and continue learning :)

Greg

GrinEngy

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:02 pm

Hey all my name is Chris, 25, work as a product engineer and part time programmer. Looking forward to working on my new raspberrypi with my little one. Guess what he's got from Santa!

One hour to go til Xmas as I post this, best get to bed otherwise I'll upset Santa. :mrgreen:

RonaldLPena

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:12 am

Hey, Ronald, this side from Canada. Would love to connect with you puys & help this community.

jshslat

Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:34 am

Hey I'm Josh from the UK, love programming small games in my spare time and tinkering with my RasberryPi... website designer by profession.

Hopefully I can learn new things here :)

dakure

Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:50 am

Hi I am Francesc from Barcelona.
Thank you all community and mostly developers of this RPI killing machine.
I am sure will have more questions than answers but will try my best. :D
:arrow:

macHVD

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi,

I'm Hedwig and I'm from Belgium.

I have an intrest in digital electronics in general and Raspberry PI in particular, programming and starting with Fusion 360 and 3D printing.
From education I'm programmer - but that is already a long time about ;-)

I already learned a lot from this community, and hope to get to the point that I myself can post some hints/solutions.

theGnome

Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:15 am

Hi i am theGnome and I am an alco... Wait... Wrong introduction... Let me try that again...

Hi I am theGnome and I like long walks on the.... Wait wait... Wrong introduction. One more time!

Hii I am theGnome. And I am a programmer. I been wanting to get into the RPi stuff for a few years now, since I heard about them in college so early 2000s. I want to make a real breakthrough in UI/UX development and design for the future (looking at you Augmented and Virtual Realities) with emphasis for those that are medically incapable of clicking, walking, seeing, hearing, etc.

BrotherPrime

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:34 am

Hi all,

I'm Chris from Brisbane, Australia. I run a small tech consulting company that mostly caters to small businesses... but I'm also a tinkerer at heart.

My background is heavily Windows based, but after running through a few projects with the help of some very smart Linux/Pi people, I'm slowly stepping into a whole new world.

I've got a number of Pi based projects happening at the moment so I'm sure you'll see me in the "Troubleshooting" section!

duxman

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:29 pm

Good afternoon everyone.

Hi i am duxman and introduce myself as a fan of raspberrys I think I have at home about 6 for different utilities.

a greeting

Michelino

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:18 pm

Hello,

I'm Michel, 27, and I decided to start off the new year with Pi! First discovered these little gadgets when I read about a motorized skateboard half a year ago and now I am expecting my own 3B+ in the mail tomorrow!

A complete lack of programming skill or affinity for hardware, but a curious child at heart who wishes to learn. I'll be proud if I can turn it on and keep it running. From there we'll take baby steps...

bin10

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:17 pm

Hey all! I'm new here, and new to the world of Pi in general. I've looked at both Pi and Arduino in the past, and I went with a Pi. I got a CanaKit starter kit with a Pi 3 B+. I'm not new to hardware in general, but I am new to designing/building circuits as well as the world of electronics engineering.

My dad was pretty good with electronics. I recall him fixing broken connections in various devices by re-soldering connections that had broken, and things of that nature. He was also a computer hardware guy. He was the neighborhood "fix it" when it came to computers. I followed him and his work for several years growing up, but I ended up going the software route.

Forward to today, I'm a professional software engineer with about 7 years of professional experience, but I've been programming for about 20 years in total. I'm a polyglot, and the languages I've used in any capacity range from C++ (my first ever language) all the way to web technologies, databases, desktop applications, Java, C#, Python, some x86 ASM and so on.

I'm looking forward to learning and building with the Pi. I've already received some solid help here, and I hope to eventually be able to contribute in such a way myself.

So ... hi!

rexster

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:48 am

Hi guys,

Rex here, happy to join here and would love to learn more. Currently I'm interested in building any that used a raspberry pi and someday I can make my own project.

Thank you.

Return to “General discussion”