troombatzia

Re: RS news on shipping time

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:44 am

steveb_123 wrote:*has anyone been able to get a refund from RS for their Pi ?
I've read a lot of people complaining they can't.
Someone was refunded. I hope this happens to me too. I'm tired of this story with RS.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=13654
English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Jens

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:45 am

My order was delayed by another 8 weeks! Cancelled 5 minutes ago. Fortunately I already have one Pi and will order more from Farnell instead.
I have used RS a lot in the past and have never had an issue with their service before. This one however, they screwed up biiig time.

Upfront

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:16 am

I just cancelled my order as well Bye, Bye RS! Are there any reliable U.S. supplier available
now? If not, what other places would someone recommend? Thanks for any help ahead of time.

winkleink
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:02 pm

It looks like a lot of us got the RS email yesterday.
I have placed an order with Farnell - quoting 2-3 weeks. If this happens then I will cancel my RS order.

When I ordered originally and was told 11 weeks I thought fair enough. That's how long it takes considering the demand. But since Farnell can (hopefully) deliver it sooner I ordered from them.

Nothing against RS, it sounds like they are doing the best they can.
It would be interesting to see the split of orders between RS and Farnell to see if the extended lead time for RS was caused purely because they received more orders. While if RS and Farnell have shared the load evenly it's curious that RS have run out while Farnell appear to be in a better position.

Still looking forward to getting the Raspberry Pi and having a play and because of the extended wait the Raspberry PI I expected to receive now has:
Hardware Floating Point
Mame Binaries
Multiple IP boards with libraries already in place, including support for Scratch.
MPEG 2 Decoding in Hardware
An extensive list of peripherals that are known to work
and a whole lot more that i can find on Youtube (I loves the videos)

So, until it arrives I will continue to tinker with my Arduino.

Raspberry Pi - keeping tech branded free t-shirt wearing geeks on the edge of their seat since the 29th February 2012 (OK maybe May 2011 when the original stick version was shown on the BBC)
Twitter:Winkleink
Google+: Winkleink

ferrymanr

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:03 pm

georgekok97 wrote:My order reference number is: 101016xxxx

when will my order will be shipped ????

My order number is 82521 but since receiving the order confirmation and them accepting my money there has been absolutely no communication (or Raspberry Pi) from RS.
Richard

itimpi

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:23 pm

winkleink wrote: It would be interesting to see the split of orders between RS and Farnell to see if the extended lead time for RS was caused purely because they received more orders. While if RS and Farnell have shared the load evenly it's curious that RS have run out while Farnell appear to be in a better position.
Since Farnell have their own contracts for manufacture of the Pi it might just be that they either ordered larger numbers up front or were better at forecasting expected demand. I expect that money has to be put up-front for components so it could also be a case of Farnell being prepared to risk more money tp ensure their supplies.

I expect we will never know for sure as this is likely to be commercially sensitive information. The Foundation stated a few months ago that the production ramp-up had reached 4,000 per day in total and since RS in their recent email stated they would be recieving 40,000 Pi's in September and a similar number in October this is roughly in line with that sort of volume.

cspiby

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm

They're taking the Michael, my order number is 91xxx, it was held back because the clear case wasn't in stock and you can bet your bottom dollar that by the time they have them again in September, the clear case will be OOS again.

This is such a slap dash service, they could have put a Pi aside for me until the case came in then ship the whole lot, but no, common sense doesn't seem to have a place at RS Electronics.

denzil

DONT BUY FROM RS

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:12 am

im in the same boat , another 5 weeks delay . rs refusing to answer emails , and cutting off phone calls

its not the delay that winds me up its the lies , there is no way rs only found out that there was a five week delay the day it was ment to ship out , it stinks of underhandedness ( this seams to be rs new business mode !)

and whats with this 14 working daysfor a refund !! that works out at just under 3 weeks , even the trading standards think that "excesive"

ive got a meeting with trading standards on thursday about this (and some other matters) so ill let you all know how i get along ,

but vote with your feet and dont buy of rs anymore

smellybiker

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:42 pm

An update... I ordered another one from Farnell on August 28th, it was shipped *yesterday*!!

Now I don't have to wait until November.

Happy!
smellybiker wrote:Well that sucks....
I only grumbled a little (to myself) with the 12 week delivery time RS quoted when I ordered on 3rd July... after all, I'm in Chile, things take a while here in the third world.
Today I get an email saying it'll be another 8 weeks !!! That'll be 20 weeks in total - is there a prize for the slowest delivery ? Maybe its destined to be a Christmas present ?
Just in case anyone is tracking such things.. order number was1427**

szaleniec

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:14 pm

xtramural wrote: Here's the HowTo:
Frequently asked questions about Raspberry Pi
Q - How do I cancel my order?

A - Go to the cancel an order page on the Raspberry Online store and follow the instructions provided. If your goods have not yet been despatched, we will cancel your order and credit your payment back to you. If they have been despatched, follow the instructions on the Returns page and send your goods back to us. Your payment will be credited back within 14 working days. Please only cancel your order if you no longer require the product, as your authorisation code will become invalid once an order has been placed using it. You will receive an auto acknowledgement email once submitting the cancellation request.
It's far more than 14 working days.
I've been waiting for my money back since 2.08.
On 21.08 RS wrote "Can I please give you a revised time frame of 25 days from the original email". 25 working days gone and still no money.

N4EV

Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:55 pm

RS stand for Really Sucks!

I will NEVER again place an order with them!

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/posti ... 91da9a1809#

gm3eiy

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:16 pm

RS has advised me 13 weeks for delivery!!! Farnell delivered in 4 days

Mike GM3EIY/VP8DIA

Balthazar54

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:19 pm

I got tired of waiting, so I ordered another one from newark, which did not charge my card until they shipped. They were out of stock when I ordered, but that was 3-4 weeks ago, and it arrived last Wednesday.

Am going to let the first order continue. What the heck, it's just 10 fewer mochas. I don't need the extra calories anyway.
Question: linux != tanstaafl ?

Wizard

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:56 pm

I had a look at my original order from RS...
<snip>
Thank you for your Raspberry Pi order, your order reference number is: 101017nnnn

Date of order Thu, 02 Aug 2012, 01:33 AM
Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 17 week(s))
</snip>

If one do the maths that'd put me for delivery around 09 Dec...
Yes, this sucks but it was clear from day one that a somewhat "lenghty" wait was involved...

As long as RS delivers in early Dec they are not late so I can't complain really...

The only thing RS is doing wrong is taking orders for something they can't deliver within reasonable time.
I didn't really think it was going to take 17 silly weeks but it looks like it will...

I have to give RS some support because in my case they are still on track as far as I'm concerned and I haven't heard anything else.

You always have the option of cancelling and placing an order with a different company and have delivery within one week ;)
Raspberry Pi turned out to be quite popular, didn't it? ;)

p.s When I started using computers we had to wait for months when ordering parts - which costed loads of money!
Whilst waiting one read the 6502, 6512 and later the MC68000 Hardware Reference Manual every night in order to learn... The interwebs was yet to be invented.
You all have the opportunity to become ARM gurus whilst waiting for your Raspberry Pi! :p
Raspberry Pi - finally a worthy replacement for A500!!!

Lob0426

Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:29 am

Balthazar54 wrote:I got tired of waiting, so I ordered another one from newark, which did not charge my card until they shipped. They were out of stock when I ordered, but that was 3-4 weeks ago, and it arrived last Wednesday.

Am going to let the first order continue. What the heck, it's just 10 fewer mochas. I don't need the extra calories anyway.
One of lifes hard choices, 10 mochas or another RasPi. :lol:
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

pacmariner

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:15 pm

I never got any such emails and I am still waiting for RS to notify me of my pending shipment.... this is the absolute worst from any company I have ever dealt with, I will never order anything from them again nor will I ever recommend them to anyone, PERIOD!

sparkux

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Just cancelled my order from RS. The recent delay pushed my delivery estimate back into November and the when I found out that Farnell had a 3 week estimated lead time it was an easy decision.

RoyalWulf

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:35 pm

I preordered on April 19 with RS - boy was I dumb
I ordered and paid on June 27th - boy was I dumb
Yesterday I cancelled my order with RS, ordered with Element14 who had 1200 in stock.
Today, less than 24 hours later it arrived.

Why didn't I do that earlier?

MicroStrand

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:02 am

RoyalWulf wrote:Why didn't I do that earlier?
Because you have been dumb! :lol:
"Thinking and dreaming are an essential part of human existence. But they are not enough. Actually doing something - steering electrons about their myriad paths - is reality. Nothing substitutes for it." Charles H. Moore

sparkux

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:54 pm

sparkux wrote:Just cancelled my order from RS. The recent delay pushed my delivery estimate back into November and the when I found out that Farnell had a 3 week estimated lead time it was an easy decision.
Two days after ordering with Farnell my Pi has been shipped. Very excited! :D

jose1711_

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:26 am

my order ref. number is 89792 so i cannot match it in the referenced table. raspi is still not here and i rs is not answering my e-mail... i don't think this is the way business should be done.

RaTTuS

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:44 am

jose1711_ wrote:my order ref. number is 89792 so i cannot match it in the referenced table. raspi is still not here and i rs is not answering my e-mail... i don't think this is the way business should be done.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=17071
may help a bit
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

Balthazar54

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:59 am

I've ordered a Hackberry ( to go along with my RPi's, if you get something cheap is it still the same as not spending the money at all? ) and I see that Miniand is also having production problems. The difference is that they are posting updates on their forum. And only taking money when they are ready to ship.

No VAT either...
Question: linux != tanstaafl ?

smellybiker

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:39 pm

I never was *that* patient...

Ordered another one from Farnel on 28th August, received a email note on 5th Sept saying it'd been shipped, and it arrived today (29th Sept) here in Santiago de Chile...even better its a REV 2 :-)

As for RS... I cancelled on 6th Sept and received a full refund via Paypal on the 10th Sept, so at least they were quick to give my money back.
smellybiker wrote:Well that sucks....

I only grumbled a little (to myself) with the 12 week delivery time RS quoted when I ordered on 3rd July... after all, I'm in Chile, things take a while here in the third world.

Today I get an email saying it'll be another 8 weeks !!! That'll be 20 weeks in total - is there a prize for the slowest delivery ? Maybe its destined to be a Christmas present ?

Just in case anyone is tracking such things.. order number was1427**

pc2u

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:10 am

i placed my order in june and was told after a stuff up it would be end of september ,still no word

SORT THIS OUT RS !!!!!!

Return to “General discussion”