matthewtb

Re: Gertboard

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:46 pm

I am sorry but what is the gertboard going to be used for exactly?
Also whats its features going to be? On the board will it have the leds and the other stuff it talks about?

I m a bit confused.com
Thanks

spock

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:51 pm

i have 3 questions too.

how will the gertboard be attached to the raspberry pi? won\'t soldering be a bit difficult because everything is so tiny?

how many motors can be attached? i only see connectors for one motor but if you want to build robots and such stuff several motors would be nice.

what kind of motors are meant? stepper motors? servos? or just normal motors?

obarthelemy

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:52 pm

The topic where it was born is there: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum?mingle ... opic&t=456
There\'s pics on the home page: http://www.raspberrypi.org/

It\'s basically a breakout board to make hardware hacking on the pi (using the GPIO, SPI.. to control motors and switches) easier and more foolproof.

matthewtb

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:18 pm

HELLO

Sorry but could some one answer my question properly

THANKS

abishur

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:48 am

Matthew, Obart gave you the exact answer to your question if you want more information than that you need to go read the thread he mentioned, or read the comments on the home page (here\'s a permanent link for when the front page is updated: LINK )

I\'m sorry if you\'re hoping for a more spoon fed answer, but the truth is it\'s an extremely broad answer and rather than re-posting the entire thread here, it would be better just to do some leg work... er... eye work I suppose and read the links yourself ;)

Closing duplicate thread on the gertboard (no offense) :)
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Return to “General discussion”