Mikicat

Connecting Explorenfc + Touchscreen

Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi there,
I was trying to see if there is any way I could connect the Explorenfc module + a touchscreen. The Explorenfc module needs the GPIO connector P1, but it seems that the screen also needs it.

Thanks in advance

SteveSpencer

Re: Connecting Explorenfc + Touchscreen

Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:41 pm

Depends on the touchscreen, of course, so ideally you should say which one you have, or are thinking of getting.
I have the Adafruit ones that mount directly onto a Pi, as well as official displays, which don't.

It might be that if you know which GPIO pins you need for the exploreNFC and the touchscreen, that you can use both, but connecting them to the Pi won't be as simple, since stacking them would obcure either the NFC area or the screen.
Steve S
No, I can't think of anything funny that won't offend someone if they want it to...

Mikicat

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:09 am

And wouldn't it be possible to change the pins it uses in any configuration file?

SteveSpencer

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:08 am

Not necessarily. Some devices expect that they will have exclusive use of something like a specific SPI channel.
Somewhere like https://pinout.xyz/# might be able to help determine what pins are used by each board.
Steve S
No, I can't think of anything funny that won't offend someone if they want it to...

Return to “General discussion”