hippy

Re: Which 3 things do you want to see in the Raspberry Pi 4?

Thu May 11, 2017 9:32 am

mahjongg wrote:Only a competitor who wants to destroy the PI would come up with such unrealistic borderline trolling nonsense. It reads like a child's Santa Claus wishlist, no reality involved, "I want a jumbo jet, a real one....".
Please keep it sane!
Discounting "unicorns" and other nonsense, which only those trying to close down the thread are throwing in; what is called insane by some is genuinely what others would like. Yes it is a wish list, though others might call it market research for which one would normally have to pay good money for.

No one making a serious suggestion is expecting the Foundation to deliver everything they ask for just because they asked for it, but it won't be "insane" if the Foundation deliver it or go some way towards it. Just because something may be unrealistic or unlikely doesn't mean it's insane.

There is plenty the Pi has delivered which others have said was impossible and would never be had. The Foundation is perfectly capable of deciding what is actually insane or should be discounted; I don't really see the need to self-limit or police people's wish lists no matter how imaginative or wild they may be. Just let people express their "insane" ideas if they want to. It does no harm, and no one is forced to read these threads.

I personally think there should be a separate "wish list" forum so people can shout at the moon, express their desires, and those who don't like that can simply ignore it. That should keep everyone happy.

fruitoftheloom

Thu May 11, 2017 9:45 am

hippy wrote:

I personally think there should be a separate "wish list" forum so people can shout at the moon, express their desires, and those who don't like that can simply ignore it. That should keep everyone happy.
Yes it is call OFF TOPIC
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

hippy

Thu May 11, 2017 9:56 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
hippy wrote:
Yes it is call OFF TOPIC
Except, being related to a Pi, these posts are not entirely "off-topic", and this is "general discussion". But if "off-topic" is the place for wish lists and the like to be; that's fine by me.

Let's make that official policy, let the community know that. Moderators can move these types of post over to that forum if they get started in the wrong forum.

DougieLawson

Thu May 11, 2017 9:58 am

hippy wrote: I personally think there should be a separate "wish list" forum so people can shout at the moon, express their desires, and those who don't like that can simply ignore it. That should keep everyone happy.
Better would be a lifetime ban for anyone who requests that or uses it. The forum is here to solve problems in the here and now, not to push unsolicited, pie-in-the-sky, poppycock and balderdash requests at the RPF folks.

Please take your wish lists elsewhere, just open a Google group for it, it wil be about as useful as this tedious forum thread and the hundreds of predecessor threads asking for the same ponies, unicorns and pegasuses.

This crap isn't related to any Raspberry Pi that exists other than in the dark recesses of someone's deranged mind.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Thu May 11, 2017 10:00 am

Annnnnnndddd. locked.

I did try, you didn't keep it sane. Please don't start any more threads on this subject. Not worth the mod time.

EDIT TO ADD: If I see people deliberately derailing threads because they don't like the content, they will get banned. There is no compromise on this. It may be temporary or permanent, but it will happen.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

Return to “General discussion”