On the default theme (raspberry_pi):
1. As suggested, dim the signatures/last-edited section (maybe gray instead of black text?) and make it a bit smaller (maybe 70%-80%?), to put more focus on people's words rather than boilerplate.
2. I'd really like to see something done to set the Stickies off a bit more from the "normal" posts on the index page - perhaps a very slight tint to the background of those rows? This would make it much easier to focus on either the stickies or the normal posts, rather than having to wade through the former to get to the latter.
3. Don't really need the always-on menu top bar - it's nice for new visitors perhaps, but most of us are quite capable of scrolling up to the top of the page, and I'd like the screen space back (again, putting more focus on / devoting more space to people's words).
4. The line at the bottom of the posting page, ("Display posts from previous: ALL POSTS Sort by POST TIME ASCENDING"), the text is kind of comically large, don't need to read the "ALL POSTS" button from far away. Making things too big can actually make them hard to see. Actually, it looks like buttons around the forum (in the control panel, etc.) are themed the same way.
5. The indication on the index page of whether a thread has unread posts has gone from presence / absence of an icon (which was very easy to spot, while quickly scrolling down the list) to using the same icon for both with just a subtle color change: red vs blue, but the color is only a thin (1px?) border on a gray icon and changing the color of the (1px?) lines in the middle that represent text. Skimming the list quickly doesn't really work now, one has to take a split second to examine each icon.
In addition, the color-only indication might pose problems for color-blind people, and people who run in monochrome mode or reduced brightness could see these icons as exactly the same (I recall some OS-level accessibility control setting such modes, so having such slight variations might be adversely affecting people who need such settings). Please strongly consider changing the shape of one of the pair (read/unread) - maybe make one of the two square instead of round? Maybe at least tint the gray background of one of them to the red/blue color? Something to make them easier to parse. Thanks.
Last edited by CarlRJ
on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.