Lynbarn

Re: Petition the government to "Change import duty rules to encourage British manufacturing"

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Burngate said:

1960 signatures, 17th on the Treasury list, 155 overall.

Also 148 votes on 38degrees (still page 7 - I've voted, have you?)

Re. Ashley Fox's question to jltgordon, he could be pointed at the current petition, and to HMRC and http://www.sloanefox.freeserve...../taric.htm

Though since he's an MEP he might turn round and say it's not an EU problem it's one for the British Government. And Britiain says they can't do anything - it's EU rules ...

The UK import / export tariffs and duties are largely harmonized with those throughout the EU, they all use essentially the same classifications and tariffs, although there are local variations, for example, I believe the UK can import butter and lamb from New Zealand at special rates (this is hangover from before we joined what was then the Commion Market).

When she is somewhat less busy than at the moment, Liz may be able to give specific examples that relate to the 'Pi (it depends exactly what goes into baking a 'Pi - each type of component is potentially given a different rate!) but the general details are hidden somewhere in HERE. Like I said somewhere at the top of this thread, it's a MINEFIELD! ;/

Burngate

Re: Petition the government to "Change import duty rules to encourage British manufacturing"

Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:17 pm

2043 signatures, 16th on Treasury list, 144th overall

Lynbarn

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Burngate said:

2043 signatures, 16th on Treasury list, 144th overall

Thanks, Burngate, I haven't looked for a while. It's getting there... "slowly, slowly, catchee monkey!"

Burngate

Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:50 pm

An update: 3094 signatures, 15th on Treasury list, 112th overall

Burngate

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:03 pm

In the past month, there appears to have been some slippage.

There are now only 2165 signatures, 28th on Treasury list, 172nd overall.

Not quite sure how that's happened!

Return to “General discussion”