Eranath

Is it possible to connect rasperry pi display to zero

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:11 pm

Greetings,

I have this thing i´m wondering about.
Is it possible to connect 7" Rasperry pi Display v.1.1 to Rasperry pi Zero.
Been trying to find if there´s adapter to that flat cable that would make it possible.

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Is it possible to connect rasperry pi display to zero

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:25 am

Hi,
no you cannot connect the display to the zero as there is no display port on the zero.
Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

tweak42

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:10 am

Eranath wrote:Greetings,

I have this thing i´m wondering about.
Is it possible to connect 7" Rasperry pi Display v.1.1 to Rasperry pi Zero.
Been trying to find if there´s adapter to that flat cable that would make it possible.
If you are talking about the Official Screen then no, it requires a DSI port that the Zero lacks. The Zero only has mini hdmi for video out, so you would need a screen that connects using hdmi.

Pi compatibility is list here:
https://www.element14.com/community/doc ... en-display

HawaiianPi

Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:47 am

tweak42 wrote:If you are talking about the Official Screen then no, it requires a DSI port that the Zero lacks. The Zero only has mini hdmi for video out, so you would need a screen that connects using hdmi...
You should be able to use a screen that connects to the GPIO header as well (which would require adding the header pins to the Zero). Oh, and while we're on the subject of soldering on header pins, there is a composite video connection as well. So, HDMI, composite, or one of those mini touchscreens that connects to the GPIO header.
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

W. H. Heydt

Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:42 pm

HawaiianPi wrote:
tweak42 wrote:If you are talking about the Official Screen then no, it requires a DSI port that the Zero lacks. The Zero only has mini hdmi for video out, so you would need a screen that connects using hdmi...
You should be able to use a screen that connects to the GPIO header as well (which would require adding the header pins to the Zero). Oh, and while we're on the subject of soldering on header pins, there is a composite video connection as well. So, HDMI, composite, or one of those mini touchscreens that connects to the GPIO header.
I have a couple of Pi Zeros set up using the GPIO headers to connect, so--yes--that works.

If the OPs issue is size or power requirements, the Model A+ has a DSI connector and would work with the RPF 7" touchscreen.

tinylcd

Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:59 am

hello

on below link you can find various options for display for pizero

http://www.neosecsolutions.com/

regards
tinylcd

Return to “General discussion”