Pi124

Transmission doesn't start at boot

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:20 am

I installed transmission-daemon on raspbian.

I rebooted and am unble to access it via webui.

I need a link for installing transmission and mKing it auto start at boot.

Also, Can someone tell me how to restart from scratch as I may have tinkered with some transmission config files in an undesirable manner.

allfox

Re: Transmission doesn't start at boot

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:32 pm

Greetings.

I added @reboot pi /bin/sleep 60;/usr/local/bin/transmission-daemon to /etc/crontab to make it start at boot.

The sleep 60 would wait 60 seconds, so the network system would have some time to boot.

Pi124

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:15 pm

allfox wrote:Greetings.

I added @reboot pi /bin/sleep 60;/usr/local/bin/transmission-daemon to /etc/crontab to make it start at boot.

The sleep 60 would wait 60 seconds, so the network system would have some time to boot.
Can you tell me how to reinstall transmission and reset changes made to transmission config files?

allfox

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm

Pi124 wrote:Can you tell me how to reinstall transmission and reset changes made to transmission config files?
I installed mine from source code, so I'm not sure if the APT repo version also works this way:
Transmission-daemon save its config at /home/pi/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json
Document about this file could be found at https://github.com/transmission/transmi ... tion-Files

If you want to reinstall the whole thing, maybe https://github.com/transmission/transmi ... ansmission would help.
I don't want to write a step by step cook recipe now, I'm lazy.

Pi124

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:13 am

I've messed up the transmission configuration. I messed around with a few config files and now I get 403 error even when I've disable ip address in settings.json file.

Can someone help me how to reset to default and install transmission from scratch?

Return to “General discussion”