saranvs

Raspberry Pi Broadcast Media Server

Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi All,

I want to configure Raspberry Pi as a Broadcast Media Server. I'm using pi3 and is wirelessly connected to internet, I want to broadcast media say(Audio/Video) from a Hard Disk/External Storage , to devices such as TV, Smartphones, etc. Can anyone give me a idea to implement it. I have tested Plex media server ,It's working fine but it won't support Broadcasting.

W. H. Heydt

Re: Raspberry Pi Broadcast Media Server

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 pm

saranvs wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:28 pm
Hi All,

I want to configure Raspberry Pi as a Broadcast Media Server. I'm using pi3 and is wirelessly connected to internet, I want to broadcast media say(Audio/Video) from a Hard Disk/External Storage , to devices such as TV, Smartphones, etc. Can anyone give me a idea to implement it. I have tested Plex media server ,It's working fine but it won't support Broadcasting.
First order of business... Find out what your local laws have to say about transmitting *anything* in the commercial television channel frequencies. (Hint...it's probably illegal to do so.)

default_user8

Re: Raspberry Pi Broadcast Media Server

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:00 pm

I've posted this several times in the past, this is what you're looking for, but be aware that this may or may not be legal where you live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI0LuIcFM98
Two heads are better than one, unless one's a goat head.

Return to “General discussion”