Asdf11541

libc.so.6 download

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm trying to download steam for Linux on Raspberry Pi and when i try to download it comes up with "You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run: libc.so.6" and i can't find on the forums or on the internet how to download it so i was wondering how to download this.

itimpi

Re: libc.so.6 download

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:48 am

It sounds like you have a generic Linux version for Intel based systems. You will need a version that is specifically built for the ARM processor on the Pi (assuming one even exists).

ghans

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:48 am

It seems unlikely that Steam will ever run on something else than Intel/AMD machines. Most available games also will never run on something else
than an Intel/AMD machine , so i doubt it matters much.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

allfox

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:22 am

Aside from the compatibility problem. Pi is too slow for gaming.

You need a new PC.

fruitoftheloom

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:51 am

Asdf11541 wrote:I'm trying to download steam for Linux on Raspberry Pi and when i try to download it comes up with "You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run: libc.so.6" and i can't find on the forums or on the internet how to download it so i was wondering how to download this.
The STEAM Client does not run on the Raspberry Pi Hardware, where did you receive that information that it actually does ??

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux
Retired disgracefully.....

Return to “General discussion”