awesomelydeluxe

SMS

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:11 am

I've seen a lot of SMS stuff for the Pi, but there's one problem: that annoying antenna that has to stick out. I've seen many different SMS boards on Adafruit but I don't know if they're Pi compatible. Does anyone know how to set up SMS on the Pi, software and hardware wise? And is there any board without an antenna?

jbudd

Re: SMS

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:51 am

Not exactly what you are asking for, but if the Pi has internet access you can use PushBullet to send notifications to a phone.
And I think PushBullet can be made to forward a notification from one phone as SMS to another.

sparkie777

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:12 am

you can setup 'smsd' contained in the 'smstools' package to function as relay between email and SMS. So you just need to send/receive emails on the RPi. As you say 'annoying antenna that has to stick out' is not confined to your RPI then. Install your antenna (do you mean modem?) on any computer within your network.

fruitoftheloom

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 am

awesomelydeluxe wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:11 am
I've seen a lot of SMS stuff for the Pi, but there's one problem: that annoying antenna that has to stick out. I've seen many different SMS boards on Adafruit but I don't know if they're Pi compatible. Does anyone know how to set up SMS on the Pi, software and hardware wise? And is there any board without an antenna?

https://escapologybb.com/send-sms-from-raspberry-pi/
Retired disgracefully.....

Return to “General discussion”