ChillyWilly

Whats the average approval time?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Waiting for 2hrs to get a post approved. Is this normal or was my post lost somewhere? Is it recommended to try another forum? Just seeking advice and assistance, greater than a couple hours wait just to be approved seems overkill.

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Whats the average approval time?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:05 pm

it takes as long as it takes.

there are only so many mods and normally a hundred or so 1st posts a day that need moderating on top of standard moderating duties and post replying to

we do try to approve sooner rather than later but it isn't that unusual especially over the weekend, during holidays or outside UK business hours for it to take a while

Heater

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:09 pm

As desperate as you are to get approved the reality is that at the end of the line is actual real human beings. Many of which are volunteers as far as I can tell.

Many of which have probably gone home for the weekend to be with their family and friends.

With that in mind a couple of hours is nothing.

This is not Facebook or Twitter. Be patient.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:18 am

There are two Rpf(t) engineers who comment here regularly, so they technically are not volunteers. But the rest of mods are.

Time taken to approve post can be up to 24hrs depending on time zone.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

Return to “General discussion”