williams23

Hubpixed vs HubPiwi

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:52 am

I am trying to take a decision on buying a Hub for my Raspberry Pi. I have to make a decision between Hubpixed and HubPiWi. Can anyone suggest which one should I take.

digger72

Re: Hubpixed vs HubPiwi

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:59 am

Both the hubpixed as well as the HubPiWi are great products for Raspberry Pi Zero - almost must hub.

Both will extend USB ports to make your Pi Zero more useful. The Hubpixed extends 4 USB ports while the HubPiWi extends 3 USB Ports.

The HubPiwi uses one of the ports to provide you Wifi.

Hubpixed

HubPiWi

The Hubpixed is cheaper and if you have a USB Wifi dongle lying around you can make use of it and buy the hubpixed. The Dongle Wifi will be a bit better in Wifi signalling and range etc.

drushtx

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:07 pm

Cautionary tale about the Hubpixed:

I ordered a Hubpixed on eBay from the developer (Foxboro, MA). I liked the spring clips and envision(ed) using it to do setups then run headless without the Hub. Needed it for a project two weeks later. Developer did not ship for a week. When the box arrived, it contained and old, used WiFi dongle and that's it. No Hubpixed. There was a complaint on eBay from another user who received an old used WiFi dongle of same make/model so I suspect it was returned and I was the next victim.

Wrote the seller for four days before he responded. By then, it was too late to use it - had to use a traditional hub and USB adapters.

He agreed to a refund - haven't seen it yet (10 days later). Couple days later, he offered to send a unit. It was too late for the project. Told him I didn't care - refund or a unit. Have not seen either.

Hubpixed looks like a good product but be prepared for a challenging purchase experience.

digger72

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:53 pm

drushtx wrote:Cautionary tale about the Hubpixed:

I ordered a Hubpixed on eBay from the developer (Foxboro, MA). I liked the spring clips and envision(ed) using it to do setups then run headless without the Hub. Needed it for a project two weeks later.....
Hi David Rush,

I sincerely apologize for the hassle you had to go through - that was none of your fault. I was on vacation vising my father in that period and my family were handling the ebay shipment and they had no experience of doing it earlier. Some shipments got messed up in that period.

All your money has been fully refunded to you. Please see the attached screen shot.

Image update with personal information removed.

You can also keep the Wifi that you have and you do not need to return it. We rightly deserve the negative feedback you left on the ebay against this transaction. We basically have been hit by loosing

1. Negative feedback
2. Shipment of Wifi Module
3. Wifi Module

But we hope to do better. We have improved the process and a tracking number is assigned same day as it is purchased on ebay.

This thread was about comparison of HubPiWi and the hubpixed so let us focus on that topic. Also, I have another great project called HubPiWi blue running on kickstarter that you may like to take a look at

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... th-3-usb-p
Last edited by digger72 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FlexibleSigmoid

Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Dude! Don't publish people personal information out like that just to try and shame them. I hope no one purchases you products if this the kind of response to expect from a complaint. Immature and unprofessional. Please delete the screen shot of a PayPal transaction, how on Earth is that justified?!?

digger72

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:55 pm

The personal information stands removed. Thanks for bringing it to the notice.

As for the original question of the Hubpixed vs HubPiWi - my preference and advise will be Hubpixed with Wifi USB Dongle.

Return to “General discussion”