FlyinDog

Re: Introduce yourself!

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi
My name is Andy and I am a bit of a lateral thinker when it comes to projects. I am newer than new to Pi and have a project in mind and looking to the community for help get it off the ground and completed for a very special show in July 2016. I know it's a long way off, but you dont know how much hard work I am :lol:

Pointers in the right direction and lots of patience required.

Andy

TrapdoorSmoke

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:26 pm

I'm TrapdoorSmoke I'm Crazy (And I don't ever search google before posting a topic on the forums) And I don't use google anyway I use DuckDuckGo (they don't spy on you!)

1. I don't use proprietary software.
2. I don't use Windows.
3. Facebook is evil.
4. NSA is Watching you and listening to you. :shock:

They first Linux based project I did is getting Linux running on a UK sky settopbox.
That was soooo hard. :x

sanpedrodave

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:17 am

Hello Raspberries
I'm spdave from Southern California ready to learn programming and Linux from my lil' Pi. What a cool device and forum to learn from. Thanks! :D

tanix2

Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:04 am

I'm Tanweer, 19 years studying Telecommunication Engineering, can work with website developing, good at programming, love computers & interested in Internet of Things since my childhood, due to lack of resources just few days ago have been able to afford electronic components but at the same time busy in exams so can't start working on my ideas at the moment :D

ddelgado77

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:27 pm

Hello I'm Donny from Texas. Looking to start some cool projects with the raspberry pi. Can't wait to get a few raspberries!

Xav_UK

Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:41 pm

I'm Mark, from the UK. I'm a programmer by trade, but in my spare time I write the Elvie comic strip for Linux Voice. I also write a regular Inkscape column for Full Circle Magazine, as well as occasional articles for LV. And I run a Code Club at a nearby primary school, too.

In addition to Elvie, I write (and sometimes help to illustrate) a couple of other humorous comic strips, together with a friend of mine. Most of our strips (there are over 200 of them now!) are also available to download as source files, complete with hidden Easter Eggs, from our website: http://www.peppertop.com

Adrianfu

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:54 pm

My name is Adrian I live in Australia (don't hold that against me) Was born in England in the 50's. I have an interest in things electronic. I like building things. I have been using Arduino for the last couple of years but heard about the Pi's awhile ago and would like to get to try them out. I am retired but like to keep my brain active

Adrian

RustySocket

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:59 am

Hi, I go by Rusty. I ordered my first pi on a whim, just to have something to learn and to keep my brain occupied. I don't really have a specific project in mind, but I have always been into cars, rc airplanes, helicopters and most recently quadcopters. I don't have much programming experience but am persistant and I can usually figure things out if I can get pointed in the right direction. I've been on internet forums since usenet days and am not afraid to search for the answers.

Right now I'm just researching and seeing what is possible. I have a 2B kit on the way, a couple of books to read, a simple keyboard and mouse and am currently researching what I want to use for a screen. I don't have anything with an HDMI input so will have to purchase something.

I'm here to read FAQ's and just get a general idea of everything that is available. I've put this off for too long.

mikuc87

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Hi, mikuc87 here. I plan to buy myself a RPi for christmas.

theporter2000

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:21 pm

hi im gordon ive had various computers over the years but dont understand modules or some bbc commands

kwaktastic

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:37 am

Hey there RPi community! My name is Edward. I'm a California native currently living in South Korea teaching English. Digital Marketing guy by training/education/career but decided to live in Korea to explore my family roots. While here I've been learning to code in my spare time and decided to try my hands at RPi. Not sure what projects to get started with yet. Receiving my Pi2 hopefully tomorrow! Looking forward to learning and contributing! :D

WilhelmTel

Hallo

Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:48 am

Ik zoek een Raspberry Pi expert, die samen met mij, een aantal zaken tegen vergoeding wil uitzoeken.
Met name gaat mijn interesse uit naar het gedeelte van vormherkenningssoftware en de toepassingen daar van.
Ik ben woonachtig en werkzaam in Sneek en zoek iemand in de buurt die kan helpen dit verder te ontwikkelen.
Met vriendelijke groet,
Jan W Tel
[MOD EDIT - phone number removed from post]

linderman

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:43 am

Hey all,

My name is: Galin
Owner of: Raspberry PI1 B rev1
Work: Web developer/Programmer

micallen

Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:46 pm

I'm Micallen. I don't own a Pi yet, but plan to. Before I do, I will look through the forums to gather information.

Hoping to build a music/movie server as one of my first projects. :)

scu8a

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:49 pm

Hello to all my fellow electronic gadget enthusiasts! My name is Steve and I just acquired my first Raspberry Pi and I think it's the most neat thing I have come across in ages! I'm so glad these things exist. The possibilities are endless! As a software and multimedia developer, my work requires focus, and I'm constantly getting interrupted by robocalls, and telemarketers despite my presence on the Do Not Call List. I don't want to buy an off the shelf system, and my phone service provider is pathetic in its services to block numbers and unwanted callers. This is the project I'm currently working on:

https://murphy101blog.wordpress.com/201 ... r-blocker/

Being a noob in this realm, I've managed to tangle myself up into a system error that I'm not sure how to fix. The Raspian OS GUI won't launch. How do I reset and start from scratch? Is there a command that allows me to reset the memory card and reinstall the default software and OS so I can start over? I can login to the command prompt, but when I run startx, I get an error. Any ideas are appreciated, and once again, it's great to be here!

sphinix45

Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:38 am

Namaskar RbPi Friends...

My name is Rajiv and online as sphinix45 since my first email account was created. I got interested in computers during my school days when we used to work on black & white monitor creating some sort of flowcharts in black dos screen. Later i moved on to computer hardware and networking during higher studies. I've worked with many small-scale organizations dealing in CCTV security systems, Biometric attendance machines, access-controls, EPABX, etc.
Meanwhile i continued to do Masters Degree in Computers and kept my "Do iT Yourself" vision alive. I've been learning various computer programming languages from C to PHP and still going on.

I came across Raspberry Pi during my search for DIY Drones. Later i discovered that it is much powerful device than expected. So i've started to focus to get the most from this very device from using it in a Drone or using it as embedded terminal device or standalone network device.

Hopefully I will soon find out what more to do with it, after getting a Raspberry Pi online.

Namaskar :)

DarthMike

Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:40 pm

Hello!

My name is Miguel. Software engineer, focused on iOS currently but I like to tinker with stuff. Raspberry pi has been on my shelve for long ;)

robd

Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:57 pm

Hi all

Have Pi-ed on and off alongside Arduino, Mindstorms, Scratch, MIT App Inventor but now have time to further explore Pi.

Alesev

Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:53 pm

Hello everyone, complet a new fan on this amaizing world of pi's project. Hoping to learn a lot from the gurus :D .

Belteck

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Sup guys....I do tech support at a software company. Im looking to building something for my living room to play Emulators and some media. Looking forward to learning all about the PI.

doug4350

Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Howdy folks,

My name is Doug Slattery and I am currently in McKinney TX, north of Dallas. I say currently, because life tends to bounce me around the globe. I'm a software professional by trade with over 25 years experience in technology. I started my career as an electronics tech, moving into computers.

My tech hobbies have been around electronic music as I am also a musician and am always looking to jam with people. I was turned on to Raspberry while looking into DIY solutions for home automation & security for my wife's business. Now that I'm getting my hands dirty with it, I can see how it can be used in electronic music, so I will probably be dabbling in that at some point.

Looking forward to chatting with you in the forum.
- Doug
"Nothing is impossible if ImPossible"

Nephilim373

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:20 pm

Hey everybody, i am from South Africa and got my lil Pi Zero today and super excited to get cracking. I want to basically turn my TV in the living room into a smart tv using my lil Zero. Any pointers? I am downloading Raspian and Openelec as we speak. I hope i got the right versions.... Hehe

kazimk

Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi guys.My name is Kazım Köybaşı.I am from Turkey.I bought a raspberry pi 2 and start using raspbian on it.Anyway I want to say hello.

Denngray

Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:28 pm

My Name is Denn Gray, Ive have been hearing about the Raspberry PI's for a couple of years now, I finally ordered and received a Raspberry PI 2 Model B and can't wait get started on my project of making and running a full fledged multi line Telnet BBS.
I create and run several different types of Linux servers so this is on the same lines as what I already do.
Gotta love Raspberry PI's

Denn Gray
Denn Gray Sysop of The Razz Pie BBS Telnet = razzpie.ddns.net:2300
port 2300 - Email me @ outwestbbs@gmail.com or denn@outwestbbs.com for any questions or advise on setting up Mystic BBS software. Website = razzpie.ddns.net

ronb123

Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:38 am

Hi
Ron from Australia just purchased my first Pi and received it yesterday,hoping to have fun with it.

Return to “General discussion”