conundrum

Blueberry Pi?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi..
Can the makers of the RPi add Bluetooth and an SDR chipset to the Pi please :-)
Thanks!!!

-A

"Bother!" said Pooh, as the TSA had no sense of humour...

Strawberry_Monty

Re: Blueberry Pi?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:40 pm

I would like a corner of the printboard formed as a can-opener - if I one day should get tired of the Pi (god forbid). :D

Joke aside - I think there is 1.000.000.000.000.000.000,23 (good) whishes for features, which all - more or less - would raise the price to a unaccepable level... (and this I have from the creators)...

Anyway - You can get allmost everything connected through the USB ports - even walk Your dog with the USB port (cable).

W. H. Heydt

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:34 pm

What he said about good ideas...

However...your proposed *name* for such a board is quite clever.

In practice, I suspect the next likely change to the Pi will be a move to 512MB RAM...which has the distinct advantage of not requiring a PCB change. All it takes is for the price of RAM PoP packages to drop to the point that the price can be held.

Daverj

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Pretty much all of the requested extras people want, except the extra RAM, can be done with simple piggy-back boards. And are more appropriate that way since they aren't things that really are needed for the Foundation's intended purpose.

So maybe talk to a circuit designer about creating a Blueberry piggy-back board.

Return to “General discussion”