Concealedfox70

pulseaudio equalizer where is it?

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:22 am

i installed pulse audio equalizer (pulseaudio-equalizer) and it does not show up anywhere, nor will it run. what am i doing wrong? it just works in ubuntu but it doesnt work with 3b+ . alsa equalizer doesnt do anything when i move the sliders, qpaeq says pyqt5 isnt installed and pip says there is no matching distribution. what am i supposed to do here i am so frustrated ive been trying for months with zero results

ledzeppeman

Re: pulseaudio equalizer where is it?

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:55 am

You install using synaptic or apt-get?

Concealedfox70

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:22 pm

ledzeppeman wrote:
Apt-get. Raspberry pi distro has never worked with the eq. I know how to do it that's not the thing because as I stated it works fine in Ubuntu. I take my time posting to make less questions and you ask what I already answered. [MOD EDITED]. I already indicated that pulseaudio equalizer was properly installed

klricks

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:11 am

Concealedfox70 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:22 am
i installed pulse audio equalizer (pulseaudio-equalizer) and it does not show up anywhere, nor will it run. what am i doing wrong? it just works in ubuntu but it doesnt work with 3b+ . alsa equalizer doesnt do anything when i move the sliders, qpaeq says pyqt5 isnt installed and pip says there is no matching distribution. what am i supposed to do here i am so frustrated ive been trying for months with zero results
Per Google:
The command to start is qpaeq
Follow the instructions here including the modification to /etc/pulse/default.pa
https://askubuntu.com/questions/980876/ ... -equalizer
After doing that the equalizer comes up but have no idea if it actually works?
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

ledzeppeman

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:37 am

Concealedfox70 wrote:
ledzeppeman wrote:
Apt-get. Raspberry pi distro has never worked with the eq. I know how to do it that's not the thing because as I stated it works fine in Ubuntu. I take my time posting to make less questions and you ask what I already answered. [MOD EDITED]. I already indicated that pulseaudio equalizer was properly installed
Whoah buddy, I just tried to help you and you spat in my face. You in no way described the install method used. Just because it works in Ubuntu, that doesn't mean you used a command line for installation. Sometimes, simply trying a different install method can fix issues. Part of personal success is being personable. I can tell you, with a personality like that, you won't get very far.

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:11 am

Concealedfox70 wrote:
ledzeppeman wrote:
Apt-get. Raspberry pi distro has never worked with the eq. I know how to do it that's not the thing because as I stated it works fine in Ubuntu. I take my time posting to make less questions and you ask what I already answered. [MOD REMOVED PROFANITY]. I already indicated that pulseaudio equalizer was properly installed
We like to play nice on this forum and profanity or personal attacks will not be tolerated, so please play nice too.
Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:02 am

Unnecessary comments deleted. If no one can help with the OP's issue, please do not comment. OP - keep it civil.
Last warning.
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

Concealedfox70

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:44 pm

texy wrote:
Unnecessary comments deleted. If no one can help with the OP's issue, please do not comment. OP - keep it civil.
Last warning.
this admin basically deleted my comment and said the same thing so they could feel useful. i think i had it under control before you train wrecked. boot me i dare you, nobody helps anyway

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:20 am

Concealedfox70 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:44 pm
texy wrote:
Last warning.
this admin basically deleted my comment and said the same thing so they could feel useful. i think i had it under control before you train wrecked. boot me i dare you, nobody helps anyway
To the OP.

I trust that what was deleted was simply profanity, and asking to be booted is paramount to admitting you are trolling for it.
You seem to be just a frustrated person, who wants to take his grievances on other visitors here, as such you are not welcome.
Remember you are a guest here, but I will give you one week to think over why you are no longer welcome here.

Both Ubuntu and Raspbian are based on Debian, but there are several versions of Debian, and Raspbian probably also has a different audio subsystem, so there is no reason to expect that something that works on some variance of Ubuntu will work on Raspbian.

locking this thread now, next week you can try again.

Return to “General discussion”