yoyoma2

Error buying mpeg-2 and vc-1 license

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Buying an mpeg-2 and vc-1 license results in the following error.

"A shipping address for this order is incomplete."

The same error occurs on checkout as a guest or registered user with or without paypal. The only address available in the UI is the billing address since there is no physical merchandise to ship. It seems the swag store is incorrectly checking for a shipping address and causing the license purchase to fail.

DougieLawson

Re: Error buying mpeg-2 and vc-1 license

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:39 pm

If you take a look at: http://www.raspberrypi.com/mpeg-2-license-key/ there's an email address at the bottom of that page for support and assistance. It's not supported on the forum, because most forumites (a bunch of volunteers who don't work for the RPF or RP(Trading)Ltd.) can't fix it for you.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

yoyoma2

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:28 am

Thanks. My first reaction was indeed to email store@raspberrypi.org but there was no reply. At least if someone finds a workaround they can post it here.

DougieLawson

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:58 pm

yoyoma2 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:28 am
Thanks. My first reaction was indeed to email store@raspberrypi.org but there was no reply. At least if someone finds a workaround they can post it here.
There is no work-around and store@raspberrypi.org may have been a bit busy this week with the launch of the RPi3B+.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

HiassofT

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:22 pm

I had the same issue today and what finally worked was to select "proceed to checkout" and later select paypal. Using the "checkout with paypal" button in the shopping cart resulted in the invalid shipping address message.

so long,

Hias

DougieLawson

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:19 pm

yoyoma2

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:24 pm

HiassofT wrote:
I had the same issue today and what finally worked was to select "proceed to checkout" and later select paypal. Using the "checkout with paypal" button in the shopping cart resulted in the invalid shipping address message.
Thanks! This workaround did the trick. After adding the license, do not click "view cart" but instead "checkout" and you'll manually enter your billing address. In the next step choose paypal and it works! It seems the error happens when paypal automatically sends your billing address to the store.

Paul Webster

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:50 pm

HiassofT wrote:
Opposite approach appears to have worked for me ... but I'll reserve judgement until the email with the licence number turns up.

I was using "Proceed to checkout" and was always getting the error (had logged in and was using stored delivery details that had worked in the past).
Instead I chose to pay via paypal and then used the credit card option in PayPal. Had to enter delivery address into PayPal implying that RPT system had not passed it across.
On completion was taken back to order page showing "Step 2: Order Confirmation" however, there were no details there.

Rick_S

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Same problem here, wanted to buy license keys for my shiny new Pi 3B+ and can't get the transaction to go through. I hope they get it fixed soon... None of the posted work arounds have fixed it for me unfortunately. :cry:

Paul Webster

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Update ... did not work for me.
I had 2 automated reminder emails from the store telling me that I have not completed my checkout.
I replied to explain why but I guess the robot that received it did not pass it on to the human controller.

yoyoma2

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:12 pm

What worked for me was not logging in (shopping as a guest) and immediately after adding items never clicked "view cart", just trust you did it right and immediately click checkout (not paypal). After manually entering the billing address you get another chance to choose paypal. Got working licenses by email a day or two later.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:23 pm

We are still awaiting a fix this this from our licence web thingy supplier. Its a PITA for us as well.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

Paul Webster

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:57 pm

I just completed my purchase.
Followed same route as suggested earlier - logged out - items still in cart - went through the checkout process without creating account again - and it seems to have worked.

My guess, without looking at source ... perhaps someone has changed one of the field names for the address field and saved contact records do not work when trying to represent them during the checkout process.

This does mean that the order does not appear on my account page of course.
Feel free to put it (and I think one from some months ago) into my account page by hand ...

Edit:
New idea ... there were 2 contact records in my address book.
One had a phone number and the other did not ... and phone number is currently flagged as mandatory in the UI.
I am pretty sure that when it failed I tried both records ... but perhaps I did not check carefully.
So I just deleted the one without a phone number and went through a dummy transaction up to the point where PayPal asked me for credit card details - which is further than I got during one of my previous attempts.
So ... for the people who it is failing for ... check to see that you only have one address in the address book and that it has a phone number.

Paul Webster

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:25 am

Just had an email reply from the RPT store saying issue is now resolved.

Return to “General discussion”