gtechn
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:07 am

Why would Mr. Anholt be writing a driver for VideoCore V if it wasn't in development (right now)?

https://anholt.github.io/twivc4/

Even more:

https://anholt.github.io/twivc4/2017/07/24/twiv/

Announcement:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/ ... 62087.html

User avatar
Gavinmc42
Posts: 3421
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:31 am

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:35 am

Developed and in Silicon was my impression.
Set top boxes need 4K 60hz HEVS, h.265 res these days, the VC4 does not do that.
Eric was talking about the BCM7268 stb chip.

I imagine the VC5 will end up in more BCM stb chips if BCM want to stay in that market.
stb chips don't need to do too much which is why it only has a dual ARM 32bit.

What we really care about is the Pi4.... BCM2838 ;)
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

W. H. Heydt
Posts: 10578
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA (US)

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:10 am

My reading of the tea leaves is that the "PI4" will use an SoC made at 28nm (as that appears to be where Broadcom is at now) and the "VC5", such as it is, will be part of that. I also find in interesting (and encouraging) that he STB chips have USB3.


jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 23066
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:07 am

Only a small part of the VC5 remained in development. Most of the team were laid off.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

runboy93
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Finland
Contact: Website

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:20 am

Pretty old news:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page= ... -Gallium3D

I just hope future RPi's price don't skyrocket :/

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 20136
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:34 am

gtechn wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:07 am
Why would Mr. Anholt be writing a driver for VideoCore V if it wasn't in development (right now)?

https://anholt.github.io/twivc4/

Even more:

https://anholt.github.io/twivc4/2017/07/24/twiv/

Announcement:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/ ... 62087.html
Eric Anholt works for Broadcom Limited (formerly Avago Technologies), therefore why would the RPF/RPT have insight into his "job description" ??

http://www.anholt.net/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcom_Limited
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

W. H. Heydt
Posts: 10578
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA (US)

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:35 pm

runboy93 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:20 am
Pretty old news:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page= ... -Gallium3D

I just hope future RPi's price don't skyrocket :/
I--cautiously--don't think that will happen. If a new Pi couldn't be manufactured and sold for the "standard" price, I think it would be delayed, or one or more hardware specs would be reduced. E.g. If the SoC has USB3 but a USB3 LAN chip costs too much, then the USB2 LAN chip would continue to be used and the SoC would have software running its bus as a USB2 device. This would continue until Eben could source a USB3 LAN chip that otherwise met his specs and could be used without increasing the retail price, at which point there would be a point release upgrade.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 23066
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:25 pm

runboy93 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:20 am
Pretty old news:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page= ... -Gallium3D

I just hope future RPi's price don't skyrocket :/
They won't. The headline price is pretty much sacrosanct.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

runboy93
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Finland
Contact: Website

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:12 pm

I was speaking generally about prices hiking, my personal option is that changes are needed, even costs will would hike.

Most likely requires 3A charger (even 28nm vs 40nm, LPDDR3 vs LPDDR2 etc, maybe just barely going 3A or close it)

SoC, RAM and card reader are biggest bottlenecks. USB3 would be nice, if not all 4 ports, maybe 2/2.

My personal dream:
CPU: Quad core 1.5GHz-1.8GHz

GPU: VC(5?), 500-600MHz

RAM: Dual channel (if it bring any upgrades to vs single channel on RPi system) 2Gb LPDDR3 RAM (SoC for what VC5 is under dev, support LPDDR3/LPDDR4)

Card reader: Support up to 256/512Gb cards (I don't remember what amount it supports currently), increased write/read speeds (upgraded hardware obv)

LAN is not 1Gb, well I don't use LAN but someone else does and see it important to have 1Gb LAN, instead of 100Mbs.

W. H. Heydt
Posts: 10578
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA (US)

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:13 pm

runboy93 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:12 pm
I was speaking generally about prices hiking, my personal option is that changes are needed, even costs will would hike.
What jamesh said.
Most likely requires 3A charger (even 28nm vs 40nm, LPDDR3 vs LPDDR2 etc, maybe just barely going 3A or close it)
In one interview around the Pi3B launch, Dr. Upton did muse about switching to a USB-C power connector as the microUSB one is pretty much maxed out now. On the other hand, a 28nm part should need *less* power, so I think there is a decent chance that it's a wash and the next Pi will be able to operate with the same 2.4-2.5A supply as the Pi3B.
SoC, RAM and card reader are biggest bottlenecks. USB3 would be nice, if not all 4 ports, maybe 2/2.
I see the one real throughput bottleneck as the USB2 bus. By going to USB3, it would be possible (thumb drive, HDD, SSD) to bypass the limitations of the SD interface. While I expect the next SoC to be able to address more than 1GB, I don't think that means that the next Pi will--at least initially--have more than 1GB. I would draw a parallel between the original 256MB Model B, and the later 512MB Model B. The same with the A/A+. I would consider a 2/2 arrangement to be a rather horrible compromise, and also rather unlikely, given how you get 4 USB ports on a Pi.
My personal dream:
CPU: Quad core 1.5GHz-1.8GHz
I wouldn't argue that that wouldn't be a "nice to have", but it's hardly needed, let alone necessary. I think the quad-core is a given. The extra clock speed might--at least at first--just be available for those who wish to overclock.
GPU: VC(5?), 500-600MHz
To the extent that there is something being called a "VC5", apparently it will handle 2160p60 H.265. Beyond that, why even concern oneself with its clock speed?
RAM: Dual channel (if it bring any upgrades to vs single channel on RPi system) 2Gb LPDDR3 RAM (SoC for what VC5 is under dev, support LPDDR3/LPDDR4)
I would consider dual-channel RAM exceedingly unlikely. It would create huge upward pressure on price because it would require many more lines connecting the RAM to the SoC. At the speeds we're looking at of the SoC, I don't see that dual-channel would add any significant performance. As for what *type* of RAM...look for what type has the minimum cost. It won't be anything "cutting edge" (e.g. LPDDR4 is probably right out...it's too new to be cheap).
Card reader: Support up to 256/512Gb cards (I don't remember what amount it supports currently), increased write/read speeds (upgraded hardware obv)
I don't know of any limit on card size with the current interface. There is certainly no real limitation imposed by the EXT4 filesystem. The only way to use larger than 32GB cards "out of the box" (in particular, with NOOBS) is involved with the type of FAT filesystem--and to get around that issue (other than reformatting the card yourself) would require changing the on-chip boot ROM routines. Given the relative costs, if you really need that much storage, get an SSD or HDD, and then what you want for better performance is USB3, not a faster SD interface.
LAN is not 1Gb, well I don't use LAN but someone else does and see it important to have 1Gb LAN, instead of 100Mbs.
I do use the LAN, but 100Mb/s is sufficient for my needs. I can think of two ways that GbE could come about for a Pi. One is if a new SoC has a dedicated network bus that runs that fast (thereby taking the Ethernet off the USB bus). The other would be USB3 on the SoC and suitable equivalent for the LAN 9514, but with USB3 and GbE. I think the later is marginally more likely than the former, though the former would actually be preferable (eliminating contention between fast USB devices, e.g HDD or SSD, and the network connection).

On the whole, I would be very happy to see the Pi4 to be the same as the Pi3, but at 28nm and with USB3. Everything else could stay the same and it'd be a really nice board.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 23066
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:34 pm

Veering off the topic to the nightmare realm of speculation. Keep to VC5 please.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

gtechn
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:09 pm

What I find interesting is why Mr. Anholt would be even writing a driver for this. Would Broadcom tell him to write this driver if it wasn't needed by RPF? Would Mr. Anholt write this driver if VideoCore V wasn't in development?

My theory is that we are getting a hybrid VideoCore IV/V part, with the only difference between VideoCore IV being that it has V's 3D part (which was mostly finished), and maybe a few IO updates (if those were finished).

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 20136
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:18 pm

gtechn wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:09 pm
What I find interesting is why Mr. Anholt would be even writing a driver for this. Would Broadcom tell him to write this driver if it wasn't needed by RPF?
The VC4 is not solely used by RPT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VideoCore

There is also the possibility that VC4 may be used in products that the manufacturer chose not advertise the fact !


Speculating on what the future Roadmap RPT have chosen is not warranted because we will only know when a product is actually released......
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

gtechn
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:37 pm

I know that VideoCore IV isn't used only by RPF. Amazon used it in the older-model Fire Sticks.

Speculation isn't warranted, and I'm doing only very basic speculation. I was just bringing the news to those who may not have heard. In my opinion, a VideoCore IV with the finished VideoCore V parts bolted on.

W. H. Heydt
Posts: 10578
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA (US)

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:56 pm

gtechn wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:09 pm
What I find interesting is why Mr. Anholt would be even writing a driver for this. Would Broadcom tell him to write this driver if it wasn't needed by RPF? Would Mr. Anholt write this driver if VideoCore V wasn't in development?

My theory is that we are getting a hybrid VideoCore IV/V part, with the only difference between VideoCore IV being that it has V's 3D part (which was mostly finished), and maybe a few IO updates (if those were finished).
Again, to the extent that a "VC5" exists (there is something being called "VC5", what relationship that bears to the originally intended VC5 isn't known to anyone here that is free to talk about it), we do know--from the descriptions of set top boxes that contain it--it will do H.265 2160p60 decode. After all, that's a pretty standard STB requirement now.

It is an assumption that, along with general the shift to 28nm, the next SoC for the next Pi will use this "VC5". The alternative would be to do a "die shrink" to the VC4, and that comes under the twin problems of "why bother when you've got something better already" and "throwing away money better spent elsewhere." I.e. Not Going To Happen.

Given all of that...is it really any surprise that Mr. Anholt is working on a driver for the "VC5"?

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 20136
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:01 pm

gtechn wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:37 pm
I know that VideoCore IV isn't used only by RPF. Amazon used it in the older-model Fire Sticks.

Speculation isn't warranted, and I'm doing only very basic speculation. I was just bringing the news to those who may not have heard. In my opinion, a VideoCore IV with the finished VideoCore V parts bolted on.
Over the last 5 years VC5 has been mentioned many times such as this post:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=120250&start=75#p842570

However, the graphics part of VC5 was completed and was even put in another chip

You must also bear in mind that NEW Broadcom may have a differing future product path going forward than which OLD Broadcom had.......
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

User avatar
Gavinmc42
Posts: 3421
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:31 am

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:12 am

A quick check showed 96 STB chip variations made be BCM.
https://www.broadcom.com/products/broad ... t-top-box/

This tends to indicate they are a serious player in this area, if not the leader.
VC3, 4 and now 5 are in production inside BCM chips. I think BCM may even have Mali or PowerVR gpu chips?

Grep this to see if BCM shows up in alternative GPU header comments?
https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux-4. ... rivers/gpu

It can be hard to say what is inside those chips as they say things like,
1G-pixel-per-second OpenGL® ES 2.0 3D Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) for advanced 3D graphics acceleration

Anything that can do 4K 60Hz h.265 could have a VC5?
Could a faster VC4 in 28nm do HEVC/h.265? The VC4 h.264 has hardware blocks, it is not all software.

Anyway it is good sign that Eric is doing VC5 code ;)
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 23066
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 am

gtechn wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:37 pm
I know that VideoCore IV isn't used only by RPF. Amazon used it in the older-model Fire Sticks.

Speculation isn't warranted, and I'm doing only very basic speculation. I was just bringing the news to those who may not have heard. In my opinion, a VideoCore IV with the finished VideoCore V parts bolted on.
Not really; the 3D core from the VC5 development is used in other chips, to provide user interface HW acceleration for STB's etc. Don't usually have any other VC4 stuff in those chips, and that is quite a lot of extra stuff.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 23066
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:53 am

Gavinmc42 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:12 am
Could a faster VC4 in 28nm do HEVC/h.265? The VC4 h.264 has hardware blocks, it is not all software.
No, the HW blocks are not present, and HEVC need a lot of HW help to get the higher resolution and framerate. Also needs fast memory.

With NEON and 4 cores going full tilt you can decode HEVC to about 720p on the current Pi. Encode, no way in real time.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

User avatar
Gavinmc42
Posts: 3421
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:31 am

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:45 pm

With NEON and 4 cores going full tilt you can decode HEVC to about 720p on the current Pi. Encode, no way in real time.
There is an old ARM(er ,a few years ago) presentation that says h.264 can be done but currently (back then) there was no h.265 hardware yet.

720p does not cut it anymore, hence VC5 in the BCM7268 etc.
So some hardware h.265 works now?
But as we are told again, that is only part of the silicon of Pi chips..

It is more interesting from a software point of view that VC5 is being worked on now.
Somethings like the new MMU is different, the tile engines/HVS are similar?
But do the Pi's need VC5, HEVC, h.265?
Will things like Vulkan get pushed back to VC4 or will the VC4 be like the ARM6 in the BCM2835? the poor relation. Time to move on?

We, the public never really saw the VC4 software evolution.
Now with a little bit of openness we get to see a glimpse of what is involved in Mesa/OpenGl/VC5...and how long it really takes.
It is interesting in slow water drip torture way :lol:

With careful attention and slow learning that VC GPU manual could be understood even by me one day. I'm hoping the VC5 will act as an extra gap to peak under the hood of these GPU things.

I will now go back and re-read that 2 year old post and some more of it will probably now make sense. :oops:
Since the Pi's come out I don't think I have every worked so hard learning anything. :lol:
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 23066
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Gavinmc42 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:45 pm
With NEON and 4 cores going full tilt you can decode HEVC to about 720p on the current Pi. Encode, no way in real time.
There is an old ARM(er ,a few years ago) presentation that says h.264 can be done but currently (back then) there was no h.265 hardware yet.

720p does not cut it anymore, hence VC5 in the BCM7268 etc.
So some hardware h.265 works now?
But as we are told again, that is only part of the silicon of Pi chips..

It is more interesting from a software point of view that VC5 is being worked on now.
Somethings like the new MMU is different, the tile engines/HVS are similar?
But do the Pi's need VC5, HEVC, h.265?
Will things like Vulkan get pushed back to VC4 or will the VC4 be like the ARM6 in the BCM2835? the poor relation. Time to move on?

We, the public never really saw the VC4 software evolution.
Now with a little bit of openness we get to see a glimpse of what is involved in Mesa/OpenGl/VC5...and how long it really takes.
It is interesting in slow water drip torture way :lol:

With careful attention and slow learning that VC GPU manual could be understood even by me one day. I'm hoping the VC5 will act as an extra gap to peak under the hood of these GPU things.

I will now go back and re-read that 2 year old post and some more of it will probably now make sense. :oops:
Since the Pi's come out I don't think I have every worked so hard learning anything. :lol:
H265 HW is actually quite difficult to design and implement. Doing it in software much easier, but uses a LOT more power and is a lot slower.
Various companies do have H265 silicon, Imagination , Broadcom, Qualcomm. couple of others.

VC5 is, of course, being worked on. Brcm still have a 3D dev team, left over from the VC4 days. That stuff is used in various Broadcom product I presume, and therefore requires software to run it. Broadcom shut down the VC4 team 2.5 years ago. You are just hearing about VC5 3D.....and yet its was mostly finished 2.5 years ago...that should give some idea of how long this stuff takes.

VC4 HW development is dead. SW development is ongoing here at Pi towers, and with Eric's stuff.

As for what the future holds for the Pi, well, that would be telling.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

User avatar
bensimmo
Posts: 4124
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:26 pm

As a side, what is special with VC4/5 ?
Say compared to alternatives.

I've never really got that (other than the emotional RPI that's what they know/ ex-broadcom workers/patent holder links).

What's its benefit in the chip over the other others?
Cost?
Capabilities?
Can do more?

gtechn
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:02 pm

bensimmo wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:26 pm
As a side, what is special with VC4/5 ?
Say compared to alternatives.

I've never really got that (other than the emotional RPI that's what they know/ ex-broadcom workers/patent holder links).

What's its benefit in the chip over the other others?
Cost?
Capabilities?
Can do more?
Why? Because the creator of the Raspberry Pi worked at Broadcom before inventing the Raspberry Pi. When he made the Raspberry Pi 1, the VideoCore IV was actually considered to be a powerful chip for the time period (and it still is), not to mention that ARM Mali (the main alternative) was far behind in development.

Now, times have changed and Mali is ahead, while VideoCore HW development is dead. Moving to a new chip from VideoCore is especially difficult for backward-compatibility, because VideoCore isn't just a GPU. It also has things like MP4/MP2 playback, various codecs, boot interfaces, and the like. In fact, the VideoCore is so large, it is more like the processor is VideoCore with ARM bolted on as an extension, rather than ARM with VideoCore bolted on as an extension.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 23066
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Is VideoCore FIVE in development?

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:41 am

gtechn wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:02 pm
bensimmo wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:26 pm
As a side, what is special with VC4/5 ?
Say compared to alternatives.

I've never really got that (other than the emotional RPI that's what they know/ ex-broadcom workers/patent holder links).

What's its benefit in the chip over the other others?
Cost?
Capabilities?
Can do more?
Why? Because the creator of the Raspberry Pi worked at Broadcom before inventing the Raspberry Pi. When he made the Raspberry Pi 1, the VideoCore IV was actually considered to be a powerful chip for the time period (and it still is), not to mention that ARM Mali (the main alternative) was far behind in development.

Now, times have changed and Mali is ahead, while VideoCore HW development is dead. Moving to a new chip from VideoCore is especially difficult for backward-compatibility, because VideoCore isn't just a GPU. It also has things like MP4/MP2 playback, various codecs, boot interfaces, and the like. In fact, the VideoCore is so large, it is more like the processor is VideoCore with ARM bolted on as an extension, rather than ARM with VideoCore bolted on as an extension.
Pretty much right. Eben still works for Broadcom btw. He also designed the 3D block in the VC3/4, and the team we have at Pi towers almost all worked on the VC3/4 development, so there is a LOT of in house knowledge there, and that is worth its weight in gold.

Even the quad core A53's take up less die space than the VC4, IIRC.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

Return to “General discussion”