tgwaste
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:10 pm

yep, screw MCM. They still havnt replied to any of my email. They're terrible.

User avatar
mcmelectronics
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Dayton, OH, US
Contact: Website

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:53 pm

tgwaste wrote:yep, screw MCM. They still havnt replied to any of my email. They're terrible.
We apologize for any delay in getting back to you. If you'd like to PM us your name/email and which address you emailed, we'll be happy to get with customer service to find out what's going on.
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
facebook.com/mcmelectronics

User avatar
mcmelectronics
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Dayton, OH, US
Contact: Website

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Chromium wrote:I also just ordered the pi and ended up paying more than double the price i expected.

$35 for the RPi
$5 tax
$17 shipping fee
$24 COD fee

During the checkout the shipping charge said $5 and a COD charge was never mentioned.
Although the shipping was quite fast (less than a week), im pretty mad that im paying more than $80 for something i was expecting to get for around $50.
As stated earlier, everywhere the promo was listed explicitly stated the $5 shipping is for the continental US only. The website also will have swapped to "TBD" charges for out of country users. We're sorry if this was overlooked when ordering, but appreciate your order.

The $35 charge for the Pi and the $17 shipping fee are what we bill Canadian customers. The rest is out of our control and consists of customs fees and taxes. We'll look for a way to better convey this info on the site during checkout.
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
facebook.com/mcmelectronics

tgwaste
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:57 pm

mcmelectronics wrote:
tgwaste wrote:yep, screw MCM. They still havnt replied to any of my email. They're terrible.
We apologize for any delay in getting back to you. If you'd like to PM us your name/email and which address you emailed, we'll be happy to get with customer service to find out what's going on.
Doesnt matter now youve already shipped my product.

What this post should had said was this:

"We will ship you a power supply and give you free shipping for the trouble we caused".

Thats how you take care of customers. Not some bullcrap "we dont know what happened to the email" response.

Chromium
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 am

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 pm

Yeah, you're right. Now that I've spent $80, saying that you will find a way to convey the real price isn't really going to change anything. If the site was upfront and actually told me how much I was going to pay, I probably wouldn't have purchased from them in the first place.

If you are in Canada do not buy from them thinking you are getting deal. You aren't. If you want one, just order from Newark or buy locally.

Yeroc
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:04 am

I have to say I agree with the negative comments on MCM Electronics.

I guess it should have set off big alarm bells when a site says TBD for Shipping & Handling charges but I was very shocked when I ordered three very small Raspberry PI accessories: an Adafruit Pi Cobbler, USB to TTL cable & low profile MicroSD adapter and found out today that the cost was more than doubled (!!) by the Shipping & Handling fees of $19.99. Meanwhile the Canadian Newark site is completely transparent about their fees ($8).

Please post your shipping and handling fees so all us Canadians are warned away upfront. What makes it even worse is we don't find out about the fees until AFTER the order has shipped so we can't cancel the order.

Corey

Chromium
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 am

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Yeroc wrote:I have to say I agree with the negative comments on MCM Electronics.

I guess it should have set off big alarm bells when a site says TBD for Shipping & Handling charges but I was very shocked when I ordered three very small Raspberry PI accessories: an Adafruit Pi Cobbler, USB to TTL cable & low profile MicroSD adapter and found out today that the cost was more than doubled (!!) by the Shipping & Handling fees of $19.99. Meanwhile the Canadian Newark site is completely transparent about their fees ($8).

Please post your shipping and handling fees so all us Canadians are warned away upfront. What makes it even worse is we don't find out about the fees until AFTER the order has shipped so we can't cancel the order.

Corey
Your lucky, you only got charged for shipping. I got charged for shipping ($17) plus another $24 COD fee. I wish i ordered from newark...would've been half the price i paid.

Yeroc
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:52 am

Chromium wrote: Your lucky, you only got charged for shipping. I got charged for shipping ($17) plus another $24 COD fee. I wish i ordered from newark...would've been half the price i paid.
I could yet get a nastier surprise as the items haven't arrived...

Corey

User avatar
mcmelectronics
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Dayton, OH, US
Contact: Website

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Just an update - we've got a good amount of stock at current, of both the boards and bundles. We've heard that others are in a non-stock position, so we wanted to clarify we are in a stock position. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi

We're also on the waiting list to receive the camera board, but it will be a while yet, we hear. If you want us to email you as soon as they're in, fill out the form on our product page: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/28-17733

Finally, the assembled Gertboard, Pi-Face, Humble Pi and Slice of Pi are all currently in stock as well - http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... -On-Boards
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
facebook.com/mcmelectronics

User avatar
mcmelectronics
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Dayton, OH, US
Contact: Website

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:48 pm

The Model A board is now up on our site for purchase. We'll be getting our first shipment early next week. Additionally, we're offering a few Model A bundles, and have put up a comparison chart detailing the difference between the A and B - http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi

Also, we just got a bunch of rainbow PiBows in stock - http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/83-14635
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
facebook.com/mcmelectronics

User avatar
mcmelectronics
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Dayton, OH, US
Contact: Website

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:34 pm

mcmelectronics wrote:The Model A board is now up on our site for purchase. We'll be getting our first shipment early next week. Additionally, we're offering a few Model A bundles, and have put up a comparison chart detailing the difference between the A and B - http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi
The Model A board is in stock!

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... nd-Bundles
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
facebook.com/mcmelectronics

tgwaste
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:39 pm

mcmelectronics wrote:
mcmelectronics wrote:The Model A board is now up on our site for purchase. We'll be getting our first shipment early next week. Additionally, we're offering a few Model A bundles, and have put up a comparison chart detailing the difference between the A and B - http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi
The Model A board is in stock!

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... nd-Bundles
$10.69 to ship this. outrageous.

User avatar
mcmelectronics
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Dayton, OH, US
Contact: Website

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Thu May 02, 2013 1:30 pm

We thought we'd stop in and say we're offering $5 shipping on UPS Ground shipping for the continental US for web orders. It's good through Sunday, May 5th. No source code necessary.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
facebook.com/mcmelectronics

asianPi
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:41 am

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:57 pm

Chromium wrote:
Yeroc wrote:I have to say I agree with the negative comments on MCM Electronics.

I guess it should have set off big alarm bells when a site says TBD for Shipping & Handling charges but I was very shocked when I ordered three very small Raspberry PI accessories: an Adafruit Pi Cobbler, USB to TTL cable & low profile MicroSD adapter and found out today that the cost was more than doubled (!!) by the Shipping & Handling fees of $19.99. Meanwhile the Canadian Newark site is completely transparent about their fees ($8).

Please post your shipping and handling fees so all us Canadians are warned away upfront. What makes it even worse is we don't find out about the fees until AFTER the order has shipped so we can't cancel the order.

Corey
Your lucky, you only got charged for shipping. I got charged for shipping ($17) plus another $24 COD fee. I wish i ordered from newark...would've been half the price i paid.
so you pay for shipping once you receive the package or what?

User avatar
jbeale
Posts: 3494
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:51 pm
Contact: Website

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:11 pm

mcmelectronics wrote:The Model A board is in stock!
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... nd-Bundles
I gather MCM Electronics has discontinued the Model A? It does not even show as not in stock; there is currently no sign of the Raspbery Pi Model A anywhere on their website.

frost_bite
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:12 am

mcmelectronics wrote:
woopderson wrote:Hi MCM!

Just a quick inquiry: I placed an order on the 21st of August, and it is listed as shipped. But the total price for the pi is listed as $35, and no shipping cost has been added (it has remained at TBD despite the pi being shipped).

The pi is being shipped into Canada, so I can't imagine the shipping cost to be that high... but I am curious!
It also appears to have been stuck at customs for almost 5 days now, but I know that is out of your hands. =/

Glad to see that you are making an active presence on the forums!
Hey there - yes, due to the large variance in duties and fees, we can't accurately quote shipping costs for you folks online. If you just bought the Pi, or one of the bundles, it will have gone out in our smallest shipping box, so the price should be reasonable on shipping.

Not sure about the customs bit. Let us know if there is anything we can do there.
WHAT was the final shipping price? Talk about half-information. You have the opportunity to clear this up for any future Canadian buyer, except you exit the thread prematurely. (Directed @ wood, not mcm)

bryanandaimee
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Just to add to the discussion since MCM seems to be monitoring this forum. I bought two RasPi model B+ recently from MCM when shipping was $5 to the US. When the Pi(s) arrived they were in a bubble padded envelope rather than a box. One of the Pi had a bent USB housing, I assume from being crushed during shipping. MCM were very nice about returning it and getting a replacement so no complaints there. Just a suggestion to package in a box rather than soft envelope in the future.

Bryan

Return to “General discussion”