Page 5 of 7

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:29 pm
by flammenwurfer
Just got my shipping confirmation. Excellent!

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:44 am
by emoranger123
I placed my order of a Raspberry pi Model B, on Sunday while it said in stock. Why has the shipping time changed? My web order number is W000799601.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:08 pm
by Kexler
Stock must have got sapped pretty quickly. I ordered the evening of Monday Dec 10 showing it as "in stock". Now it shows "backordered" and gives an estimation of delivery around April of next year. Yish.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:04 am
by hikaricloud
I made an order on 12/10, said the Pi was backordered until 12/14 (thereabouts), took a look today and saw it was up to 12/26, yikes. And it says my order has a backorder...here's hoping it's not all the way to the 26th. Or April like above, I haven't even gotten a delivery estimate.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:02 pm
by Cail
Anyone else that ordered around 12/10 with in stock that haven't received any shipping info yet? I'm wondering if their stock numbers were off or something. No big deal really I suppose.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:56 pm
by FDP
I ordered from MCM on 12/6 and they shipped on 12/7, got it a day or so later via. UPS ground. Couldn't really ask for more, and this contrasts sharply with my ~75 day ongoing RMA wait from RS components. Just a note, the board appears to be from Element 14, which I hadn't realized when placing the order.

Anyway, definitely recommend MCM as a reseller, but it also seems like I got lucky with when I put in my order.

-FDP

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:03 pm
by Dweeber
FDP wrote:Just a note, the board appears to be from Element 14, which I hadn't realized when placing the order.
MCM, Newark, Farnell, Element14 are basically the same company in different forms. They are all "A Premier Farnell Company" .... In the US I think there are a few others in the group as well.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:57 pm
by Cail
I couldn't figure out where an edit option was but I just wanted to add.

Despite what I said, I believe MCM is a great company. I've dealt with them in the past (a long time ago) and never had a bad experience.

I think this was just luck of the draw and I ordered when stock was very low. It sucks but not something I really blame MCM for.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:56 pm
by kazar
I ordered mine on Dec 11th and I saw yesterday that it went from available to back ordered. I got a shipment email today saying that it is on its way. Don't give up hope.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:00 pm
by hikaricloud
Really hope I get any kind of correspondence soon...since ordering on the 10th, the rest of my stuff shipped but I haven't gotten anything about anything in my email yet. I appreciate it's a busy time of year, but man.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 pm
by Dweeber
hikaricloud wrote:Really hope I get any kind of correspondence soon...since ordering on the 10th, the rest of my stuff shipped but I haven't gotten anything about anything in my email yet. I appreciate it's a busy time of year, but man.
Might try using a phone and simply call them??

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:33 pm
by mcmelectronics
emoranger123 wrote:I placed my order of a Raspberry pi Model B, on Sunday while it said in stock. Why has the shipping time changed? My web order number is W000799601.
Your order shipped out yesterday. I have sent you a PM with the tracking information.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm
by mcmelectronics
hikaricloud wrote:Really hope I get any kind of correspondence soon...since ordering on the 10th, the rest of my stuff shipped but I haven't gotten anything about anything in my email yet. I appreciate it's a busy time of year, but man.
Please send me a PM with your order number and I can check the status for you.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:47 pm
by Dilligaf
Thank you MCM both PIs I ordered from you at separate times arrived within 3 days, your coming on the forum and answering peoples inquiries is above and beyond what is expected from you. I have always had positive experiences with your organization.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:35 pm
by hikaricloud
Dweeber wrote:
hikaricloud wrote:Really hope I get any kind of correspondence soon...since ordering on the 10th, the rest of my stuff shipped but I haven't gotten anything about anything in my email yet. I appreciate it's a busy time of year, but man.
Might try using a phone and simply call them??
Some of us might have weird sleeping hours/work schedules and loads of things going on in life?

I normally give retailers the benefit of the doubt before calling and bothering them, I was just posting my situation.

MCM: Sending PM, thank you for the response.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 am
by marmalade
I placed an order for 2 Raspberry Pi's on 12/10 and only got one in the package. I got the rest of the things I ordered (2 cases & 2 power supplies) but just one Pi. Not sure if this is a shipping mistake or what.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:04 am
by Dweeber
marmalade wrote:I placed an order for 2 Raspberry Pi's on 12/10 and only got one in the package. I got the rest of the things I ordered (2 cases & 2 power supplies) but just one Pi. Not sure if this is a shipping mistake or what.
Their website is pretty good at giving you access to the Invoice and what is included. Use the order number an give that a try it should tell you the status of your order.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:53 am
by marmalade
Dweeber wrote: Their website is pretty good at giving you access to the Invoice and what is included. Use the order number an give that a try it should tell you the status of your order.
Yeah that is the strange thing though, both the online order status page and the printed invoice in the package say QTY SHIPPED 2 but there was only one element14 box in there.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:21 am
by coolasice
Any idea on an eta for in stock? The website says 9998 days or May 2 depending on where you look......

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:36 pm
by ski522
Dweeber wrote: Might try using a phone and simply call them??
In today's day and age, company's need to be just as responsive by email as they are by phone.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:21 pm
by plugwash
marmalade wrote: Yeah that is the strange thing though, both the online order status page and the printed invoice in the package say QTY SHIPPED 2 but there was only one element14 box in there.
In that case it does sound like the person who physically packed your order made a mistake. Call them up, tell them what happened and ask them to send the missing item.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 pm
by coolasice
MCM has free shipping on orders $49.99 and over... just pre-ordered my pi with case and powersupply!

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:10 pm
by mcmelectronics
marmalade wrote:
Dweeber wrote: Their website is pretty good at giving you access to the Invoice and what is included. Use the order number an give that a try it should tell you the status of your order.
Yeah that is the strange thing though, both the online order status page and the printed invoice in the package say QTY SHIPPED 2 but there was only one element14 box in there.
It does appear that this is most likely a shipping error. Please PM me with your order number and I can double check, or you can just contact our Customer Service department and they can help sort it out.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:12 pm
by mcmelectronics
coolasice wrote:Any idea on an eta for in stock? The website says 9998 days or May 2 depending on where you look......
We've just received additional stock today! We don't expect them to last long, but as of right now they are available on our website.

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:39 am
by siloner
woot! just ordered. Now to cancel the Alliance order i placed