John Doe

Can't connect to company wifi (WPA2 Enterprise)

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:01 pm

First time setting up a a Pi and running into this... When I browse the wifi connections, I can see the wifi I want but it's greyed out. How do I connect to it? I found this(https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 61#p353961) but after following everything he did I actually ended up breaking my wifi connection status (side note, does anyone have the original wpa_supplicant.conf content? I think if I set it back to the default content it'll be fixed).

I think there's something wrong with my cert, I tried exporting my user cert from my (windows) work laptop (has connection to the wifi of interest) but I can't export the cert as .PEM. Only as .cer. Maybe this is the issue?

Looking for an pointers here, if someone wouldn't mind walking me through this process. This is so unbelievably frustrating.

DougieLawson

Re: Can't connect to company wifi (WPA2 Enterprise)

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Have a look at your pem cert with a text file. You should see

Code: Select all

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MII...rest of stuff here ...
..==
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
You need the server's certificate authority certificate in pem format.

Go and ask the folks who own the network for help getting your "stock standard DebIan Linux machine" connected to their network (don't bother telling them it's a Raspberry, it will only fry their brains).
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

John Doe

Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:10 pm

"Go and ask the folks who own the network for help getting your "stock standard DebIan Linux machine" connected to their network "

Yup sent in a ticket last night... Now let's see how long a response takes.. Thanks!

hommar

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Possible need change wifi-country

PS raspbian can't connect to my home wifi by default.
But then I change country=RU in wpa_supplicant.conf, it work

Return to “General discussion”