garlubinn

Re: Introduce yourself!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:19 pm

Hi,

My name is Adam. Just got my RasPi. Installing XBMC right now.

Excited!

fishvt21

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Hello, I am, Parker. I am new to the, Pi, and, Linux. Bought the Pi to learn and learning is what i do.

ouTsiDaz_

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi everyone!

I've got a Pi for a couple months now, and I'm looking forward to learn and discover new things to do with it!

Lonnie Risckle

Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Hello, I'm John.

I'm getting to grips with a RasPi I was given as a present.

I've come on the forum to look for solutions to a problem, which is that the NOOBS downnload fills a 4GB card, and I can't get it to start Raspbian because I need about 200MB more space.

[Edit: I've now admitted defeat and ordered an 8GB card.]
Last edited by Lonnie Risckle on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1gel-papagou

Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:13 pm

Hello,

we are a team of students in 1st High School of Papagos, Athens, Greece. We are currently working on a project related to Raspberry Pi and its characteristics.
Nice to be here!

Nuke

Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:09 am

I'm Nuke, so called as I am a nuclear power engineer and would like to look like Duke Nukem. I have used PCs since CP/M, Linux for 10 years, and currently have Mepis (a version of Debian) on my main PC. So Raspian looks quite familiar to me 8-)

I've just finished building a case and power supply for my RPi, and am about to start using it in earnest.

nicholasj

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Hello, my name is Nick and I've been using my pi primarily for XBMC. I'm quite satisfied with everything thus far and now I'm looking to see what else I can do to make my pi even more useful. The first thing that caught my eye was the rPlay thread to support AirPlay mirroring. This would be a perfect feature since I could easily get one set up at work for presentations and such.

Looking forward to tapping into the many other projects others have been working on as well.

Cheers,
-Nick

patrick.l.holt

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi all!
I'm new to the Pi and Linux, but am excited about learning something new and doing cool stuff with it! I'm a pharmacist in Georgia, USA and have been tinkering with computers since I was a kid. I currently have it set up on my network and connected to a couple of old HDDs for storage so I can use it to store files (documents, music, movies, etc) so I can access them. I love that the pi is so small yet can do so much. I have it set up on a shelf in my living room, tucked out of the way, and access it primarily from my other computers. I had several old computers I tried to do all this with, but none of them were nearly as easy to set up as the Pi has been, and all took up far more space (and were kinda loud all in all!).
Please be kind to a noob!
~Patrick

Roy1212

Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:04 am

Hi every one ,my name Roy .I am new to raspberry pi ,but learning fast. I have a large number of controller ,vex ,parallax, arduino.just name a few.
So far the challenging thing was getting on line with out Ethernet wire,two weeks . I have found that having two SD cards 8gig best. Because root can do bad things. :cry:

Mearrin69

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 am

Hi all,
I'm new to Raspberry Pi. Just got it the other day and have started exploring a little. Eventually I plan to use it as a remote interface for a hexapod robot I'm building. I'll be posting progress on my blog (http://fredericahandrake.blogspot.com/) though I won't be working much with the Pi for the project for a while...in the meantime I'll be reading and experimenting with it. Looking forward to chatting with the community!
M

intothesky

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Very new to RPi and just wanted to say hello, interesting to read stuff on the forums here! Great help :)

jimistephen

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:54 am

Hello,
I'm Stephen. I've been really intrested in technology for years and want to start getting into programming. I just ordered a Raspberry pi and a bread board etc to start doing small projects.

CHRISTOSI

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:34 pm

Hello,
I'm Chris.I'm new here,im intrestead a lot in electronics and specialy in hardware.I like a lot making automatics.I have basic knowledge in circuit making,compomentes and programming,all my knowledge is from high school and some things I learn on my own.And I just order raspberry pi.Forgive me for my english im not a native speaker.

CHRISTOSI

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi,
Im Chris.Im new here.Im intrested in electronics and specialy in hardware enginnering.I like making automatics.I have basic knowledge from school and some things learned on my own,I have knowledge in circuit making,compoments and programming.
And I just order raspberry pi,I have breadboard,cables and some compomends and Im ready make some projects when raspberry pi will come.

Jack Kelly

Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi,

I'm the person currently running the Manchester Raspberry Jam, carrying on from Ben since November when he moved to Cambridge to work with the Raspbery Pi Foundation.

I reckon, two years after visiting my first jam, that I've reached the level of involvement in the community where I really really ought to be on the forums. So here I am, hopefully I be able to lend an useful opinion or two, perhaps answer some questions.

Sorry for taking so long,
Jack
Organiser of Manchester Raspberry Jam

aceblue

Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi, everybody. I'm a new Raspberry Pi user. I've been pleasantly surprised by how useful it can be (especially as a media playback device.) Here's a video of my new Pi playing hi-def video content:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJgkT5Mb6LM

I'm curious to learn about other ways the Raspberry Pi is being used.

Cheers!

Angela Wilde

Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi,

My name is Angela Wild, I am Canadian. I have a passion for cheetah. It is for that I like do safari and I am working to The Western Cape Cheetah with http://www.inverdoorn.com.
My second job, volunteer work too, is to teach computer sciences in several countries in Africa to people they can't learn this sciences in their school.

Nice to meet you.

Jimibeee

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi

I am James Just bought my first Raspberry Pi and want to learn from the experts on here.

blake67

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi

I'm joe, but go by blake67. I just order a pi should be here today(hoping) but been wanting one for awhile. I'm into electronics,pc,video games, tinkering with stuff. I do a little hacking to my own stuff. I"m a tech guy who knows no bounds etc...
Glad to join here...

later
joe blake

npnet

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:10 am

Hi!
I bought the Raspberry Pi some days ago and I´m trying to climb the steep learning curve of new OS!
Automation and sensing devices are the subjects I like most.
I´m Portuguese, so since english is not my natural language, please apologize some mistakes.

SwampDog35

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Just purchased my Raspberry Pi yesterday. Looking forward to using it in my HTPC setup. Have been reading multiple threads on how to set it up. Hope the learning curve is small. Thanks to all that have contributed.

GrapePi

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Hello World!
My name is Jim and I have finally decided to take another crack at learning how to utilize all of the great things the Pi can teach me. I've always had a fascination in re-purposing hardware and electronics. As far as programming anything, it's been awhile. Late '70's to be precise. In high school learning Basic and writing programs on IBM cards was fun but too tedious to hold my interest. I thought I'd wait till things got easier. I didn't mean to wait 40 years. After surgery last week I decided that it's time. The first advice I followed from this forum was to buy Eben's manual.

My knowledge early on is like Swiss cheese, lots of holes or gaps. I've learned a lot quickly but still relying on the cheese metaphor I'm more like Loraine cheese now, smaller gaps. Once I started reading reading the book it's all filling in very nicely. Thank you Eben and Liz for your dedication!

fid

Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:35 am

Greetings,
My name is Greg. Online I go by fid. Or, my name is fid. Outside of Cyberia I go by Greg.
I've had a Raspberry Pi for almost a year. My daughter and her boyfriend bought it for me as a birthday gift. I mess with it a lot. I love it and the GPIO pins. :ugeek:
The first variant of Linux I installed was Red Hat 5.2. I then tried many other favors, including Mandrake and DSL. My favorite became Debian because it worked well with the hardware I had at the time. :P
I also love to mess with the Arduino. It plays well with the Pi.
If you look on RasTrack, my Raspberry Pi is the lonely one on the north side of Clear Lake, CA. I only know two others with Raspberry Pis. They are both about three hours away.
I am also interested in music. I started learning violin nine years ago and joined the local symphony about that time. I also play guitar and bodhran.
I hope to meet many other Raspberry Pi users, and introduce others to it.
Peace,
Greg

philthy07

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:34 pm

I am Phil, and I am a teacher from the US. I teach some pretty challenging kids who think that the only thing technology is good for is game boys and louder music. I am hoping to use the Pi platform to "reach them" from a tech perspective and maybe start some minds thinking!!

CypherV

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi All. I'm Shane. 24 from Texas. I've been using a Pi for about 6 months now. I've been following it but didn't have time till recently. I spend most of my time around anything computer related(. As for programming, I use C/C++/Python and I have a few years working with databases(though I don't consider myself great with it). Currently I'm just toying with different ideas for my Pi, but I plan to get more soon.(Thinking of building a tablet).

Hopefully i'll be around here more and maybe I'll get some of the stuff I've written cleaned up so I can post them.

Return to “General discussion”