Urgenus

Price increase ?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi

Is there any cheap way to order Rpi?

Farnel use's partco for in my coyntry and Rpi's price is $72 and there must be quite lot air in that price?

RS is even expensive than Farnel. RS wants $79 for one Rpi with delivery.

So is there any better places to order than those two companies that are expensive and slow.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Price increase ?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Note that the $35 price does not include Tax or postage and packing. So you need to consider that. Also, if the distributors do not have a presence in your country, the P&P costs may be quite high. Unfortunately we have no control over the tax or P&P.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I own the world’s worst thesaurus. Not only is it awful, it’s awful."

sdjf

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:58 pm

If you said what country you are in or put that in your profile, then others knowing about ordering sources for your country might make suggestions.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

Urgenus

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:41 pm

jamesh wrote:Note that the $35 price does not include Tax or postage and packing. So you need to consider that. Also, if the distributors do not have a presence in your country, the P&P costs may be quite high. Unfortunately we have no control over the tax or P&P.
Actually the price is about $45,7 in RS before taxes and super expensive delivery, not $35 as you state.

Example RS (fi.rsdelivers.com):
756-8308 ------ Raspberry Pi Type B ------- $45,70
Finnish VAT ---------------------------------------- $10,50
Post and packing --------------------------------- $22,50

And "delivery" was that where those big companies did make their profit when Rpi was cheaper, now they also have huge profit margin in the product itself .
Last edited by Urgenus on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urgenus

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 pm

sdjf wrote:If you said what country you are in or put that in your profile, then others knowing about ordering sources for your country might make suggestions.
I live in finland.

Actually i would also be happy with information where i could order it overseas that delivers to Finland.

akvenugopal

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:23 pm

I am in India. for three months I was trying to get a Raspberry Pi. But the Indian dealer was not taking the order.Then I came across a far better mini computer that comes as a USB stick and promptly ordered that. 1.6 GHz Dual Core processor. Android powered. 1 GB RAM. 4 GB memory. All this for 50 dollars. And free shipping. [mod removed blatant link to competitor product] The supplier is from mainland China. Here are the details :
[mod removed blatant link to competitor product]
New dual core 1.6 Ghz cpu RK3066 UG802 1G/4G google android 4.0 mini pc iptv smart tv box HDMI dongle (BLACK)

[Mod added . We have no problem with other people selling similar devices, but do draw the line at using this site to advertise them!]

Urgenus

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 pm

www.newit.co.uk/ Seems cheaper than RS and Farnell.
Is there cheaper option, or should i order from newit ??

jamesh

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Urgenus wrote:
jamesh wrote:Note that the $35 price does not include Tax or postage and packing. So you need to consider that. Also, if the distributors do not have a presence in your country, the P&P costs may be quite high. Unfortunately we have no control over the tax or P&P.
Actually the price is about $45,7 in RS before taxes and super expensive delivery, not $35 as you state.

Example RS (fi.rsdelivers.com):
756-8308 ------ Raspberry Pi Type B ------- $45,70
Finnish VAT ---------------------------------------- $10,50
Post and packing --------------------------------- $22,50

And "delivery" was that where those big companies did make their profit when Rpi was cheaper, now they also have huge profit margin in the product itself .
If that is the case (and th Raspberry Pi foundation contract with RS and Farnell says they must sold for $35), then please indicate where that is the price and if possible a lnk. AFAIK, RS or Farnell should not be selling for more than $35 for the RaspberryPi itself.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...

Urgenus

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Just ordered Raspberry Pi from RS, and now the price was right :) about $50 with posting and taxes.

But when i tried ordering earlier today, it was much more expensive:
http://i.imgur.com/19xLo.jpg

jamesh

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Urgenus wrote:Just ordered Raspberry Pi from RS, and now the price was right :) about $50 with posting and taxes.

But when i tried ordering earlier today, it was much more expensive:
http://i.imgur.com/19xLo.jpg
Great - enjoy it!

Roalush

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:47 am

I think everybody in this thread ordered from the business sites of the company there the price is much higher and they charge more on shipping. Both companies has a personal site there you can order the PI for 35$ plus cheap shipping worldwide.

Comparison in my country:

RS

Personal site 35$ + 8$ for express airmail via DHL.
Business site 60$ + 35$ for express airmail via DHL.

Farnell

Personal site 60$ including shipping and tax
Business site 41$+ 35$ for express airmail via DHL not including tax.

Dweeber

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:00 am

I've never paid more than $35 for a RPi and < $10 for shipping. Ordered from Newark and MCM (total of 3 RPi so far). Not sure what the "business" site would be but they both appear to be for both.

US sales.
Dweeber A.K.A. Kevin...
My RPI Info Pages including Current Setup - http://rpi.tnet.com

Return to “General discussion”