MOZ2010

Defective board

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi,

I purchased a PI 3B board and it seems it's damaged. I bought throughout amazon but due to 30 have passed return policy does not apply, just product guarantee. How do I to proceed?

Kind regards,

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Defective board

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:48 pm

In the UK/EU you still have the 2 year guarantee with the person/organisation you bought it from. So you do need to approach Amazon since they are the supplier.

For other countries you will need to find out what the rules are.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

rpiMike

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:49 pm

What makes you think it is damaged ? What have you tried so far?

Heater

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:01 pm

"...seems it's damaged..."

In what way?
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

MOZ2010

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:59 pm

I install it, worked fine for a day. Next day did not boot anymore. Flash card is OK. Led is on, but no HDMI image at all, no ethernet link led, neither temperature on chip heat dissipator.

Is there anytroubleshooting posibility? It has no console interface, right?

I feel pretty sure it is damaged.

piglet

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:42 pm

"I install it, worked fine for a day. Next day did not boot anymore"...."I feel pretty sure it is damaged."

While it may be damaged, I'd suggest that it's far more likely that you accidentally damaged it (oops! learn from it) than it just spontaneously died on you (use the guarantee).

Is it possible that you didn't have it enclosed in a case that completely insulated it from accidental short circuit on the GPIO pins (or elsewhere?

Martin Frezman

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:51 pm

While it may be damaged, I'd suggest that it's far more likely that you accidentally damaged it ...
I don't think you need me to point out the obvious inconsistent/self-contradictory nature of the two clauses of this sentence (above).
If this post appears in the wrong forums category, my apologies.

HawaiianPi

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Have you tried re-flashing the SD card?

Here are some resources for troubleshooting.

Is your Pi not booting? (The Boot Problems Sticky)

Common Pitfalls for Beginners
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

piglet

Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Martin Frezman wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:51 pm
While it may be damaged, I'd suggest that it's far more likely that you accidentally damaged it ...
I don't think you need me to point out the obvious inconsistent/self-contradictory nature of the two clauses of this sentence (above).
eh? What self contradiction? What I wrote was
While it may be damaged, I'd suggest that it's far more likely that you accidentally damaged it ...than it just spontaneously died on you
To clarify:

For "while it may be damaged" -please read - "Your board is reported seemingly bust, and it may be bust however it may not be bust at all"
For "I'd suggest that it's far more likely that you accidentally damaged it" please read: "If it is bust you probably accidentally bust it yourself."
For "than it just spontaneously died on you" please read "It probably didn't just die on you without some help.".

Return to “General discussion”